Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gatecon Full Circle, Sept 01 - 04, 2022 ~ Sheraton Vancouver Airport, Richmond, BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatecon Full Circle, Sept 01 - 04, 2022 ~ Sheraton Vancouver Airport, Richmond, BC

not going
    Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 01 May 2022, 05:31 AM.

This is good news, didn't think there would be any more Stargate cons on my doorstep. Gatecon is always a joy to attend, glad they decided to come back to Vancouver. I'll be there!

Comment

Hmmm, wonder if I am old enough to qualify for an Anciant Ticket, I feel it sometimes.

The guest list is disappointing imho, there are only two names I recognise.
      Have RDA, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge and Michael Shanks given up?
      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

RDA was main guest in 2016 and Michael and Amanda attended the last one....I believe Ben Browder has been announced for this one...most of the news is on their Facebook Pages or their own Forum I believe..
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Got my tickets. Haven’t been to GateCon since *gasp* 2008!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG
            Last time I was at Gatecon was 2008. My Asgard ticket was upgraded to Furling since I was in the waitlist draw.
            My last GateCon was 2008 where we met in person! Looking forward to seeing you again!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
              My last GateCon was 2008 where we met in person! Looking forward to seeing you again!
              Hi GateGeek,

I don’t think that she will be attending now.
              Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
              sigpic
              Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
              HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
              Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
              Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
              Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

I just can't understand how anyone can think this lineup is disappointing. I'm very happy with the announcements. In fact, I would be content if these guests were all the guests that are coming.

Comment

Did they announce anything about volunteering? I haven’t seen anything. The link they used to have on their GateCon website is gone. I would love to help out if they’ll let me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Edited the thread title.
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG
                      The convention has been moved to 2022. Announcement made on Facebook via Gatecon. Organizers are still confirming a date in possibly September.

Gatecon | Facebook
                      This is a bummer, but I am not surprised—impossible to plan an international event with the uncertainty

Comment

Are tickets still on sale? The website has info about the different tiers but I couldn’t see an actual way to purchase them? Or am I just dense lol.

Comment

Can't believe it's been over a year since I've been here on Gateworld. I couldn't log in before as the website had changed and older account logins didn't work. Now on seeing Gatecon is back in Vancouver this year I decided to try logging in again and strangely it worked. I am retiring in June so I have time to enjoy conventions and not worry about getting time off so I'm thinking I will be going to Gatecon!

Comment

Shame you can't come, be good to catch up. Miss the old con buddies!

Comment

Just passing along some sad news. Michael Amowitz has passed away. He was a regular Gatecon attendee and volunteer. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X