Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which SG scene would deserve a reaction video on YouTube? ?spoilers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which SG scene would deserve a reaction video on YouTube? ?spoilers?

I know that the Stargate shows were family friendly, so occasionally there were some nice darker plot twists, but they were not like the LOST or Game of Thrones. So which scene would you chose to record to share the reaction of a new SG viewer on YouTube? Which plot twist was the most shocking or surprising which was not expected? Please use spoiler tags.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

If you were spoilerfree, than I would definitely say that the following two scenes would classify for a "reaction video":

SG-1
    Spoiler:
    Janet getting shot in Heroes I.

SGA
    Spoiler:
    Michael's reveal as being a Wraith.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Platschu, I love you and everything you do for this community -- your commitment and level of fandom is something most of us can only aspire to without ever achieving -- but "reaction videos" are just the worst kind of faux-fandom
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It's like watching an animal at the zoo, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          It's like watching an animal at the zoo, I guess.
          For me it's just....there are only two possible circumstances under which a "reaction video" could be filmed. Either
          a) You're just always filming yourself when watching things, therefore you are appallingly vain; OR
          b) You're recording yourself the second time you watch it, in which case it's completely staged -- so you're faking it on top of being appallingly vain

In either case, just so eye-rollingly phony
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Comment

SG1
              Spoiler:
              Daniel's death or the Death of the Asgard (assuming they had seen enough of SG1 for it to have an effect). And not a plot twist, but the battle over Antartica

SGA
              Spoiler:
              Carson's Death or the Reveal of the evil Asgard. And, not a plot twist, but Atlantis rising from the Ocean

Spoiler:
              SGU
              Young leaving Rush for dead or the end of Gauntlet

Comment

Great. I can't open the spoiler tags on my tablet, so I willread you comments on my PC. Thanks for the kind words, DigiFluid. "Vanity is definately my favorite sin!" I have a dozent favorite YouTube reactors (like Normies, Sasskasays), so when I have watched Game of Thrones then I have looked around to see a few familiar faces' reaction. I have never subscribed to any of them, just it is good to see their opinion like an alternative to the forum.

Stargate was never really built on the WTF moments. Maybe some of the two parter had nice cliffhangers, while others have really felt forced (like the return of CloneBeckett). I don't want to write spoilers (and not on my tablet anyway) because of FH, but I believe the SG:U had a few nice plot twists what nobody has expected.

I am guessing everybody has seen all SG shows who wanted to see them,so maybe the next geeration audience could be a target for such videos. But since they are rushed with so many nice games and other tv shows with massive and detailed lores, that maybe the children wouldn't watch the SG shows what their parents liken even as a part of their teenager protest. Simply a nice cgi battle won't mean the same for them in comparsion to that generation who have grown up in the 90es.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I find that I'm hardly surprised by plottwists, and sometimes I'm annoyed when I've seen it coming a mile away... Except for that one kill in Game of Thrones at the end of the battle of Winterfell... that was worthy of a reaction video by me...

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    I know that the Stargate shows were family friendly, so occasionally there were some nice darker plot twists, but they were not like the LOST or Game of Thrones. So which scene would you chose to record to share the reaction of a new SG viewer on YouTube? Which plot twist was the most shocking or surprising which was not expected? Please use spoiler tags.
                    Spoiler:
                    Daniel coming back from the dead! I expected him to die for good the 5-6 times we've seen... okay enough go see #2

Spoiler:
                    The reveal of Apophis on the prison of hell episode, I think that was a good one.
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

SG-1
                      Spoiler:

- the revelation of Imhotep in his Jaffa First Prime body
                      - the death of Fifth
                      - the death of Yu
                      - the laugh of Anubis - cheerio
                      - the first burning of Vala Mal Doran in Avalon, part 2

SGA
                      Spoiler:

- When the Genii has conquered Atlantis in season 1 and they have killed the two soldiers
                      - then Sheppard has closed the shield / Iris in the same episode and he killed 55 people (!)
                      - When the millionaire has decided to offer himself as a food resource for Todd in season 4
                      - The revelation of the Vanir (evil Asgard) tribe

SGU
                      Spoiler:

- The suicide scene in season 1
                      - The double kill of Ginn/Amanda in season 2
                      Last edited by Platschu; 11 August 2019, 07:45 AM.

Comment

SG1 - The battle over Antarctica

SG1 - Scenes from Heroes (Janet's death) and the aftermath.

Comment

Working...
                        X