Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what were the feminine version of System Lord called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what were the feminine version of System Lord called?

I know that the Goa'uld were known as System Lords, but not all of them consider themselves male such as Hathor and Bastet to name two Goa'uld females.
    Hello
    I like Daniel. Why is there not a simple heart emoji? I got a crush on Daniel. I think I always did.

Still System Lords. There may be Goa'uld queens but they reproduce A sexually with only a need of host DNA so that they might be compatible for implantation in that species. Otherwise Goa'uld have no gender in of themselves. Additionally it is not unlike Ancient Egypt where a ruler were always Pharaohs and any women who took the throne had to identify as that make honorific along with wearing the traditional Pharaoh beard.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Early kings referred to themselves using titles like Nisut-bity (pharaoh is retroactively applied to them), which basically means "He of the sedge and the bee." The sedge (a type of marsh plant) was used to represent Upper Egypt and the bee Lower Egypt, so this title references their rule over both of these parts of Egypt. There was a female version of this. It was "Nisut-bityt" (note the added t).

Hatshepsut was the first to rule "as a man," but she didn't start her reign that way. Depictions of her as a male began when she had herself crowned following seven years ruling as a regent. Inscriptions continued to refer to her as female, though. This created confusion when she was rediscovered in the 19th century as there were hieroglyphs referring to a female ruler whose statuary depicted a man. Maintaining tradition was important and it appears that she decided that to do this she would adopt the look of past rulers, but she was not attempting to fool anyone into thinking she was male as per her maintaining feminine versions of titles on her statues and her name itself which means "first among noblewomen."
      Last edited by Xaeden; 13 July 2019, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Osiris was a male god in Ancient Egypt but took a female host out of necessity in SG-1 -- they are just a-gendered as symbiotes but do take preference to what kind of host they want, as was displayed in Children of the Gods when Apophis' queen is given a choice in hostbody.

Who knows it might have liked the body of a male better than a female but not how the story went.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

A female System Lord could be "System Lady", but it wouldn't show power and dominance over the slaves. They even called themselves gods and not goddesses. It would be better to use the same title to all System Lord regardless of their hosts' gender.
          Last edited by Platschu; 25 February 2020, 12:04 PM.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'm reminded of ... and I'm watching Star Trek Voyager again ... the crew aboard voyager answering Captain Janeway's command's with "Aye Sir!"

Besides... System Lady sounds so wrong...

Apophis, by the way, refers to Amonet as his Queen.

Comment

Sister Lord? Or Systina Lord? Maybe System Lordess? System Lordina? No, please no.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

She would be a system lord, like any other. Osiris was a system lord, even in a female body
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

System Mistress...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    System Mistress...
                    Kinky...
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      Kinky...
                      Hathor would qualify immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        System Mistress...
                        It would fit into the Stargate : Chlamydia project what we have joked last time. The younger, edgier version of SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          It would fit into the Stargate : Chlamydia project what we have joked last time. The younger, edgier version of SG-1.
                          It would probably also no longer be the PG-13 version...

Comment

Fall into Goa'uld slavery would have a new meaning as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              Fall into Goa'uld slavery would have a new meaning as well...

We're never going to get out of the gutter now...

Comment

Working...
                              X