New show "Another Life" July 25th on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    The Zakirian alien in the cave wasn't wearing anything, I don't think. Although it didn't really register for me, it's a CGI alien--why would it conform to our conceptions of modesty?
    So it was about that alien. Unsure what impression I would've got for that birdy-alien if he was wearing sneakers and a white tank top but okay
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Katee Sackhoff tweeted that Another Life has been renewed for a second season.

Comment

Originally posted by gnoel809 View Post
        I know, I'm so excited! I liked the first season, it's a very interesting show in terms of mysteries and understanding their technological level.

Comment

Have to admit, I'm a little surprised that this got a season 2 pickup. While I found that the show improved so much in its second half that I'm happy that it did get renewed, I would not at all have been surprised to learn that a lot of people didn't watch that far and that the show was ending.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by gnoel809 View Post
            I'm glad to hear that. I hope they take this opportunity to improve the universe and bring more details to it in season 2 and put more thought into it.
            Last edited by knowles2; 03 November 2019, 04:37 AM.

Comment

So, I just got around to finishing this and it's probably the most horrible sci-fi show I've watched in a long time (I saw someone in this thread mention Nightflyers, and this is so much worse than that in my opinion). I really wanted to like it because of Katee Sackoff (and she was the best thing about this show), but I found it mostly horrible. There were a few characters that I found ok/interesting (Niko, Cas, William and Bernie), but a lot of it was mainly due to the actors actually being able to act (some are better than others) and not really because the characters were well developed or written in a coherent fashion. Zayne and the new guy they woke up towards the end of the season were bearable (but the actors are in need of more acting lessons and better dialog imo), but everyone else was absolutely horrible (including everyone on Earth).

Most of the "young crew" made the show feel like it was supposed to be a parody (at times I couldn't tell if the show was trying to be serious or not, I'm kind of still not sure). They seem to be a compilation of the worst millennial stereotypes imaginable. I wouldn't trust any of them to get my order right at McDonald's, never mind an important mission to space to meet an unknown alien race for the first time (one that could be a threat to earth). And they don't really get any better throughout the season, (one gets slightly better right before dying, but three of them actually get worse as the season goes on, and that one of them is pregnant after everyone was supposedly sterilized was just... Ugh. I'm hoping it's some kind of killer alien baby that takes out all three of them).

The main story with the aliens in the last 2 or 3 episodes got kind of interesting, so I might see how the second season goes, but really every character besides Niko, Cas, William, Bernie, Zayne, and Beacham(?), needs to die or get a personality transplant, or I probably won't make it through the second season.
              sigpic

Comment

Just finished watching season 2 of Another Life. More conflict with the Achaia and some other aliens. Some interesting stuff going on, they end the season where it could be either a good season or series finale if they don't get a season 3.

Comment

Unfortunately Netflix cancelled Another Life. Saw it on a couple of entertainment sites that quoted Katee's Twitter. While it wasn't the best show around, it was interesting and I would have watched season 3.

Comment

Working...
                  X