This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round Earthers and other progressions

Time to bring balance to the OT section, the Ying meets the Yang. This thread is for the decent human beings that believe the Earth is round and that our global situation isn't hopeless and progress can be made.

I'll begin with:

Tree planting 'has mind-blowing potential' to tackle climate crisis

The analysis found there are 1.7bn hectares of treeless land on which 1.2tn native tree saplings would naturally grow. That area is about 11% of all land and equivalent to the size of the US and China combined. Tropical areas could have 100% tree cover, while others would be more sparsely covered, meaning that on average about half the area would be under tree canopy.
    Billions of trees could absorb about 2/3 of the current CO2 levels. Great idea. I don't think anybody would object to having more trees in their surroundings?
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

You want to put hard working lumberjacks out of business? They have mouths to feed
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      You want to put hard working lumberjacks out of business? They have mouths to feed
      Jelgate Annoyed 2nd of his name, please note that lumberjack business would not stop nor necessarily slow down.

Lumberjacks can become planterjacks, and everybody's going to have a tree friend to hug when needed.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

LOL @ planterjacks

Also, in order to keep a forest healthy, lumberjacks will still be necessary to make sure all threes have an equal opportunity of growing up.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Balance?

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Balance?

What have you lost?
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              LOL @ planterjacks

Also, in order to keep a forest healthy, lumberjacks will still be necessary to make sure all threes have an equal opportunity of growing up.
              Ever hear "The Trees" By Rush?

That phrase "equal opportunity" always makes me nervous. Pay particular attention to the last lines of this.

There is unrest in the Forest
              There is trouble with the trees
              For the Maples want more sunlight
              And the Oaks ignore their pleas.

The trouble with the Maples
              (And they’re quite convinced they’re right)
              They say the Oaks are just too lofty
              And they grab up all the light
              But the Oaks can’t help their feelings
              If they like the way they’re made
              And they wonder why the Maples
              Can’t be happy in their shade?

There is trouble in the Forest
              And the creatures all have fled
              As the Maples scream ‘Oppression!’
              And the Oaks, just shake their heads

So the Maples formed a Union
              And demanded equal rights
              ‘The Oaks are just too greedy
              We will make them give us light’
              Now there’s no more Oak oppression
              For they passed a noble law
              And the trees are all kept equal
              By hatchet,
              Axe,
              And saw…

Comment

Everything
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Ever hear "The Trees" By Rush?

That phrase "equal opportunity" always makes me nervous. Pay particular attention to the last lines of this.
                  I have never, but clearly you've never heard of maintaining a forest.

There was no hidden message of "equality" or whatever in that post, just basic nature stuff.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Everything
                    Nice. +1 Unas point for you
                    Spoiler:

Comment

And what can I use these Unas points
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

You can call a Unas wildcard and force me to insult someone.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

You already do that for free
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

You can also buy Unas toenails, I'm afraid that's all you can redeem them for
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Then you must cross the one line I wont cross. Insult GF's children
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X