No announcement yet.

Gateway: The Official Stargate Convention ~ Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's five months away but I'm wondering if Creation will re-schedule or cancel the Gateway con. It's going to take a bit for me to be comfortable in a large group of people again, not to mention needing to travel.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm wondering the same thing. Trudeau has said no vaccines until Sept/Oct for Canadians, so I guess the border will be closed until then.

Comment

Creation has rescheduled quite a few cons as of late, including one that was at the start of June. I am guessing they will reschedule the Stargate con in the next couple of weeks. I know some areas are opening up and more of us (at least in the US) are able to be vaccinated, but I don't think big gatherings will be allowed for awhile.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't plan on attending althought I have a Saturday ticket. I'm travelling to Ohio in July to visit relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
            ... I am guessing they will reschedule the Stargate con in the next couple of weeks. I know some areas are opening up and more of us (at least in the US) are able to be vaccinated, but I don't think big gatherings will be allowed for awhile.
            I suspect you’re right.

Illinois is not likely to be allowing events that soon.

Fingers crossed anyway.

Comment

Just received email from Creation that this convention has been cancelled. Will be issuing refunds shortly.

Comment

I've received my refund.

Comment

Finally received my refund today.
                  sigpic

Comment

Now that Amazon has bought MGM, maybe Creation Entertainment will revive their Stargate conventions. Hopefully, Creation can get the license to hold official Stargate conventions.

Comment

Working...
                    X