Could a 4th wall character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could a 4th wall character

Could a fourth wall character work in Stargate? I mean imagine a new SG episode where one of the main character would comment about the story and the characters to viewers like Deadpool.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_wall
    Last edited by Platschu; 23 June 2019, 02:07 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

That's a good question really. I am not sure it would fit into Stargate so well unless the new thing had a more comic-like style

It would be odd for sure but maybe it needs odd to get back to its old glory

Comment

I believe it would ruin the seriousness of the show, if we could have such character. They have tried to force funny scenes with little imagination sketches (like in "200" or "Avenger 2,0"). If a character could talk to the audience it could ruin the moment while it could really add some weird humor factor.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I tried imagining SG-1 being involved in a crossover with a couple of other TV shows, even some non-English-speaking ones. While it would work character-wise, it woild involve either changing the characters from the other TV show(s) to the point of being completely different than on their own show(s) and the same would go for SG-1. It would completely ruin all of the TV shows. And while it might be great from a plot and a storyline perspective, I think bringing in characters from other shows should just be kept for the world of fan fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          I believe it would ruin the seriousness of the show, if we could have such character. They have tried to force funny scenes with little imagination sketches (like in "200" or "Avenger 2,0"). If a character could talk to the audience it could ruin the moment while it could really add some weird humor factor.
          Yes, though it might work for a single episode or two.

The thing about this is also you would have to come up with an explanation for why this is possible.

A thing I could think of as more possible would be an overall narrator who explains stuff maybe as like in the Grinch at some points. Even though also that would be a dare

Comment

I was not talking about cross-overs, rather such new SG character who could talk to the audience during a scene. I am not so sure if it would work. The only reason I was wondering about it as SG:U had this shy, hiding shooting style. What if a new SG show would operate a bit more open approach.

By the way.. Highlander and BattleStarGalactica couls have been integrated into the Stargate. Immortals could be a group of silent or modified or semi-ascended Goa'uld group, who feel each other presents, can maintain the life of a host without sarcophagus, but they also must behead each other (to cut the Goa'uld in the neck). BSG could have been based on Greek mythology / Goa'uld cross-over. Or the X-Files where Mulder will never reach SGC as the NID would really kill everyone... Asgard abductions... Or 24 where Jack Bauer works with our Jack O'Neill in Washington. Or if the White House could be the Westwing show. Or if any relic hunter / adventure shows who coud look after alien artifacts on Earth (like Eureka, Warehouse 51). Anything can happen in an AU / fan fiction.

Comment

Working...
            X