Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel of Time (Amazon TV series) -- news/speculation/discussion (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're just so ginormous. (plus weirdly, I've never read the Anne McCaffrey books so someone just sent me a boxful so I feel I ought to read those first...)

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Clanger View Post
      I've only read the first book and I really can't remember much about it except that it's an absolutely epic journey.

Is it worth pushing on with it, to get more background (like with Game of Thrones - I was glad I'd read the books before watching because otherwise I felt I'd miss a lot) or do you all think it will be OK just to watch and forget about the books (14 isn't it?)
      Just my own two cents worth. I read the books up to about 5; after that, it sorta began to feel that he was just dragging the story out to sell more books.. 6,7,8.. and so on.

Comment

Thanks. I may watch the series and based on that decide whether or not to continue with the books.

Comment

Daniel Henney is playing Lan on the Wheel of Time TV series. I think this could end up being a pretty good casting.

Also, the first picture of the primary cast together. Seeing them together really gels for me. Rand (knowing his true background) makes sense why he would stick out from the people who raised him.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          No sign of Thom though...

I've always kinda pictured him looking like Timothy Spall
          Last edited by Spimman; 13 September 2019, 10:12 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Principal photography begins today!

https://twitter.com/wotonprime/statu...558875649?s=21
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Michael McElhatton announced as Tam al’Thor

Announcement

His IMDb page
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

OK looks like a good fit for what is mostly a minor but cool character.

Can we get to who they are going to cast for Thom? I feel like he is important to get a good actor. He's really a very crucial character (in the books).

Important charatcers we meet in The Eye of the World (book)
                Padan Fain
                Elaida
                Morgaise
                Logain
                Galad
                Elyas
                Bornhald

Exciting to see this actually unfolding!

Thanks Digi!
                sigpic

Comment

I want to see who they will cast as Min
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Here is showrunner Rafe Judkins tweeting:
                    Starting the S2 writers’ room on Wheel of Time and the Czech builders didn’t fully grasp how many whiteboards are needed to break an entire season of television. Ha.
                    So, I guess that means that Season 2 is extremely likely (and that the production is happening in Czechia!)

Comment

Sorry, I totally missed the post about other casting...it's a good question isn't it? I think the most interesting one might be Padan Fain; I've always pictured him -- even when he's at his best -- as being wiry to the point of looking like he's about to starve to death, and all kinds of oily. I don't think he'd necessarily be right, but maybe someone along the lines of Cillian Murphy?

Comment

I would really like to see how they will portray the Seanchan if their is a S2. They have always given me some strange ideas
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Sorry, I totally missed the post about other casting...it's a good question isn't it? I think the most interesting one might be Padan Fain; I've always pictured him -- even when he's at his best -- as being wiry to the point of looking like he's about to starve to death, and all kinds of oily. I don't think he'd necessarily be right, but maybe someone along the lines of Cillian Murphy?
                          He has that look to him and could play the part.

Other actors could be Christopher Lee, Jason Isaacs, Malcom McDowell, Giancarlo Esposito (could play many roles)

How about Danny Trejo as Masema?

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I would really like to see how they will portray the Seanchan if their is a S2. They have always given me some strange ideas
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                            He has that look to him and could play the part.

Other actors could be Christopher Lee, Jason Isaacs, Malcom McDowell, Giancarlo Esposito (could play many roles)

How about Danny Trejo as Masema?
                            I foresee at least one problem

Comment

I foresee at least one problem
                              sigpic

Comment

More casting news

Alvaro Morte cast as Logain
                                Hammed Animashaun cast as Loial
                                Alexandre Willaume cast as Thom Merrilin
                                Johann Myers cast as Padan Fain

Seperate news and harder to find
                                Priyanka Bose cast as Alanna Mosvani