Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: STAR WARS Ep X

  1. #1
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Dec 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    120

    Default STAR WARS Ep X

    Star Wars Episode X, or just 'STAR WARS X' seems to be what the cool kids are saying

    anyhow, early leaks on potential casting for the new Trilogy

    DiCaprio and Reeves? Ugh, not really into it. DISNEY looking for eye candy to draw even more fans to the franchise

    I might be able to handle Reeves but could not take DiCaprio

    anyway:


  2. #2
    Second Lieutenant Who Knows's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    351

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    And the droids? Do we get our beloved R2D2 & C3PO again?

  3. #3
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    19,046

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    Yeah that guy is full of ****. Look at his video list -- every last one of them is "leak!" "shocking news!" "revealed!" "twist leaked!"

    I would not be surprised in the slightest if it turns out this guy is SuperShadow back up to his old stupid schtick.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  4. #4
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Dec 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    he does indeed put up a lot of content

    we'll just have to wait and see if any of his myths will have any basis in actual events

    but in case he is right---Reeves and DiCaprio, or anyone of that type of actor, would make me NOT want to go and see it. maybe stream it later, but not pay theatre prices

    if this is true, it would not be surprising though, given DISNEY's incessant manner of placing profit potential over quality/fan desires

    I mean, they gave us a female admiral (perfectly acceptable) in a ball gown (unacceptable),so...

  5. #5
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Dec 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    hey, here is one of many bits on this youtuber

    seems he got into a bunch of grief after trashing Rian Johnson (who did (or did not?) deserve it)

    http://starwarshub.net/2018/09/02/mi...ickbait-story/

  6. #6
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,129

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    Honestly I think DiCaprio would add some weight to a star wars film if it were to happen. I severely doubt it will but it'd be cool.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  7. #7
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    19,046

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    Some other examples of what would be considered ridiculous casting if the internet had existed/been as ubiquitous in 1977/80/83/99/02/05 as it is in 2019:

    Sir Alec Guinness (really? Lawrence of Arabia? RIDICULOUS!)
    Harrison Ford (ugh, the guy from American Graffiti? He only got the job because he knows Lucas!)
    Peter Cushing (oh great, a washed-up horror actor, he's going to be SO BAD!)
    Frank Oz (the guy from The Muppets? Star Wars = RUINED)
    Billy Dee Williams (wow the guy from the Colt 45 ads? Lucas is scraping the bottom of the barrel now!)
    Natalie Portman (a child actor who just turned 18? Pff Lucas is just catering to horny teenage boys!)
    Ewan McGregor (has-been who hasn't done anything since Trainspotting! Cheaping out on actors!)
    Samuel L Jackson (just looking for a big name to draw people in! Can't act without swearing!)


    Chill, dude. While the directing of actors has not always been great (hello there George Lucas), I am hard-pressed to think of any casting misfires in 10 live-action films or 200+ TV episodes.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  8. #8
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Dec 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Some other examples of what would be considered ridiculous casting if the internet had existed/been as ubiquitous in 1977/80/83/99/02/05 as it is in 2019:

    Sir Alec Guinness (really? Lawrence of Arabia? RIDICULOUS!)
    Harrison Ford (ugh, the guy from American Graffiti? He only got the job because he knows Lucas!)
    Peter Cushing (oh great, a washed-up horror actor, he's going to be SO BAD!)
    Frank Oz (the guy from The Muppets? Star Wars = RUINED)
    Billy Dee Williams (wow the guy from the Colt 45 ads? Lucas is scraping the bottom of the barrel now!)
    Natalie Portman (a child actor who just turned 18? Pff Lucas is just catering to horny teenage boys!)
    Ewan McGregor (has-been who hasn't done anything since Trainspotting! Cheaping out on actors!)
    Samuel L Jackson (just looking for a big name to draw people in! Can't act without swearing!)


    Chill, dude. While the directing of actors has not always been great (hello there George Lucas), I am hard-pressed to think of any casting misfires in 10 live-action films or 200+ TV episodes.
    when you list those names are you really putting reeves and dicaprio on the same level of quality as the great actors you listed?

    i'd put them at about the same as Ford was in 1977. just some eye candy, low talent individuals. if casted, would be done just to attract the now, non SW's fans. mainly, women.

  9. #9
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,414

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    Quote Originally Posted by magi877 View Post
    when you list those names are you really putting reeves and dicaprio on the same level of quality as the great actors you listed?

    i'd put them at about the same as Ford was in 1977. just some eye candy, low talent individuals. if casted, would be done just to attract the now, non SW's fans. mainly, women.
    Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner. If this turns out to be true, it is nothing but a blatant attempt to put more female eyeballs in the seats.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  10. #10
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    19,046

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    I don't even know what "Reeves" we're talking about here tbh. I refuse to give purveyors of misinformation the clicks they so desperately crave (not to mention, monetize), so I didn't watch the video.

    I also don't even know what 'problem' you're trying to convey here. It's not exactly a big secret that movie stars tend to be attractive, or that sex sells. That's how this industry (and many others) work. Star Wars-specifically: Han was the "bad boy" that women love, Leia didn't wear bras in ANH (to say nothing of the gold bikini), Oscar Isaac is Latin male sex appeal, Daisy Ridley is impossibly cute girl-next-door-with-an-accent, etc etc etc. With a handful of exceptions ('elder statesman' actors, comedians), that's pretty much how movie casting always works.

    (Not that any of this matters much anyway, given that the "source" is an obvious fraud)
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  11. #11
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,129

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    Quote Originally Posted by magi877 View Post
    when you list those names are you really putting reeves and dicaprio on the same level of quality as the great actors you listed?

    i'd put them at about the same as Ford was in 1977. just some eye candy, low talent individuals. if casted, would be done just to attract the now, non SW's fans. mainly, women.
    Honestly if you think DiCaprio is low talent then I think you probably haven't seen any of his movies. He's awesome in almost everything he does. Sure he was cast as the quintessential pretty boy in the 90's but over recent years... Inception, Django Unchained, Wolf of Wall street, Shutter Island. He has done some great stuff. Actually I kinda wish he'd been Anakin in the prequels cos he might gave been able to salvage some of George's dialogue.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  12. #12
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,129

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I don't even know what "Reeves" we're talking about here tbh. I refuse to give purveyors of misinformation the clicks they so desperately crave (not to mention, monetize), so I didn't watch the video.

    I also don't even know what 'problem' you're trying to convey here. It's not exactly a big secret that movie stars tend to be attractive, or that sex sells. That's how this industry (and many others) work. Star Wars-specifically: Han was the "bad boy" that women love, Leia didn't wear bras in ANH (to say nothing of the gold bikini), Oscar Isaac is Latin male sex appeal, Daisy Ridley is impossibly cute girl-next-door-with-an-accent, etc etc etc. With a handful of exceptions ('elder statesman' actors, comedians), that's pretty much how movie casting always works.

    (Not that any of this matters much anyway, given that the "source" is an obvious fraud)
    I haven't looked either but I'm assuming he means Keanu Reeves, who again is an awesome actor. He doesn't have the greatest range. I'm not sure he has a very emotive voice or face, but he certainly throws himself into his roles. You only need to see some of the behind the scenes stuff for Matrix and John Wick to see that.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  13. #13
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    19,046

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Honestly if you think DiCaprio is low talent then I think you probably haven't seen any of his movies. He's awesome in almost everything he does. Sure he was cast as the quintessential pretty boy in the 90's but over recent years... Inception, Django Unchained, Wolf of Wall street, Shutter Island. He has done some great stuff. Actually I kinda wish he'd been Anakin in the prequels cos he might gave been able to salvage some of George's dialogue.
    Agree on DiCaprio's talent, but I don't know that he could have saved George's dialogue/direction. Hayden Christensen isn't a bad actor (he was phenomenal in Life as a House), but all the acting talent in the world can't save bad dialogue x bad directing.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  14. #14
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,129

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Agree on DiCaprio's talent, but I don't know that he could have saved George's dialogue/direction. Hayden Christensen isn't a bad actor (he was phenomenal in Life as a House), but all the acting talent in the world can't save bad dialogue x bad directing.
    True however DiCaprio is also known to do improv in his roles (his more recent ones anyway) which is part of why Ford's depiction of Solo ended up so good despite the writing and direction in ANH so you never know. Agree it's a long shot though. And I agree, I like Christensen too but I've always maintained he was a bad choice for Anakin.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  15. #15
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,061

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    I could see Keanu as a gunslinger type and DiCaprio could handle pretty much anything

  16. #16
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Dec 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I don't even know what "Reeves" we're talking about here tbh. I refuse to give purveyors of misinformation the clicks they so desperately crave (not to mention, monetize), so I didn't watch the video.

    I also don't even know what 'problem' you're trying to convey here. It's not exactly a big secret that movie stars tend to be attractive, or that sex sells. That's how this industry (and many others) work. Star Wars-specifically: Han was the "bad boy" that women love, Leia didn't wear bras in ANH (to say nothing of the gold bikini), Oscar Isaac is Latin male sex appeal, Daisy Ridley is impossibly cute girl-next-door-with-an-accent, etc etc etc. With a handful of exceptions ('elder statesman' actors, comedians), that's pretty much how movie casting always works.

    (Not that any of this matters much anyway, given that the "source" is an obvious fraud)
    Keanu dude......

  17. #17
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    19,046

    Default Re: STAR WARS Ep X

    Ahhh, got it.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: June 25th, 2018, 10:40 PM
  2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Three Thread.
    By Lt.Colonel John Sheppard in forum Star Wars
    Replies: 504
    Last Post: April 25th, 2011, 12:38 PM
  3. Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 2 Release Info
    By DigiFluid in forum Star Wars
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 26th, 2010, 11:09 PM
  4. Replies: 54
    Last Post: May 30th, 2010, 05:52 PM
  5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 1 press release
    By DigiFluid in forum Star Wars
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 18th, 2009, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •