Stargate: Phoenix ~ Tabletop RPG by Wyvern Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Oh, I love testing new systems... computersystems but the same... how far can I go before the system crashes.
    Then you are more ahead on the curve than you think.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Those who are saying they'd have no-one local to play with, it's going to be really easy to setup your own playgroups online through Discord and etc. It's not going to be a problem. I imagine that's how I'm going to play this one.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Then you are more ahead on the curve than you think.
        True fact: I'm always a little disappointed when the system is without faults or I'm unable to break it.

Probably didn't try hard enough.

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
        Those who are saying they'd have no-one local to play with, it's going to be really easy to setup your own playgroups online through Discord and etc. It's not going to be a problem. I imagine that's how I'm going to play this one.
        A Gateworld group... perhaps...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Finding a group isn't really a problem. It's getting together regularly, and getting used to each other, that may be difficult. Especially for me.

That said, I have an RP server originally set up with a couple of people to roleplay in a collaborative world. It has been quiet over there, so I could repurpose the server to include multiple games, starting with Stargate. Then people can join if they're interested, and see if they want to play. I personally have enough material to spare for many Stargate adventures, and various tools to organize it. I also have a VTT* that doesn't require anyone other than me to pay for it, I just need to implement the Stargate system (but D&D 5e is already in there, so the basics work).

*A VTT (Virtual TableTop) is a tool that makes online roleplaying as if you're sitting around a table, and provides tools to simplify many things, such as keeping track of all the statistics. I'm using Foundry VTT, which is self-hosted and requires only the person hosting the server to pay for it. But it's still in Beta and doesn't have a lot of systems implemented. Thankfully, I'm a programmer and I'm already busy with implementing Star Trek Adventures, so Stargate is no problem.

Comment

Ah, well that's a whole other problem. I struggle with people early on as well, and tend to stick to the online social groups I know. Or if there's someone in them I know, I'm alright.

A VTT is going to be better. I don't think the traditional old fashioned RP forums/servers are going to be the best platform for something like this. We've been using Roll20 for the Alien stuff we've run online and it's going well enough. But we're switching to rolling in person (it's just more fun!) rather than the rolling facilities online.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              Ah, well that's a whole other problem. I struggle with people early on as well, and tend to stick to the online social groups I know. Or if there's someone in them I know, I'm alright.

A VTT is going to be better. I don't think the traditional old fashioned RP forums/servers are going to be the best platform for something like this. We've been using Roll20 for the Alien stuff we've run online and it's going well enough. But we're switching to rolling in person (it's just more fun!) rather than the rolling facilities online.
              I also prefer physical dice. Dice rollers are nice if you need to roll larger dice pools and don't want to spend too much time rolling them all and calculating the results. For Foundry I'll be coding a mod that intercepts any dice roll and opens up a dialog where you can enter the results of physical dice rolls. So you still have all the benefits of a dice roller, but use physical dice rather than the random number generator.

Comment

So as I mentioned three posts up, I have an RP server that I intended to use with a couple of people to try something. It's relatively quiet there, so I was thinking about reorganizing the server to focus on more RPGs that I'd like to play with a group. This would add Stargate, Star Trek, and perhaps D&D 5e. If any would-be roleplayers are interested to join me, feel free to ask and I will start renovating and send out invities.

I'll post this on the Stargate RPG forum as well.

Comment

I'd love to learn...

Comment

Discord invite has been added to my signature. Please bear in mind that it's all still under construction, so not everything may be working 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                      Discord invite has been added to my signature. Please bear in mind that it's all still under construction, so not everything may be working 100%.
                      Must install Discord again first.
                      To say, must install it on my other tablet/PC (and the PC I still have to buy one of these days and keep postponing for unknown reasons).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Must install Discord again first.
                        To say, must install it on my other tablet/PC (and the PC I still have to buy one of these days and keep postponing for unknown reasons).
                        Discord also runs in the browser. No need to install the app per se.

Comment

Article/interview on geeknative.com

Why pick D&D for the Stargate RPG? An interview with Wyvern Gaming

Comment

Sounds cool. Too bad I won't have a play group...

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                              Sounds cool. Too bad I won't have a play group...
                              Not many of us have one... I think when the time comes we should definitely try to create a Gateworld group...

Comment

I would definitely be onboard for that. I'm sure I'll buy it just because that's what I do...lol

Comment

Working...
                                X