No announcement yet.

Stargate: Phoenix ~ Tabletop RPG by Wyvern Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, it's been a while since I mostly ignored all of this, because... you know... But I'd like to point out in relation to Kickstarter that delays are inevitable, whether anticipated or not. I backed two projects last year, Pixel Dice (which are electronic dice to use for virtual tabletops or other computer software), and Avatar Legends (an RPG based on the Avatar (Aang/Korra) animated series). Both have been delayed by a stretch. The dice because of chip shortages, and Avatar due to the large volume of books to be printed (in China) and the more recent new lockdowns they had there that closed the printing companies.

That said though, like good Kickstarter projects, they communicate these things at least once a month with a status update (also by e-mail to backers), even if there's not much to report. Avatar also released its PDFs once they had final approval from Paramount, and kept them updated all throughout. They were funded in September, and we just received the update that the books are starting to be printed this month. At that point, backers get them when they're ready, wherever they live; no US vs EU crap, because they ship directly.

As for the Stargate RPG, I think the reason why it started to show up more in stores is because since early June it has a third-party publisher, Modiphius Entertainment. Aside from making their own in-house RPGs (such as Star Trek Adventures), they also publish others, mainly for the UK market, but also extending to the EU and US. Ironically, it's their own RPG system (2d20) that I intended to use to homebrew a Stargate game after I was sorely disappointed in this one.

But I can't speak for Wyvern, because I never backed it, but I did join their official site and forum to provide feedback in the early days, which, I guess, turned out to be a waste of time and effort. I only read the last Alpha version before things got locked down, so I can't speak to what has changed.

Comment

I've received the book and other things I ordered with it a few weeks ago.
      So in the end, after almost a year, the goods finally arrived.

Anyways, it's already disappeared in between other books in my bookcase. I'll see if I ever get around to it. For now, it's Magic the Gathering here.

Comment

if i ever get a copy i may browse the book and possible homebrew a campaign instead of going off the "episodes" theyve released so far

Comment

I've never played a table top RPG so I wouldn't have the first clue where to start... Heck, I don't even have peeps to play "it" with so not gonna bother with it.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
          X