No announcement yet.

Stargate: Phoenix ~ Tabletop RPG by Wyvern Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old the Tok'ra are, or the amount of knowledge and experience they have, have no bearing on the in-game "experience" (XP/level). A character's level, especially in D&D, determines how powerful a character is. And a Tok'ra in essence is no more powerful then any other character on the show. They would just have additional stats that relate to their longevity and knowledge.

The differences between host and symbiote should also make very little difference gameplay-wise. Basically, I feel the character as a whole would have the base stats of the host (according to species and such) with some influence from being "blended" (like increase Constitution because injuries heal faster, and immunity or resistance to poison and such). Other than that, things such as knowledge and experience are shared. What the symbiote knows, the host knows, and what the host knows, the symbiote knows. The rest, such as personality, is just roleplaying by the player.

Comment

What I have meant that all Tok'Ra are from the same Queen, so they must be roughly the same age as well. That is the reason it was ods when redshirt Tok'Ra charavters were killed so easily on SG-1 as all of them must have been wise and experienced. But anyway it can be fun as the player switches between the two personalities at the table during play.

I will be interested how they explain the language skill of the Unas race since Chaka is the only one who could talk English. Maybe they should introduce some new Unas tribes (like civilzed Unas who were house trained as slaves or a smaller Goa'uld who only had Unases (that is the plural word in english?) as Jaffas or as a host. So even a character could be an ex-Goa'uld host or who knows? Maybe a Tok'Ra/Unas. It wouldn't be impossible. ????

It would be nice if a projector above the desk or some kind of digital display board could be used during the game, but I am just dreaming. I am wondering if they will sell the basic maketts (like the gate, the character figures, obstacles) with the rulebook or it will be an ad-on or everyone will use homemade one. Maybe they will ad later Atlantis or Universe expansions too.

And somehow I still have a bad feeling that if this project so strongly depends on money as kickstarter then what if they can't collect enough money? Maybe I am a bit sceptical after so much disappointment in the Stargatw franchise.

Hopefully Brad will show up again and tell us more details where are they standing. GateGabber just have mentioned on FB that she is in the tester team.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Regardless of what happens, I'll be going all-digital, probably even use 3D assets (2D rendered) for maps. And regardless of whether the Kickstarter will be successful, I'll eventually be playing a Stargate game anyway. Whether or not I'll back the game heavily depends on what they will reveal to us (based on what is currently known, I'm skeptical). If it's not this game, I will homebrew it using Star Trek Adventures.

Either way, I will play a Stargate RPG.

Comment

You are confident. : Goa'uld influence detected :

We will see how this new rpg will work, but as I have said I am more interested in the tiny little fan fictions or chapters which expand the existing lore.

I will be also interested if the stargate is such a key element at arrival and leaving of the adventure module's location, the how can they avoid that this part is getting boring. I mean all the first contacts / fights/escapes will happen near the gate, which will narrow the potential routes.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
            Regardless of what happens, I'll be going all-digital, probably even use 3D assets (2D rendered) for maps.
            A colleague of mine has a flatscreen TV converted to display maps while playing RPG, and he has downloaded this soundfile package which contains special effects sounds. He's the kind of dad every little kid wants to have to learn how to play RPG.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              A colleague of mine has a flatscreen TV converted to display maps while playing RPG, and he has downloaded this soundfile package which contains special effects sounds. He's the kind of dad every little kid wants to have to learn how to play RPG.
              I've got some software lined up to make maps (for more than just Stargate) and to help with playing (like a virtual tabletop). I've also got my own library of sound effects and music, much of which is from Stargate, Star Trek, Star Wars, and old-school sound effects frequently used in 60s shows (like Thunderbirds).

Comment

Will all Jaffas be humans as well? Or will they introduce some new rare alien race? It could be interesting to see a few new host races as well as it would make the backstory of the Goa'uld deeper like hosts between the first Unas and the current humans. What about Ra's host?

Comment

https://www.modiphius.com/elder-scrolls.html

These figures looks nice. I wish we could get something similar to the Stargate : Phoenix as well. But then the people would moan about the size as it would be smaller than the action figures.

But I am sure fans will make more 3d printable SG figures for the SG game anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    But I am sure fans will make more 3d printable SG figures for the SG game anyway.
                    Has to happen first... February has come and gone, and no news on that kickstarter that they were planning for February 2020, which is (ancient) history 1 minute from now (local time for me).

Comment

They already mentioned they delayed information about the Kickstarter to this month. They're just not so community-driven as I think they should as it's buried on their forums.

And highly likely no miniatures, that would be very, very expensive, so perhaps reserved for much higher stretch goals on the KS if it happens at all. Also, miniatures for RPGs cannot be compared to action figures as they have completely different and unrelated uses. One being designed to have a specific size to work with map grids and to represent the character on the table, the other being children's toys. And not that you'd need miniatures anyway, they're just flavor and only really useful if you also go through the trouble of using maps.

Comment

Stargate RPG Update - Public Playtest / Gen Con

We have been very hard at work on the development of the Stargate RPG. The closed beta playtest has now been going on since October and the feedback has been phenomenal! There have been many iterations of the core rulebook put through its paces by hundreds of people.
                        With that said, we have two very exciting announcements about the Stargate RPG!

Public Beta Playtest is now available! We had an overwhelming response to our first round of private playtest, so much so we had to turn people away. Well in this round, no one is turned away. If you are interested in helping make us make a great Stargate game we would love to have your help.

We want you, the fans, to help us on this journey to create the best possible Stargate game ever produced. The Public Beta Playtest process is about collaborating with you, the fans. It is a game for you, and it should have input from you!

To sign up, head over to https://stargateTheRPG.com > Click Play > Gaming Groups > Public Beta Playtest Group > Join Group

From there you will get further instructions on how to participate. We look forward to working with you!

We need Gatemasters (GMs) for Gen Con 2020! This August, the "Stargate: Phoenix -- A Living RPG Series" will be officially launched and we need your help. We're looking for about 30 GMs to run a minimum of 3 episodes. In exchange for running games, we'll provide for FREE the following:
                        Run 3 Episodes = 4-day pass into the Gen Con 2020 + Exclusive Stargate Phoenix Gold Pin.
                        Run 4 Episodes = All Above + Stargate Phoenix Arm Patch
                        Run 5 Episodes or more = All Above + the Stargate RPG Core Rulebook

To Sign up, send us an email at [email protected] with the subject line "Gen Con GM Sign Up"
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Thanks for the update, guys At least this project is still alive.

Comment

Thanks for the update, guys At least this project is still alive.
                            It's alive, ALIVE ! (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)
                            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

??? Have I said something wrong?

Comment

??? Have I said something wrong?
                                You don't recognize the Frankenstein reference...

Comment

Working...
                                X