Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Stargate Tabletop RPG by Wyvern Gaming

I saw that horrid Aliens movie the other day (Prometheus) and recognized some of the Esher pictures I used to have on my walls as a kid
    You would have loved my bedroom back then FH.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but based on the announcement, it seems MGM is going the Disney route and make everything automatically canon. So whatever "storyline"/campaign setting the RPG will have will be canon. Which is weird for two reasons:

1) For the same reason as the novels, comics, old RPG, Origins, there will inevitably be many contradictions that makes one or the other non-canon (unless explicitly stating it's an "alternate universe")

2) It's a friggin' RPG. No single game will be the same. At most an RPG provides a default setting, as it should. But there are no stories because that is what a GM and players will create for themselves. How can a non-existent story become canon? They can say Stargate Phoenix exists in the main universe, but that's about it (and up to the writers of any hypothetically new series, not the RPG designers), what else can there be done to make the entire RPG "canon"?

On the other hand, I think by "making it canon" it's probably along the lines of making sure the RPG itself is properly set in the Stargate universe, rather than the other way around.
    Stargatepedia: The Unofficial Repository of Knowledge
    (Under construction, PM if you want to contribute)

The Multiverse - Discord server dedicated to (Tabletop) Roleplaying, primarily Stargate, Star Trek, and a collaborative world.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

It will basically be a collision of multi-universes. Great! As if timelines need even more wibbly-wobbly stuff... oh wait, that's only in Doctor Who the case.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

First Lieutenant

Pretty informative podcast. Definitely worth a listen.

Spoiler:
    the rpg is set in season 6, after the episode alliances. The phoenix base name represents the different groups (una's, Jaffa, humans from other words) rising up against the goa'uld. Supposed to have an explanation as to why you don't see this during the show or meet the new race too. New race was saved by the nox at one point and now dresses and acts like them.

I am looking forward to at least reading the material when it comes out

I just wanted to moan about this project as I have gone to their official forum, but there were hardly any new comments there. So I don't know where they communicate or test or maybe I am just a tiny little Goa'uld who is even blind in his human host, but I couldn't see any news.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Twitter and their test forums are closed to testers only.

There was a call for those a while back. I think they were going to start the kickstarter-thingy at the start of February.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Insolence.

This canon thingnis interesting. Since there is no official live action continuation from MGM, then every novel, comic and this new RPG should be considered as canon? It is a bit wild, but as long as the lore won't get controversial I could live with it.