Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Default Re: Stargate: Phoenix ~ Tabletop RPG by Wyvern Gaming

Would you look at that... they added an extra tier -- 210$ Gamer's Bundle which includes everything except for the miniatures if those get unlocked.

Now I understand it's better to wait a while to make a pledge to a project and see what else gets shaken loose from the reward-pile.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

I believe nothing is worth of 210 dollars as you can buy complete tv show boxes for that amount of money or pay the Netflix for months. I have also decided to pay 90$ for the special edition of the rule book as I wanted to support this project on day 1 and amount of momey has also felt too expensive. But since I haven't gone anywhere because of the covid, I have decided to pay for it.

A friend of mine has backed stuff on Kickstarter and gave me an estimate on the shipping costs.

On that notion, it would be too expensive to go with the books, so I'll probably stick to a PDF-file and the dice set. It's not like I will ever play this game anyways.

But I'm gonna hold off on backing until the end -- and see what else comes up.
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

It was nice to see the actors, but I believe 4 experienced players would have been enough as they would have more time to shine. Only David Blue and David Hewlett were bothered to act a little. It would have been nice to introduce the characters a bit deeper like telling the name, the class and the background. New chat participitants were all expecting their SG roles.

I liked the maps as it was visually convincing, but I also had a feeling how old style is this type of RPG. I mean the new generation have FPS and MMORPG games, so maybe a traditional tabletop RPG won't be interesting for them. I have a bad feeling that some people will be disappointed as they have backed this project without knowing what it is. It clearly shows how much people love this franchise. I hope MGM will realize how much people wants a computer game too.

From the comments of backers to the project, I don't think there are many who think this is anything but a tabletop role play game.

A few comments on twitter were of a different nature, but overall, I think most people seem to get it that it isn't a video game.

Okay, good to hear. I hope they will provide printable maps to every mission as it would make the game easier. I wouldn't mind even 2d printable enemies (like Jaffas), objects, trees what could be placed on the map.

Alexis Cruz was lovely how he was reading and commenting the chat during playing.

And I have to mention how diappointing was Rainbow's behaviour. He has looked drunk really quickly and he seemed generally not interested in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    I hope they will provide printable maps to every mission as it would make the game easier.
    Doesn't seem to be the case. Seen that question in the comments.
    Maybe they've changed their mind, but I don't think it will be provided.

I wouldn't mind even 2d printable enemies (like Jaffas), objects, trees what could be placed on the map.
    I think you're gonna have to find those images yourself too.

I mean they can make two-sided drawings which can be printed or cut out then those could be placed on the maps (ememies, allies, trees, weapons, building or any other module related things). So I hope they will support the community this way with 2D art stuffs if it is needed at all.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

I mean they can make two-sided drawings which can be printed or cut out then those could be placed on the maps (ememies, allies, trees, weapons, building or any other module related things). So I hope they will support the community this way with 2D art stuffs if it is needed at all.
    If they did that you would be looking at "boxed modules" as opposed to books. They can work, but they do drive up the cost of things.

Me personally, I'm not a fan of such things in RPG's, they fall more in the category Table top wargames or skirmish games like Mordheim, Necromunda or Malifaux. Don't get me wrong, I love those games as well but they are just -different-.. For RPG's, give me theater of the mind any day.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

The introduction of the Aturen (the Nox type new healer racs) still feels a bit forced. SGC has always lost the sarcophagus technology, so it would be a bit unlogical why the Aturen wouldn't help them in the live show.

One of unlockable objects are the tiles of the Phoenix base. So they are planning to give out such things. I am happy they have reached all their goals, just I hope the quality will prove itself over quantity. The expectations are really high.

"Well, here we are. We only have hours left until the end of the Kickstarter campaign for Stargate SG-1 Roleplaying Game. It has been an awesome ride so far. The final hours should prove to be very exciting.

This week we unlocked three Stretch Goals! Instead of just listing those, here is a complete list of everything that has been unlocked.

Determination Point Chips - physical poker-style chips for wagering in plot encounters.
    Season Pass Living RPG Series - 13, 3-hour "episodes" for a discounted price.
    Phoenix Site Patch - role play your character with this physical sew-on patch.
    New Content in Setting Chapter - we're adding new content to the book for free.
    Gatemaster Screen - physical 3-panel GM screen to roll your dice behind.
    Digital Online Character Sheet - a free game-aid to help you build your character.
    Phoenix Site Side-Mission 1 - a free "episode" for those that purchase the physical book.
    Custom Stargate Dice - physical dice set for your rolling pleasure.
    Phoenix Site Map Tiles - digital maps of the Phoenix Site base and the nearby town of Haven.
    Digital STL Miniatures (Iconic characters) - 7 digital miniature files suitable for 3D printing.
    Phoenix Site Side-Mission 2 - a free "episode" for those that purchase the physical book.
    Digital STL Miniatures (stargate and DHD) - the gate and DHD digital files suitable for 3D printing.
    Item Cards - physical deck of cards with items and their stats
    Digital STL Miniatures (Jaffa Wolfguard) - 6 Jaffa & 1 System Lord digital miniature files suitable for 3D printing."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...leplaying-game

I like the idea of the printable figures, gate and dhd. I can't wait to hear about the Avesguard and Felguard too.

The Wolfguard is serving the Goa'uld Wepwawet. Here you can read about the mythological background :
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wepwawet

I am just guessing whether the Felguard means Feline guard. So do they serve Bastet?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastet
    They wanted to introduce them in Stargate : Worlds too.
    https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...targate-Worlds
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120303014451

While the Aveguard is tricky as any bird could be chosen from the mythology. The best choice would be Thoth (and the Ibis Guard), but he has served Anubis in the Stargate lore and he was not showing up until season 7. Maybe they will choose a minor god like Bennu :
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bennu

I like mythology so I hope we get more stuffs in the adventures.

Of all the Egyptian gods they could choose, Bastet and Thoth just seem wrong.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

We will see who they will choose. Those were only my guesses. Wepwawet was directly mentioned in a previous kickstarter email. Probably the newly introduced Goa'uld will be killed off at the end of the campaign.

I have spent 90 dollars on this project, while the full and best pack would have cost 210 dollars. This new bundle sounds really greedy to be honest. Even these 90 dollars are way too expensive for a special edition book, but I have said okay, I will support it in spite of my doubts.

Zero dollars cause I forgot... I've had real life fish to fry which means I also forgot to fill a subscription for my ADD medication so yeah... kickstarter didn't even cross my mind again.

However, doesn't mean I wouldn't be up for a game round at some point... you know, the Stargate RPG for Dummies round.

I backed the $60 level, but once the pledge manager comes around I'll probably throw a bunch more money at it.

I'm glad to see this did so well. Absolutely smashed that goal and those stretch goals. Hopefully the actual support for the game from company and fanbase continues.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

First Lieutenant

I hope the quality of the rpg will deseve trust, love and support of the SG fandom. This success can be a sign how much people want more Stargate.

I don't know what are the plans for later, but I hope they will consider "canon" the names about season 1-3 events what the AEG RPG has established. They have said there will be a chapter about season 1-6 summary in the Phoenix rulebook. Maybe they should consider a season guide for later where every episode would have a detailed summary with potential story, location and NPC ideas which could be revisited or continued in Phoenix stories.

It is nice they have made 3 different 3d printable packs of Jaffa guards. I hope they will create more (like kull warriors, Tok'Ra tunnels, Tok'Ra warriors , Replicators, Jaffa guards of Apophis, Baal, Yu, Anubis etc., monsters pack).

It would be also nice to create traditional 2d printable maps, tiles, objects to support the "episodes".

Quote Originally Posted by lightsyder View Post
    Ah... thanks for the tip. I can still chip in today then.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Ah... thanks for the tip. I can still chip in today then.
    No problem!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617