Stargate: Phoenix ~ Tabletop RPG by Wyvern Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...n-online-2020/

It looks like the RPG is called now as Stargate SG-1 : Phoenix.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...-stargate-rpg/

Hopefully we will get plenty of new informations.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Bunch of videos from SDCC@Home on Wyvern's YT. Not watched them yet though. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8...it2bbHw/videos
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

DH is playing the Stargate tabletop RPG right now, so here's the YouTube live stream video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veFnle9VYxw

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Any news? I have expected a little more information after last weekend.

Comment

Their forums have been changed, adding subforums about the living series and other elements from the game, like the classes.

Also, the game is still called Stargate The Roleplaying Game, while the living campaign/series is called Stargate: Phoenix. GateWorld's article was incorrect on that part. Though I feel the RPG should also be renamed to Stargate: Phoenix, in order to avoid confusion.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I was expecting that this Brad will also come back and promote it, but maybe we have scarred him away.

Comment

Maybe they want to wait until they can get the kickstarters going to promote it properly.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'll leave this here:

https://twitter.com/WyvrenGaming/sta...457306112?s=20

I only saw it since GW retweeted it.

Comment

Probably they will put a news out on GW later.

I like the logo, but it is a bit similar to the MACUSA from the Fantastic Beast franchise (Harry Potter spinoff).
                      https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...A_Insignia.png
                      https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/...tes_of_America

Comment

Well, it's a Phoenix

Comment

Yes, you are right. A common hawk or eagle would be too boring and boring patriot, so they had to choose a phoenix. Just the open wings, the sparks and especiall the head look similar on both logo.

Comment

It's a Phoenix because that's what the game is about: Stargate: Phoenix.

Which reinforces my concern for it and that they should've just called it Stargate: Phoenix the Roleplaying Game, and not the Stargate Roleplaying Game.

Comment

I know. We will see whether the kickstarter will be effective to collect enough money.

(I believe they have chosen it for the MACUSA as a referral to Dumbledore why it is also an American symbol.)

Comment

Off-topic, but having read up on it, the MACUSA logo is meant to be based on the Seal of the President of the United States, with the bald eagle, despite the image being unmistakably the typical image of a Phoenix (if you Google "Phoenix", most of the images show it), even including flames. In fact, the MACUSA logo also bears an uncanny resemblance to the classic SHIELD logo, which does show the typical American bald eagle symbol

In the case of the RPG setting, the logo is obviously meant to be the Phoenix Base equivalent of the SGC logo (and probably also supposed to represent the patch on the uniforms, probably replacing the typical SG team designation patch)

Comment

Working...
                                X