Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://stargatetherpg.com/news/pres...arter-date-r7/

Comment

The Kickstarter page is now live -- for anyone interested.

I don't play table top games cause there's simply no one to play with, but maybe I'll chip in to get the rulebook -- the limited edition one perhaps.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

October 18 (Sunday)
        Stargate SG-1 RPG Game Play
        Featuring: David Hewlett, Alexis Cruz, Rainbow Sun Francks, Simone Bailly, David Blue, and Julie McNiven
        LIVE @ 2pm PT / 5pm ET
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'm saving up for other things that are more important right now, and there's absolutely nothing appealing about this RPG anymore. I took a look at the KS page and nothing has changed, so I will pass. But I'm not going to waste more of my own and other people's time, nor causing any problems here by further criticizing the game, it's not going to do anyone good and I've provided as much feedback as I could.

And I've found a suitable game system for my homebrew game, called Cortex Prime.

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
            I'm saving up for other things that are more important right now, and there's absolutely nothing appealing about this RPG anymore. I took a look at the KS page and nothing has changed, so I will pass. But I'm not going to waste more of my own and other people's time, nor causing any problems here by further criticizing the game, it's not going to do anyone good and I've provided as much feedback as I could.
            I'm thinking about it, but there are indeed other things I have to think about.

I just bought a house and I have a bedroom to decorate (and other rooms) and an attick to interior design (my future game lounge).

Comment

The $10 just for the PDF is pretty damn good IMHO. I've backed the $60 level (really not a fan of the special edition). Happy to help support it, looking forward to getting to play since I know my GM is interested. Glad to see it doing so well already though. 4/5s of the goal already met.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Their initial goal was met. They've just passed 40K.

Comment

Ah... apparently you can't back a project if you're not a member of Kickstarter. That's a bit shameful.

Comment

I have also ordered my own. This is the first time I have supported anything on Kickstarter like a little treat in this silly Covid era. I have even put a Hungarian news on our website and in our FaceBook group. Then I have got an extra email that I can get the Phoenix logo patch for uniforms for additional 5 dollars and some dice sets for 25 dollars. So now thank you, I haven't ordered those.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

If you NEED a kickstarter to make a game, chances are the game is not that good.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        If you NEED a kickstarter to make a game, chances are the game is not that good.
                        That's the thing. They don't need it, they say so in the brief. They also don't really have that high of a goal. Besides, plenty of successful games have been crowdfunded, whether board, roleplaying, or video. Out of all of the campaigns perhaps not many, relatively speaking, but still plenty in total.

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...under-4-hours/

They have made a new video too :
                          https://youtu.be/9-_R5aeMJVg

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                            That's the thing. They don't need it, they say so in the brief. They also don't really have that high of a goal. Besides, plenty of successful games have been crowdfunded, whether board, roleplaying, or video. Out of all of the campaigns perhaps not many, relatively speaking, but still plenty in total.
                            Hence the emphasis on the word NEED dude
                            I think crowdfunding is better suited to expansions and such so you already have a fanbase built in so to speak who has faith in the system. Yes SG has a fanbase, but based on the time I have spent here, not alot of them are gamers, at least in a RPG sense.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

In general, my experience is that the fandom doesn't seem to have much interest in anything other than the TV shows. Comics, novels, games, never really seem to have really received any attention or discussion. That said, the RPG has met its goal - and quick - so there is certainly the want for it!
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                Then I have got an extra email that I can get the Phoenix logo patch for uniforms for additional 5 dollars and some dice sets for 25 dollars. So now thank you, I haven't ordered those.
                                Because they've hit their goals.

I'm surprised they offer the dice up as a reward, since that's a reward that won't be unlocked until they've hit the 125,000 mark. They're currently at the 50,000.

So far, there are 1015 backers and 22 days to go.

Edit
                                Nevermind that comment about why the dice are up for offer. I just found out how the "pledge manager" works through someone explaining it in the comments. You basically pledge a low number and then add to it whenever something cool becomes available.

What -- I've never done a kickstarter before. I helped fund a low-budget film once though, and was rewarded with a seat at the premiere and my name in the credits, and a premium booklet with the DVD.

That still makes me giggle with joy. My name in the credits of a small film.

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                                In general, my experience is that the fandom doesn't seem to have much interest in anything other than the TV shows. Comics, novels, games, never really seem to have really received any attention or discussion. That said, the RPG has met its goal - and quick - so there is certainly the want for it!
                                They certainly don't but I think it depends on the franchise, and Stargate is relatively small in comparison to other Star's around.

There are 1015 backers -- I'm not sure that qualifies as a "want"... especially when you look at the amount made so far. It just means, there are a couple of gaters who have money to spend.

In the grand scheme of things that's not going to keep a game afloat, I imagine.

I thought about it, and I'll chip in later -- a small amount (even though I'm not keen on having to sign up for a kickstarter account).
                                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 07 October 2020, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X