Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Default Cyberpunk 2077

This single player, open world RPG will arrive in 2020. It is worth of keeping an eye on it as the developer is the Red CD Project who has brought us the Witcher III. First of all it looks amazing. And even if cyberpunk is not really my favorite scifi genre, they have revealed so many ideas already.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Cinematic Trailer ft. Keanu Reeves | E3 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YApuEWtG30w

An earlier 44minutes long gameplay video :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fko23gfERE4
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

I never got into the Witcher games, but by all accounts CD Projekt Red is the coolest studio around. I may just need to check this out....
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I never got into the Witcher games, but by all accounts CD Projekt Red is the coolest studio around. I may just need to check this out....
    You're missing out with Witcher 3. Less so 1 and 2 but 3 is so gorgeous.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

I actually own 1 & 2 on Steam, I just never got into them. I played maybe an hour of the first one and found it clunky to play, and with the worst voice acting I'd ever heard (and that was the "enhanced" edition too!)
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Apparently the full big gameplay footage they privately showed at E3 will be out soon publicly at Gamescon. Can't wait to sit down and take it all in like I did with the last big 45min one haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I actually own 1 & 2 on Steam, I just never got into them. I played maybe an hour of the first one and found it clunky to play, and with the worst voice acting I'd ever heard (and that was the "enhanced" edition too!)
    I played W1 last year. Finished W2 earlier this year and now am into W3. They all have their faults and greatness. None of them have very good combat. However the story sucked me in so I kept going on.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela V View Post
    I played W1 last year. Finished W2 earlier this year and now am into W3. They all have their faults and greatness. None of them have very good combat. However the story sucked me in so I kept going on.
    You didn't think 3 had good combat? I thought 3's combat system was near perfect.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Sadly it looks like they decided not to show that private E3 gameplay demo however they've made a new 15min 'Deep dive' video for Gamescon followed by a half hour Q&A session with the Devs. Man that nethacker whip thing looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    You didn't think 3 had good combat? I thought 3's combat system was near perfect.
    It has it faults for me. But then combat is wonky in a lot of games. I am playing Assassin's Creed 2 and sometimes want to throw my controller across the room.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

It not only single player, there a multiplayer part as well. They received EU funding to develop the in house technology for it.