Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyberpunk 2077

This single player, open world RPG will arrive in 2020. It is worth of keeping an eye on it as the developer is the Red CD Project who has brought us the Witcher III. First of all it looks amazing. And even if cyberpunk is not really my favorite scifi genre, they have revealed so many ideas already.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Cinematic Trailer ft. Keanu Reeves | E3 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YApuEWtG30w

An earlier 44minutes long gameplay video :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fko23gfERE4
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

I never got into the Witcher games, but by all accounts CD Projekt Red is the coolest studio around. I may just need to check this out....
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I never got into the Witcher games, but by all accounts CD Projekt Red is the coolest studio around. I may just need to check this out....
      You're missing out with Witcher 3. Less so 1 and 2 but 3 is so gorgeous.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I actually own 1 & 2 on Steam, I just never got into them. I played maybe an hour of the first one and found it clunky to play, and with the worst voice acting I'd ever heard (and that was the "enhanced" edition too!)
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Apparently the full big gameplay footage they privately showed at E3 will be out soon publicly at Gamescon. Can't wait to sit down and take it all in like I did with the last big 45min one haha.
          Blakes Sanctum: Retro site for retro games! Age of Wonders, Babylon 5, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, Star Trek & more!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I actually own 1 & 2 on Steam, I just never got into them. I played maybe an hour of the first one and found it clunky to play, and with the worst voice acting I'd ever heard (and that was the "enhanced" edition too!)
            I played W1 last year. Finished W2 earlier this year and now am into W3. They all have their faults and greatness. None of them have very good combat. However the story sucked me in so I kept going on.
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
              I played W1 last year. Finished W2 earlier this year and now am into W3. They all have their faults and greatness. None of them have very good combat. However the story sucked me in so I kept going on.
              You didn't think 3 had good combat? I thought 3's combat system was near perfect.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Sadly it looks like they decided not to show that private E3 gameplay demo however they've made a new 15min 'Deep dive' video for Gamescon followed by a half hour Q&A session with the Devs. Man that nethacker whip thing looks awesome!

Blakes Sanctum: Retro site for retro games! Age of Wonders, Babylon 5, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, Star Trek & more!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  You didn't think 3 had good combat? I thought 3's combat system was near perfect.
                  It has it faults for me. But then combat is wonky in a lot of games. I am playing Assassin's Creed 2 and sometimes want to throw my controller across the room.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

It not only single player, there a multiplayer part as well. They received EU funding to develop the in house technology for it.

Comment

Have been drooling over all the videos CD Projekt Red have been releasing on youtube lately. Eg just look at the amazing views of the huge city in this one!

Over the last few months they’ve been doing a really good behind the scenes series called ‘Night City Wire’ with heaps of amazing new gameplay footage. Here’s the first few episodes!

Comment

Comment

Have any of you folks played Cyber 2020 or read the William Gibson books?
                          Not having a dig, but if you haven't there is so much story you are missing out on.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Looks like Night City Wire Episode 4 came out a little while back..

Along with yet ANOTHER delay announcement lol! Doesn't bother me as like I said previously I don't have a computer that can run it anyway haha. Apparently the devs have been getting death threats from impatient wackos out there though which is a bit messed up!

Maybe all those impatient ones should check out what I just found... Today I noticed a review in a recent PC Gamer magazine of a small indie game called 'Cloudpunk' that has you piloting a flying taxi around a rainy cyberpunk city at night. Looks and sounds awesome as that cockpit has massive Blade Runner vibes, the taxi reminds me of 5th Element and that creepy stormy sky reminds me of Highlander 2 lol!

Apparently there's not much depth to the gameplay sadly as it's more about immersion. However considering I was more looking forward to driving around Cyberpunk 2077's city at night listening to synth tunes instead of just running around shooting people then I suspect this little game will be right up my alley haha! Apparently you get your own apartment in a sky scraper with a balcony looking over the city that you can decorate and play retro video games in, so hmm yup that's got me written all over it too lol! Although yet again my old computer probably can't even run this one either arrrgh haha!

Comment

Working...
                            X