Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sort of things do you guys collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Annoyed collects dust, don't believe otherwise.
    I have a fine collection of dust bunnies too... The louder my sister sneezes, the more I know the collection has grown.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      yeah not sure about how scratched up they might be either...maybe one of these days I should invest in a USB turntable to play them
      Pfft. You can't buy a good turntable these days for a reasonable price. I know, I tried. Maybe you can for a couple of thousand dollars, but that's too rich for my blood.

I've got 2 identical Technics semi-automatic turntables, one of which I bought new back in '81 or so and the other came out of a garage sale, in very good condition. I've got good audio-technica cartridges on both, and both of them sound better than a professional grade Stanton I bought about 5 years back, even if I put one of the good cartridges in it. Seems the integrated pre-amp & electronics (which the Technics units do not have) screw the signal up somehow.

If you ask me, if you want to get a decent turntable, start hunting garage sales and the used market.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        I've got 2 identical Technics semi-automatic turntables, one of which I bought new back in '81 or so..
        ^^ has a turntable which is older than me.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        If you ask me, if you want to get a decent turntable, start hunting garage sales and the used market.
        What he says.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          ^^ has a turntable which is older than me.
          Well, it's only fitting. If you look at the music thread, most of what I listen to is older than you, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I have a fine collection of dust bunnies too... The louder my sister sneezes, the more I know the collection has grown.
            I have been accused of collecting dust bunnies. It is not that I do not want to clean, it I want a balance in life. Best way to keep me from cleaning is tell me the only thing to do is to clean.
            I like to collect art supplies. I had a good collection of plushies until some helpful person threw them out with a lot of good stuff such as a library book and an expensive watch which the only issue it had was that the battery needed to be replaced.
            Hello
            I like Daniel. Why is there not a simple heart emoji? I got a crush on Daniel. I think I always did.

Comment

I collect souls of the damned.
              Last edited by Chaka-Z0; 20 June 2019, 05:28 AM.
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I'm safe
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  I collect souls of the damned.
                  I imagine that is quite the collection.

Comment

I collect coins, books and repetitive stress injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by rmlulich View Post
                      I collect coins, books and repetitive stress injuries.
                      That's an interesting collection.

Comment

Hello!

I've actually got some fossils now. Small collection of gemstones. Slowly building up a collection of buttons and of dice. Bottles too. Some handmade fair trade jewelry. I've been busy picking up a lot more collections while I've been away ????

What about you guys?

Comment

Working...
                        X