Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok i know no one will read this (probably)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i know no one will read this (probably)...

But i have to say out of all the rodney centric episodes we had seen in Atlantis THIS one is my favorite. David Hewletts performance was so real and devestating. It was an amazing brain child of a what if scenario, "What if McKay lost his genius?" "What if McKay reverted to a childlike state?"

The writers just took it and ran and it was so good.

my ONE little tiny tiny complaint....

McKeller....no mate.

I don't know why but that part in it made me feel umcomf. I mean, the whole episode she was acting kind of like a jerk, not even really listening to anyone. Sure she was right about rodneys emotional reaction at the shrine but in the end, if they didn't go rodney probably would have died.

Let me go on record to say, i don't hate Keller. I actually really liked her and thought she was a good doctor.

I just feel like the Mckeller thing was thrown in. *shrugs*

What do you guys think?

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
    Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
    Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
    sigpic

At the point this episode aired I was burned out with McKay. It also hits a little too close to my RL for me. So bit a fan. If we ignore that this is a TV show, in the real world sounds like one of those magic cure scams. In that lens I understand why Keller said no to the shrine given his medical condition. Also the Wraith.....

Your Keller compliant was a common one back when this episode aired.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      At the point this episode aired I was burned out with McKay. It also hits a little too close to my RL for me. So bit a fan. If we ignore that this is a TV show, in the real world sounds like one of those magic cure scams. In that lens I understand why Keller said no to the shrine given his medical condition. Also the Wraith.....

Your Keller compliant was a common one back when this episode aired.
      I figured as much. I just wanted to talk about it because i've just recently gotten back into the series so i am revisiting old episodes lol

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
      Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
      Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
      sigpic

Comment

I also loved that episode, but it should have been a two-parter with the team actually having trouble GETTING Rodney to the shrine instead of just sneaking in while being afraid on not getting caught. This episode was actually a good opportunity to introduce new Wraith characters or perhaps a new kind of Wraith that's evolved from the original ones thanks to Beckett's anti-Wraith therapy. It was also a chance for the writers to actually make the Wraith even more menacing than they were at the beginning of the TV series, which would have made the show more interesting and it would help the writers return the series to the path that it was on before the 4th season. Plus the other characters would get a chance for more episodes that would be focused on themselves, the Ancients, Atlantis and of course, a chance to properly start introducing the new callition of human planets, featured in "Inquisition". Which should also be a two-part episode at least and not feature an easy, half-assed solution for our heroes.

Comment

I absolutely loved this episode too. It was one of the few times I actually teared up to TV around then! It was such a hard hitting episode for me.

But I completely agree about Keller. That seemed to have come out of the blue.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Of course it came out of the blue since the final two seasons of the show were rushed, thus making the writers unable to properly introduce some ideas, plots and story elements. Rodney and Keller were a nice couple, though. Plus the end results of the writers strike and the strike itself have also negatively affected the show, which also resulted in a ton of easy-writing segments on SGA, especially in its final season.

Comment

Of course it came out of the blue since the final two seasons of the show were rushed, thus making the writers unable to properly introduce some ideas, plots and story elements.
              Rushed how? Season 4 marked the first time writers were not splitting their duties between two Stargate shows, so from everything I've heard things were easier on them since they only had 20 episodes to write and produce instead of 40. Brad Wright and Robert Cooper stepped down as showrunners going into season 4 to focus on the Sg-1 movies but they later returned to write episodes.

Season 4/5 went in different creative directions because there were different people in charge (e.g. Wright was very protective of Weir while Mallozzi did not like the amount of focus that was devoted to her), but I've never heard anything to indicate they were in any way rushed except that they had to make some last minute changes due to Rachel Luttrell's pregnancy.

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
              Plus the end results of the writers strike and the strike itself have also negatively affected the show, which also resulted in a ton of easy-writing segments on SGA, especially in its final season.
              They only had one writer who went on strike: Carl Binder. Everyone else exclusively lived and worked in Canada and therefore were not part of the Writer's Guild of America strike.

The strike lasted from November 5, 2007 – February 12, 2008. Atlantis' season 4 wrap party was held on September 29, 2007. On February 13, 2008, Joseph Mallozzi announced on his blog that Carl walked into the writer's room with a draft of season 5's "Ghost in the Machine."

The strike had no real impact on the show. Carl was around in October of 2007 when they were pitching season 5 stories and laying out how the season would progress. For the next three months his input was absent in the writer's room, but as far as scripts went, the other writers simply worked on their stories as normal and when Carl returned he got back to business as usual. There's no indication that he wrote less that year than he otherwise would have had he not gone on strike: He is credited as the writer/co-writer of four scripts that season, while in season 4 he is credited as the writer on four.
              Last edited by Xaeden; 31 May 2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X