Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TERMINATOR 6 : Dark Fate trailer

doesn't grab me.....

I liked it. Of course, the trailers for the last 38 Terminator reboots looked good too, and look how those turned out.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I liked it. Of course, the trailers for the last 38 Terminator reboots looked good too, and look how those turned out.

Yeah, agree there

i am kind of the odd duck on the sequels thing though. i like the ones that every one else seems to hate; t3 and t4

like the way they had the survivors being practical about using gear, resources& supplies

like in T4 where we see people who have little -or no - experience flying A10 ground attack aircraft. instead of some flashy thing like a f15 which would be far harder to learn how to fly and far less less practical in engaging the machines

the a10 is based on the old standard of stick and rudder with little advanced avionics to learn-- a flying tank, armament and slow speeds best for fighting armored robots

Comment

Yeah, I thought Terminator 3 was just pure, total crap. I did not care for it in the slightest. Salvation was a slight improvement, but then, anything would have been an improvement over T3. And with the two of those being so bad, I never even bothered to see Genisys.

As far as my Head Canon is concerned, there are only two Terminator movies. Maybe this time we'll get lucky and I can add a third.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I am totally lost, Back in time, Forward in time, He's dead, She's dead. This happened and that didn't happen! Nobody is safe in the terminator universe.

Sometimes it's easier to turn off your mind and just watch them for purely entertainment value And the guns and explosions
          Signature removed by popular demand...

Comment

Originally posted by T1Cybernetic View Post
            I am totally lost, Back in time, Forward in time, He's dead, She's dead. This happened and that didn't happen! Nobody is safe in the terminator universe.

Sometimes it's easier to turn off your mind and just watch them for purely entertainment value And the guns and explosions
            I think that's the best way to look at it. Honestly they could do anything with the series now and it'll be fine.
            Though I have to say I'm not too bothered about going to see this. At the end of the day all the T movies are the same. Salvation and Genisys tried to do something different, which I appreciate but of the two I only really liked Salvation.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Nothing personal, but I think that's 100% the wrong tack to take with this franchise. A huge part of the reason why this series is so highly regarded is because of the first two films brilliantly marrying incredible action sequences with smart plots. Dump either one of those and it's just not a Terminator movie anymore.

Comment

Nothing personal, but I think that's 100% the wrong tack to take with this franchise. A huge part of the reason why this series is so highly regarded is because of the first two films brilliantly marrying incredible action sequences with smart plots. Dump either one of those and it's just not a Terminator movie anymore.
                To be honest I find the first one highly overrated. I only really like T2 and Salvation.

But otherwise the action is always the same which is more my issue. The action scenes of Terminator vs Terminator in particular.

Comment

Huh. Who knew there was such a thing as a wrong opinion?

Comment

Huh. Who knew there was such a thing as a wrong opinion?
                    We have to disagree on some things, Digi or it'd get weird.

Comment

The only good part is that it was shot mostly in Hungary.

Somehow I miss John Connor. I am not a big fan of even newer timeline of the Terminator franchise. Prequel, sequel, now AU. Brrr. T2 is still a movie legend.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

This isn't an alternate universe, it's a direct sequel to T2. It, having the backing of Cameron, Arnold, and Linda Hamilton, presents itself as the true Terminator 3, dismissing the every other post-T2 entry as not part of the true canon. Essentially, everything else are alternate universes.

The "6" in the subject line is...a little misleading, even if it's not totally wrong.

Comment

This isn't an alternate universe, it's a direct sequel to T2. It, having the backing of Cameron, Arnold, and Linda Hamilton, presents itself as the true Terminator 3, dismissing the every other post-T2 entry as not part of the true canon. Essentially, everything else are alternate universes.

The "6" in the subject line is...a little misleading, even if it's not totally wrong.
                          I found this quote of myself from the old Terminator 4 thread from before that film even came out.

The only strange thing I find is that the Film is likely to be a follow up to T3...but then there's the new series which ignores T3 and just follows on from T2...That's one weird timeline...
                          ...We had no idea...

Comment

What excites me about this is Cameron's involvement. I'm not sure how involved he was (?) but at least it suggests we're getting something from the same mind-set as the first 2.

I am counting the days til my oldest kid is old enough to watch T1, so I can show him T2. (He's probably ready for T2, but I just feel there's no point without T1, which really was that next level in graphicness...)

Other than Die Hard, I can't think of a bigger better action movie from modern cinema than T2.
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                              I am counting the days til my oldest kid is old enough to watch T1, so I can show him T2. (He's probably ready for T2, but I just feel there's no point without T1, which really was that next level in graphicness...)
                              I don't know that the first one is that much more graphic (well, maybe the eyeball scene), but my god is it ever grim. It's so dark all the time, and has that whole 80s vibe of everything just being so run down and grimy, and like every person you see is an armed mugger/rapist who could casually murder you at any point during the act of their other crime.

Comment

Working...
                              X