TERMINATOR 6 : Dark Fate trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    but my god is it ever grim. It's so dark all the time, and has that whole 80s vibe of everything just being so run down and grimy,
    but Tech Noir was so bubbly and happening, until....

Comment

Duuude. You know that nearly every drink in that bar was roofie'd!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Duuude. You know that nearly every drink in that bar was roofie'd!
        i will always remember the dialogue between Sarah and the Detective over the phone

SARAH "I am at a place called TechNoir, you know it?"

Detective "Yeah, I know it"

IDK if it was the pacing or the guys delivery of these few lines, but something always got me; why is a middle aged guy,and african american, in the 80's, in the know about a yuppie club, playing techno music where mostly white and young 20 somethings were hanging out at?

came across like he was admitting some deep secret of his.....

was just strange

and, check out the balding dude with glasses and "cool" blue shirt dancing next to sarah's table at about 2:09 -- priceless

Comment

I don't know that the first one is that much more graphic (well, maybe the eyeball scene), but my god is it ever grim. It's so dark all the time, and has that whole 80s vibe of everything just being so run down and grimy, and like every person you see is an armed mugger/rapist who could casually murder you at any point during the act of their other crime.
          Growing up in the 80's... movies either tended to depict that type of darkness, or pristine happiness that was only over a facade of darkness...

One of the opening scenes of T1 features the Terminator ripping a guy's heart out of his chest... I think T1 verges much closer to the horror side of sci-fi/action, compared to T2. Of course - yes - T2 has some pretty graphic things too... (so many bodily impalings!) I guess it does come down to the "mood" as well - T1 just really feels scary. Especially the police station shootout. There's something very unnerving about the idea that you could be in a police station, and yet not be safe.
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

The "Alien" franchise did that too; the first one "Alien" was as much horror as it was SciFi, and to this day I think it's one of the best horror films that exist.

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
              i will always remember the dialogue between Sarah and the Detective over the phone

SARAH "I am at a place called TechNoir, you know it?"

Detective "Yeah, I know it"

IDK if it was the pacing or the guys delivery of these few lines, but something always got me; why is a middle aged guy,and african american, in the 80's, in the know about a yuppie club, playing techno music where mostly white and young 20 somethings were hanging out at?

came across like he was admitting some deep secret of his.....

was just strange
              My uncle was a narcotics detective back in the day. He pretty much looked like Mr. Miyagi from The Karate Kid, but he knew every nightspot in his town from the hardcore biker bars to the teenybopper danceclubs.

I’m a big fan of the Terminator franchise, but Genysis was rather disappointing and Dark Fate is doing nothing for me so far.

Comment

Yeah - when I heard that line, I just took it to mean that TechNoir was probably a known drug hotspot.

I am just an Aussie middle class middle age white man though, so the detective's skin colour / Tech Noir patron's skin colour didn't really register with me as suggestive of anything.
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                and lots more!

Comment

Couldn't find a thread for the actual movie (not just the trailer as this thread started as), so - going to follow on here.

I just watched the full movie... and...

Just the other day, I read that the original plan for the 4th movie was for John Conner to die. So, seeing what is obviously a young CGI Conner gunned down... wasn't terribly distressing. In fact - I'm glad that I read about T4 to have planted the seed - what could Terminator be like if not tied to John?

Ultimately the answer was - just another Terminator movie... and given that the set-up would suggest that Arnie is NOT returning for yet another instalment (based on his line about not being back?), and the new Reese dying in the end (thus not coming back either), and the "new John" not giving me any real sense of "franchise leading woman"... I can't see anyone offering $200m for T7 in a hurry.
                  and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                  X