• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
    yeah, GOT hardcore fas are giving them a lot of heavy heat for season 8

lots of got 'hopes and dreams' and theories have been crushed

i think its funny

these two guys have gotten the nickname of 'd and d' or 'dumb and dumber' as both of their first names start with D

oh, the anger

let's hope they are much more concerned with impressing their Disney paymasters then their HBO ones. and, i would think that SW's as a whole has far more fans then GoT does

hopefully by next May 4th we will get some idea of a story line--will it be based on something already in book form?

----------------------------------

BTW-- (and normally i would PM this but i still apparently do not have those 'powers') do you have any interest in the new amazon original series based on Tolkien's work? the media calls it a lord of the rings sequel/prequel mostly because most do not realize that Lotr's and Hobbit are just two parts of the whole story

kind of like SWs that way--so many stories that could be made....
    I doubt Benioff and Weiss will have as many problems wrapping up a Star Wars film as they have done dealing with GoT. Star Wars isn’t nearly as deep or complicated.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      I doubt Benioff and Weiss will have as many problems wrapping up a Star Wars film as they have done dealing with GoT. Star Wars isn’t nearly as deep or complicated.
      and lets hope they are sw's fans

sw's could be 'deeper and more complicated' and is, if they began to include more info from the canon books and draw from the 'legends' material (as they have been doing a bit) and most importantly, get away from the oh so limiting topic of the Skywalker drama.

it is a big galaxy in SW's; so many stories, so many characters, billions of people--how could there not be so much more?

-----------

related--the ending of Got'S for one character at least, was like if in ep4 of sw's we saw luke as we know it. flying down the trench on the death star getting ever so closer to the target when suddenly, some other pilot we barely saw before flies in, pops off a shot and HE destroys the death star instead

then luke goes back to tattoine and wanders around the planet with moisture farmers and sand people

i am just glad i am no big got's fan, so many seem to be so very upset over the ending. but i am sure there is a thread for that

Comment

Oh wow, looks like Benioff/Weiss are out! I’d hazard a guess that that means these films are being delayed as they find someone else to take over (assuming they’re not just canceled outright).

https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-wa...gy-1202771184/

For my part, I’m thrilled. I didn’t want these guys anywhere near Star Wars.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Screwing up GoTs all for this...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Screwing up GoTs all for this...
            They didn't know what they were doing. They never knew what they were doing (the very end of this article, published before they departed Star Wars, is a gem).
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
            X