Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Uncertain Questions concerning the future of the Stargate franchise. And why I've been gone :(

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around, I've been hospitalized.. I re-injured myself from a REALLY BAD accident I had about 2-3 years ago.. I was on a motorcycle and somebody hit and ran me off the bike, and I've been rehabilitating my right leg & left shoulder, collar bone, humerus etc..I took a really really bad spill down the stairs head first in the middle of the night and re-injured everything.... But thankfully I've made good progress and I'm back home, I lost 30 plus pounds and I am now on a great diet, and back to an active lifestyle... I can actually workout again!

Enough about me just wanted to catch you guys up on where I've been.. Now to the topic I'm posting about.. I've been out of the loop for quite some time, I know there was some kind of sweepstakes and there was supposed to be an announcement of sorts. From what I was lead to understand anyway.. Has there been any new developments with the Stargate franchise in any way shape or form? Like anything? Digital, streaming, reboot, new show, anything? Maybe even an announcement for future plans?

I missed all you guys, I didn't have my phone in the hospital so let me just say hi to a few [email protected], @Falcon Horus, @jelgate, @Chaka-Z0, @DigiFluid, @Gatefan1976, @WraithTech, & @Annoyed.... I missed you guys! If I didn't mention you, and I should have I sincerely apologize, I'm on some very heavy sedatives & it's 4 a.m... just post here and I will say hello properly But I really did miss the camaraderie of these forums sincerely!

I should be back now for good, and I really hope that you guys have some good news for me, I'm trying to be optimistic here, after the hell I just went through, AGAIN! LOL... So please post here, tell me what's up!

It's good to be back, I really did miss this place.
    Just goes to show that this place really is full of good, and most importantly REAL people

Much love,
    -Frank
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...alnoborder.jpg

Default Re: Questions concerning the future of the Stargate franchise. And why I've been gone

How are your kidneys brother?
    Oh, you don't owe us anything, just glad you are OK.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Default Re: Questions concerning the future of the Stargate franchise. And why I've been gone

Frank my dude! So your kidneys are back on track eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

*Opens up a few barrels of Rum*
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    How are your kidneys brother?
    But we do owe the the guy who ran him over.

Its been awhile since I encouraged forming a mob
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Its been awhile since I encouraged forming a mob
    Mmm... now that you mention it... we haven't done a proper riot for a while.

Should look into that.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

*stabs FH with a pitchfork*

Sorry im rusty at this
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Mmm... now that you mention it... we haven't done a proper riot for a while.

Should look into that.
    How many threads are you willing to destroy?

As many as it takes
    Jelgate is right

Cameron Re: Questions concerning the future of the Stargate franchise. And why I've been gone

*stabs FH with a pitchfork*

Sorry im rusty at this
    Please tell me it was not a rusty pitchfork?
    We need FH alive to do more jigsaws

As many as it takes
    Then we do that togeather.

Talking Re: Questions concerning the future of the Stargate franchise. And why I've been gone

Yes I take great pleasure in saying the kidneys are healed! So grateful... I completely forgot that I had filled you guys in on that! Jesus you guys really are good people...Thank you so much for going out of your way to remember & having my back too. You guys honestly bring such a smile on my face in such a sh*tty time. Thank you all for replying,

LMFAO theres one little thing that literally just dawned on me while editing this post,
    Nobody gave me a Stargate update! lololol and while that's 100% okay, and shows that you're even more nice and caring that I thought, and by no means am I complaining LOL

But is there anything going on? LOL any news? Like I said I really did miss you guys so I'd like to know what's going on so I can talk about what's relevant & catch up with you guys.

Looking forward to your replys as always,

-Frank

P.S. @Falcon Horus check your private messages

And everyone else: LMFAO get your minds out of the gutter!! Hahahahaha
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...alnoborder.jpg

I am the gutter, in fact, it envies me.

Everyone is envious of you. Why do you think I torched your lawn?
    Jelgate is right

"I am going to die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy".
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

You are the biggest idiot in the galaxy
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by Who Knows View Post
    Please tell me it was not a rusty pitchfork?
    We need FH alive to do more jigsaws
    Don't worry, the Lemming had its shots, which included Tetanus so bring on those rusty forks. I can handle them.

Quote Originally Posted by Franksixer View Post
    But is there anything going on? LOL any news?
    Well... if you haven't heard about it yet... there's always the 6-country "community" you could try. They've got stuff if you pay 20 bucks for all-access. You can watch all the shows (including Origins), all the regionblocked Dial Home interviews and Recon whatevers, even the Origins bloopers are locked behind the paywall, the comics (well the first couple editions), and they have a poor excuse for a message feed that's populated with Platschu's quiz's.

But you won't find it very international like Gateworld since only 6 countries have full access and the rest have given up pretending to still believe their "we're working on it" crap-line.

But nope, there's no new stargate series or whatever in the works. Joe Mallozzi has been releasing pages from the Extinction movie from Atlantis, and he's also still posting concept drawings -- which are wicked.

The fake community is at stargatecommand.co (not linking to it because they're not worth it).

Quote Originally Posted by Franksixer View Post
    P.S. @Falcon Horus check your private messages
    I shall... well, I will... later.

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Well.. I try to entertain my little audicence there. Less than 20 people are active on the message board of SG:C, so I wouldn't call it as a big community or success, but that must be part of their PR communication.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    Well.. I try to entertain my little audicence there. Less than 20 people are active on the message board of SG:C, so I wouldn't call it as a big community or success, but that must be part of their PR communication.
    I think 20 is really stretching it...

And they have hold a convention with such secrecy that only the local visitors know what have really happened there... It is an other example of communication disaster. At least all 200 countries are united in disinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    And they have hold a convention with such secrecy that only the local visitors know what have really happened there... It is an other example of communication disaster. At least all 200 countries are united in disinformation.
    195 countries....

Of which 189 have no access, but I'm not sure we should include North-Korea since they also have no access to Netflix.