One Mavelous Scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Mavelous Scene.

Once, there was an Idea, an Idea of youtubers, to put into words things we could not, to explain the storytelling that we may have missed.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...z6i1h3-JVxBx0D

This project on a... "metaphysical" or philosophical level is why I love the MCU, and why I love stargate, Star trek, SW, Farscape, LOTR, Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series, Julian May, Raymond E Feist and countless other scifi, fantasy, and historical writings. They tell the story of US, as people, the reflections of our nobility, and our failure and what we learn from both. Unlike tribalism, these stories tell us what we have in common, and how what we have in common is far, far more powerful than what sets us apart.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

I’ve been thinking a lot about these sorts of moments since seeing Endgame. There are so many themes that are repeated throughout the MCU. Particularly the whole father figure motif which is continually prevalent. As well as the deconstruction of the superhero genre from taking these individuals and setting them up on a heroes journey only to continually show them to be just regular people who have gifts and trying to do the best they can but frequently failing, which I think is why the MCU now has a very clearly defined sense of humour that interjects with what would otherwise be dramatic moments.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
    X