Where to watch SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to watch SG1

Over the past few years I have rewatched all of the incarnations of Stargate quite a few times. Just finished up SGA and SGU, and figured I would go back to the original series once more. SG1 wasn't on Netflix, but I did find it on Hulu. Unfortunately, that version was in a 4:3 aspect ratio. Then I figured I would see what was on Amazon Video, and they have the widescreen broadcast, but I believe that is the edited for tv version. Does anyone stream the original version? I know there are only a few differences, but I like seeing it as it was originally intended. Although, I guess the tv edited version is probably what they originally intended, since they were forced to have the nudity in the pilot by Showtime.
    It would be nice to have a list of where to watch the different series, as well as what version of each you will find there. I had a similar issue with rewatching ST:TNG, where Netflix had the broadcast version, and Amazon had the HD remaster (or vice versa), but I had already watched a few seasons before realizing.

If you don't have them already, honestly the most economical option is probably just to get the DVDs. Then everything is properly formatted, and as far as I know Season 1 includes the real/non-George Lucas'd version of Children of the Gods. They're only like $10 per season these days (that's like $0.45 per episode), and then you have them forever too.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

And extras... which you don't have on any of the streaming sites, unless you watch them on YouTube, but they don't have the audiocommentaries probably.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I should pick up the box set, but there is something to be said for the ability to just click a few buttons on any tv in my house and have the series play. I tend to have these shows just running in the background as I'm doing other things, and I think I'm down to only one DVD/Blu Ray playing device right now. Not to mention I'm real bad with remembering what I actually own. I remember spending a few days trying to find where I can stream a decent version of the Mighty Boosh, only to walk by my DVD cabinet to see that I had that box set the entire time.

Comment

Most of us aren't as lucky as most of you, and don't have the luxury of having Stargate at our fingertips.

So, DVD's are a safe bet unfortunatel.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
          X