Rivers of London - the series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rivers of London - the series.

It's in the very, very, very early stages of development, but a TV series based on the "Rivers of London" urban fantasy/police procedural novels by Ben Aaronovitch has just been announced.

The novels centre around the adventures of Peter Grant, a young officer in the Metropolitan Police; who, following an unexpected encounter with a ghost, is recruited into the small branch of the Met that deals with magic and the supernatural.

More details here - https://deadline.com/2019/04/simon-....omment-2498564
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

I think they've been talking about this for a while now but I cannot wait for this. I LOVE the books. And they'd work so perfectly as a movie or tv series. They just need the right cast. Someone like Ralph Fiennes or Paul McGann in particular would be perfect for Nightingale.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Like you, I'm a huge fan of the books. I've had the pleasure of meeting Ben a couple of times at the Edinburgh Book Festival.

And yeah, I really hope Pegg and Frost don't screw this up, otherwise it'll be angry mob with pitchforks time for the pair of them.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I heard about this last year, I'm excited but at the same time a bit wary.

I'm not a fan of Simon Pegg and given his prevous work I don't want him to ruin the awesomeness of the books.

Comment

Working...
        X