The Iron Throne (806)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

The best part of the episode was the shots when Dany looked like she has got wings.
    Oh yeah that was a damn good shot.

The worst part was then Tyrion has found his siblings. If not the whole cellar has collapsed then Jaime and Cersei could have stood a few metres away. Not like this rubbish and they are killed by bricks, but there were plenty of place where they could have hidden. This is simply bad.
    Sometimes these things happen. I mean it would only really take just one of those stone slabs to hit them in the head to kill them. Otherwise I thought having them die, not in some grand moment but simply underground and running away was perfectly fitting. Certainly for Cersei. And while Jaime was more likeable there’s no doubt that he deserved it after many of the things he’s done too.

Not to mention Jon. What has he got at the end? Nothing. No reward... No family heritage, nothing. Okay, he and his parents played a major role in Dany's madness, but then this is all?! He goes back to the north. Meh.
    He has his freedom. Tormund always stood by the notion that Jon was more wildling than southerner in his heart. But it was never going to end well as far as Jon was concerned. Regardless of what he did, he loved Dany deeply and he would be no more happy sitting on the Iron Throne as he was being sent to the Nights Watch.

The costume of Arya was ridicolous. Why would they make a cape which can not cover her in the front? Stupid design.
    Didn’t even notice to be honest. Not to that extent anyway. In her final scene on the ship I did sort of think it looked half Stark and half Bravosi in a way. A sort of Spanish Pirate look.

Bronn. Why would Bran keep that promise what the Lannisters brothers have made for him? How has he got High Garden? Even Sam would have more right as his family served the Tyrells.
    Why wouldn’t he? If Bran can see the future then he may know already that Bronn will be an effective Maste of coin. Or he may have simply asked Tyrion to build the Small council as he saw fit. Bran strikes me as likely being a fairly hands off king.

Sansa has got her own kingdom. Meh. This was also weird. So basically the Starks siblings has won everything.... 1+6 Kingdoms + 1 Beyond the Wall. Brrr.
    Really? Out of all the endings I found this one the most obvious. The whole series has revolved around the North trying to gain independence.
    Talking about Wall. There is no Wall. And why would the wieldlings go to the tundra if the Winter can last for years? I know I can understand they don't like civilization and they want to be free and independent, but North is enough big to settle them down until spring arrives... So why would they suffer at a frozen wasteland? Even if there is no Night King, their survival should be more important then their pride.
    Inuit tribes don’t have to live in icy wastelands but they still do. It’s their home. It’s what they know. They know where to hunt and where to find resources. It may be a hard life but it’s one they can live and as a culture they value that hardship and struggle for making them tough.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Sansa has got her own kingdom. Meh.
      that was another weird part
      basically she's saying "the north will not be ruled by a Stark! (Bran)"

than she says "the north will be independent & ruled by a Stark! (Sansa)"

uh ok '_'

Comment

btw anyone else lol'd at how Edmure was shown to be the same loser he always was?

Comment

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-...petent-writers

1.5 millions now
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            1.5 million petty, entitled children.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I see it as more of a "**** you for letting this happen, producers"

I signed it myself. I know it won't happen, but it takes only seconds to extend the digital middle finger the writers deserve for what they pulled on this season.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                I see it as more of a "**** you for letting this happen, producers"

I signed it myself. I know it won't happen, but it takes only seconds to extend the digital middle finger the writers deserve for what they pulled on this season.
                This is exactly how I see it and it's on record that 1.5M persons gave D&D the digital middle finger. I am literally boycotting any and all future material coming from these guys, these clowns showed the world they truly don't care about the fans.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

funny thing is how some of the actors are taking it as a jab against them or the crew they don't seem to grasp that the only target are those 2 ******s D&D
                  but like I said such a petition's a waste of time viewers should focus their efforts on ending the career of D&D instead - pressure studios into boycotting them starting with Disney

Comment

btw am I the only one who thought Daenerys was even more beautiful in her evil version?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                      btw am I the only one who thought Daenerys was even more beautiful in her evil version?
                      Correct, I confess I do love a little bit of crazy in my women

I wouldn't date her I mean her drelatives are a little bit too much and I'd be afraid dead of having them breath down my neck the whole time
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                        Correct, I confess I do love a little bit of crazy in my women

I wouldn't date her I mean her drelatives are a little bit too much and I'd be afraid dead of having them breath down my neck the whole time
                        face of angel heart of demon - it's the contrast
                        yeah that "guard dog" of hers could be a bit of a problem

Comment

and anyone else get vibes from *a certain saga* during her epic victory speech?

I won't say which one but here's a hint: I imagined her saying "We stand on the threshold of a new beginning. In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the 7 kingdoms will be reorganized into the first Targaryen Empire, for a safe and secure society"

Comment

I had no issue with Arya’s costume because she’s a fighter, she doesn’t want a cape getting in her way. She would gladly sacrifice warmth for mobility.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

a picture and a word worth a 1000 words

Comment

It is a correct picture.

Season 7 would have been good, but the alliance with the Martells and Tyrells have been closed way too quickly.

But back to season 8. I also don't like that nobody mentioned or questioned how the Red Woman has killed Renly. Sir Davos could have told about the dark magic to Brienne... I was expecting a scene about it especially when Gendry has started to talk to Arya about his role in the process...

Brienne has also not revealed what Jaime told him about the wildfire in King's Landing. Probably it would have foreshadowed Dany's future decisions.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X