Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: The Iron Throne (806)

I've read somewhere that it was clearly stated by HBO that they do not want ANY sequel of any kind. They want GoT to be ''its own thing''. There shall be only prequels.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

oops I meant spinoffs

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    oops I meant spinoffs
    Oh yes. Tons of those if the rumors are true.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

5 being worked on with one confirmed I believe

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

I too heard something on entertainment tonight about sequels and the ending of the show and they said, along the lines of, only prequels set before the time of the show, thousands of years before the time, are in the works. So yeah, GOT is the finale and now prequels....kinda like LOTR where the movies are done, then they did the Hobbit (and yeah, I know LOTR was never written to have any sort of follow up or sequel, just a case where the ending came before the beginning)

what about spinoffs? (set not before/after but during the time of GOT)

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

Lieutenant Colonel Stargate Atlantis Girl's Avatar

Wow, what an ending. I know I’m a little late to the party but it’s nice to know I’m not the only one disappointed. I understand that it was never going to be perfect and I’m not going to sit here and whine about it, but there were a few things that I thought they could have done more dignified.

I found Cerci’s death to be really disappointing. For years they built her up as such the villain and glorified all her enemies’s desire to kill her and she died next to the one she loved the most. It just seemed very unfitting for such the hype they had built up all these years.

Along to the whole season feeling very rushed, I was also not a fan of Bran becoming king. I wasn’t a fan of his storyline to begin with so it might just be my opinion, but I don’t feel like he added much to the show and making him king seemed like a cop out for the writers.

Dany’s ending was also sad, I think her character deserved better than to have that end. Anyway, just my two cents, it was a great show, sad to see it go but it was time.
    Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~