The Iron Throne (806)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    ? this ain't full democracy the liege lords laughed at the idea of the commonfolk voting
    but what I said ain't democracy it's about the lesser lords (they're still nobility not commoners) voting for the greater lords

in other words exact same system Tyrion proposed but on the next level (smaller scale)
    In other words, what I meant is that the liege lords are descendants (for the most part) of ancient and powerful families and houses, it's not something that can be changed as easily as lords of X and Y castles that changes hands every few years. They were there even before the Targaryens.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      In other words, what I meant is that the liege lords are descendants (for the most part) of ancient and powerful families and houses, it's not something that can be changed as easily as lords of X and Y castles that changes hands every few years. They were there even before the Targaryens.
      one of the liege lords was just appointed ad hoc as part of a debt payment
      kings themselves are for the most part descendants of former kings until Bran & Tyrion changed that. if this can be done for the "lord protector of the 7 kingdoms" then it can be done for the "lord protector" of each of the kingdoms

Comment

it's like if the lords of houses Karstark Umber Mormont Bolton Manderly Glover etc. had gathered together to choose the next lord of Winterfell after mad king executed Rickard Stark (instead of Ned Stark inheriting the title)

Comment

it's like if the lords of houses Karstark Umber Mormont Bolton Manderly Glover etc. had gathered together to choose the next lord of Winterfell after mad king executed Rickard Stark (instead of Ned Stark inheriting the title)
          North is independent and much more old school than anywhere else in Westoros, that'd be an alien concept to them. I can buy a select group of liege lords choosing the next King, but the rest, meh.

I get what you're saying, I just personally think this would be a little bit too cheesy for GoT.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            North is independent and much more old school than anywhere else in Westoros, that'd be an alien concept to them. I can buy a select group of liege lords choosing the next King, but the rest, meh.

I get what you're saying, I just personally think this would be a little bit too cheesy for GoT.
            not so alien anymore after one of their own pioneered the system (Bran's 100% northbred)

come to think of it the north's its own kingdom so if there's a sequel it'd be interesting to see if it puts in place the same system as the south
            especially since the alternative would be for Sansa to marry which I don't see happening

Comment

I've read somewhere that it was clearly stated by HBO that they do not want ANY sequel of any kind. They want GoT to be ''its own thing''. There shall be only prequels.
              Spoiler:

Comment

oops I meant spinoffs

Comment

oops I meant spinoffs
                  Oh yes. Tons of those if the rumors are true.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

5 being worked on with one confirmed I believe

Comment

I too heard something on entertainment tonight about sequels and the ending of the show and they said, along the lines of, only prequels set before the time of the show, thousands of years before the time, are in the works. So yeah, GOT is the finale and now prequels....kinda like LOTR where the movies are done, then they did the Hobbit (and yeah, I know LOTR was never written to have any sort of follow up or sequel, just a case where the ending came before the beginning)
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

what about spinoffs? (set not before/after but during the time of GOT)

Comment

Wow, what an ending. I know I’m a little late to the party but it’s nice to know I’m not the only one disappointed. I understand that it was never going to be perfect and I’m not going to sit here and whine about it, but there were a few things that I thought they could have done more dignified.

I found Cerci’s death to be really disappointing. For years they built her up as such the villain and glorified all her enemies’s desire to kill her and she died next to the one she loved the most. It just seemed very unfitting for such the hype they had built up all these years.

Along to the whole season feeling very rushed, I was also not a fan of Bran becoming king. I wasn’t a fan of his storyline to begin with so it might just be my opinion, but I don’t feel like he added much to the show and making him king seemed like a cop out for the writers.

Dany’s ending was also sad, I think her character deserved better than to have that end. Anyway, just my two cents, it was a great show, sad to see it go but it was time.
                          Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Working...
                          X