• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Iron Throne (806)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON EIGHT
    THE IRON THRONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 806
    With King's Landing in ruins Tyrion and Jon Snow wrestle over the fate of the world, and whether Daenerys is a Queen they can continue to follow.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 21 May 2019, 08:33 AM.

So, Jon kills Dany - which really had to happen. Grey Worm is loyal beyond the end. Tyrion survives, we have confirmation that Cersei and Jamie are dead. Drogon takes his queen and heads off to parts unknown.

Jon gets send to the watch, and seems to say poo on that and goes with the wildlings. Arya takes off for her alleged spin off, Sansa is queen of the north, Sam is finally a maester, Bronn on the small council- now that is scary. But Brienne will hopefully keep him on a leash. And Bran is king of the six kingdoms. While they all agree to elect future kings - yeah don’t see any future problems with that.

Gotta say, after Dany’s death the rest seems like a really long epilogue.

No real wow moments, just a closing of plot threads and a set up of any spin offs.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The moment I saw Podrick in the Kingsguard I just lost it, thanks for the laugh.

Apart from the episode's highlight mentioned above, I bet the Ghost reunion was a setup to somehow get people on board with this episode.

I wish this series got cancelled instead of getting butchered in 6 strokes.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

This is going to be a real marmite epsode, or tbh the season, either you love it or hate it...

Ive never tried marmite so Im in the middle, like with this episode haha!

Glad Jon finally came to his senses and killed Dany, Drogon melting the Iron Throne was nice. Bran as king, didnt see that coming but guessed Sansa would end up Queen of the North. The council scene at the end was a good callback, havent had one of those in a while but the members lol. Jamie finally got his book entry.

Arya sounds like its screaming spinoff, but we'll see...

Comment

This was easily the worst series finale ever. Simple, lazy, boring, unlogical, injustice. GoT would have deserved better.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Lots of pointless walking scenes and no talking what so ever.
            Without all of the useless walking scenes maybe there is 40-50 minutes of story in it.

And then the dragon just melts the throne and not taking out Jon. Like why not ?
            Were the dragon really that smart to understand that he's mother Dany was evil in the end or something ?
            King of not explained it in the episode. Or is it just to leave room for a chance of spin off series ?
            sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

So who saw Bran ending up as king coming? haha

Whats everyones rating for the season?

Comment

I didn't see Bran as King, because (1) he didn't want it (2) as the three-eyed raven I did not think he could do it, &(3) I thought the three-eyed raven lived as a hermit with the children of the forrest in the wierwood forrests.

I was not iimpressed with the ending. It was a real let down. Cersei is dead, nobody killed her, Kingslanding fell on her & Jamie (Where does this valonquer come in to it?)

Yes Jon killed Dany, & all Drogon did was melted the Iron Throne & carry Dany away. Doesn't seem to care his Mistress, his Queen is dead & Jon killed her.

Jon is banished to the Wall because Grey Worm says he should be? Who died & made him king?

So now everything has gone back to what it was when this Game of Thrones started, except it is new people heading the families & a new 'little council' as if nothing happened.
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I think Drogon didn’t kill Jon because - first he’s a Valarian, second, dont’ underestimate the intelligence of a dragon. Perhaps Drogon didn’t like slaughtering a whole city but had to on his mistress’ command. Perhaps he recognized the madness and knew she was now going to conquer the world.

I think him melting the throne was very appropriate. Take away the ‘prize’ and you take away the reason to fight. (in an odd moment I thought he took away his mistress to go find some dwarves and gold buried under a mountain and to kidnap Benny Cumberpatch to get a cool voice )

Jon wasn’t just banished because Grey Worm thought he should be....the whole Unsullied and Dothraki army hated him, as did anyone else that thought Dany was great. He never would have been accepted. The only way he could have been king is if he had arranged for someone else to kill Dany, thus maintaining the illusion of him being the reluctant heir. But true to Ned’s lessons, don’t ask others to do something you can’t/won’t do, he killed her and in doing that he killed his chance to be king too. He honestly seemed to expect to not live through it, but Drogon spared him.

I always expected the show to end ‘full circle’....because the game of thrones is a game that never ends. It cycles and the players change, but as long as there is a throne - any throne - people will play the game to sit on it. Dany didn’t break the wheel....she just gave the car a flat tire that they fixed and are trying to use that. Honestly in a few years when Bran dies there will still be the same jockeying for power and position, the same campaigning and deal making so someone else can sit on whatever the throne will be and be in charge....especially once Bran does all the hard work of fixing the damage from the war.

It will take a generation or two for the population to increase and memories to fade for people to again lust after power. The Game of Thrones is a game that never ends.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    This was easily the worst series finale ever. Simple, lazy, boring, unlogical, injustice. GoT would have deserved better.
                    Dexter says hello
                    sigpic

Comment

and now my watch(ing) is ended

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                        Dexter says hello
                        LOL

and Xena waves from the sidelines.

Dexter was truly dire

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          LOL

and Xena waves from the sidelines.

Dexter was truly dire
                          Hey look, there's Enterprise frantically wanting attention. Lost seems to be lurking in the shadows too.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Whats everyones rating for the season?
                            Spoiler:
                            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

GoT is in the elite league with LOST and BSG for the three worstly written series finale ever. All 3 had good points and parts, but the final judgements are still huge disappointments.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X