The Bells (805)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I think it was a ‘houston we have a problem’ moment. You always want to get ahead of the story, know what skeletons are in the closet.
    A 'woops I've just told the office gossiper my most prized secret' moment? The guy is called the master of whisperer lol.

This is Tyrion we're talking about, you really think he would've done such a mistake?

As a fan of the show I honestly feel betrayed, it's almost if Season 8 was written during a bus commute and Michael Bay revised the whole thing adding random explosions scenes.

Do you genuinely believe that made sense or are you trying to find sense?
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

hey anyone else get Darth Daeneris vibes out of this?

"Daenerys! you were the chosen one! it was said you would destroy the Wheel no join it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        A 'woops I've just told the office gossiper my most prized secret' moment? The guy is called the master of whisperer lol.

Do you genuinely believe that made sense or are you trying to find sense?
        I think Tyrion was trying to talk it out and deal with the info. Who else would he tell? Grey Worm? Nah, dude wouldn’t care or know the ramifications. Davos? no. Who else was there? He already knew how Jon felt and honestly if anyone messed up it was Jon. If Jon REALLY didn’t want the throne he should have sworn Bran to secrecy and kept his mouth shut. He already had enough to deal with figuring out he was getting jiggy with his aunt. But even there he either kept up the incest or told her. She was not going to understand why their blossoming relationship had to come to an immediate halt.

Jon was in a lose/lose, which put Tyrion in a lose/lose. Varys just gleefully reached for a better solution than the ‘roll the dice and see if she’s sane’ Targaryen.

You can blame Sansa for not keeping the secret but the initial blame is on Jon. And I think he was quite deliberate in telling people, even if it was unconsciously so. I think he saw her madness, saw her potential, but didn’t want to ‘see’ it. I think he was hoping others would take care of things for him, or that he could control Dany and that she’d pull it back and turn back into the woman he met at the wall. Instead she does dark side.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Who else would he tell?
          anyone but the world's top game player? (after Petyr)
          that's still assuming Tyrion loyal to Dany & didn't want to compromise her of course

Comment

Tyrion knew he was busted bc Dany found out about Sansa telling him, could very well be she told others then others, making the culprit impossible to find.

Tyrion snitched Varys for no reason.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

"The Bells" sounds right as a fitting title : :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:

I am pretty sure this is not just a master troll episode, but it was also the biggest franchise killer ever in the history of television. There is no way that viewers will watch the spin-off after this.

And as I have read in a YouTube comment, try to imagine all those parents who named their daugters as Dany, Daenerys or Khaleesi.

Sandor is a Hungarian name and it is written as "Sándor" with "á" which is like "aa". His nickname is "Sanyi" in Hungarian. (János was also a Hungarian name what is equal to John.)

And these writers will write the next Star Wars movies. Oh dear... That franchise is also bleeding out without help.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                There is no way that viewers will watch the spin-off after this
                actually D&D wont be in charge of those

Comment

I will give the writers some slack because they were given the impossible task of taking 7 years of story and wrapping it up in about 7 hours. It’d be like taking Harry Potter and making them condense Deathly Hallows into a 30 minute tv special.

but this will go down as yet another ‘rushed to the finish’ series finale.

Shame on HBO for boxing them into only 6 episodes. That’s where a good chunk of the blame lies. And HBO likely doesn’t care. they’ve made their money, even if fans find the last season dire, they still got paid and will make enough (probably already have) to offset the cost of the season.

sigpic

Comment

from what I heard HBO was willing to spit out more money & it's the writers themselves who said they'd only need 6 episodes

Comment

I will give the writers some slack because they were given the impossible task of taking 7 years of story and wrapping it up in about 7 hours. It’d be like taking Harry Potter and making them condense Deathly Hallows into a 30 minute tv special.

Shame on HBO for boxing them into only 6 episodes. That’s where a good chunk of the blame lies. And HBO likely doesn’t care. they’ve made their money, even if fans find the last season dire, they still got paid and will make enough (probably already have) to offset the cost of the season.
                      Unfortunately that's not quite the case, Sky. Benioff and Weiss were the ones who asked for the two final short seasons because they want to move on to other projects. HBO have even said that GoT could go on for ten seasons if they wanted but it's Benioff's and Weiss' choice to end it here.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

HBO wanted 10 seasons. Benioff and Weiss said no.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

In short, they got rich and they got out. That's not going to leave a good impression on the fans for sure.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

well there we go. Laid on their laps then

sigpic

Comment

I just figured that Varys attempted to poison Dany via the kiddo he told to get back to the kitchen. Greater the risk, greater the reward.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                                I just figured that Varys attempted to poison Dany via the kiddo he told to get back to the kitchen. Greater the risk, greater the reward.
                                Oh crap! Of course. That makes sense. Could... Could Tyrion be in on that? With Varys sacrificing himself so that Tyrion could prove himself to Dany for just a little longer?
                                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X