The Bells (805)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Oh crap! Of course. That makes sense. Could... Could Tyrion be in on that? With Varys sacrificing himself so that Tyrion could prove himself to Dany for just a little longer?
    That'd be an interesting twist. Although I now recall Tyrion asking Varys "don't do it" when he implies Dany should be outted, I'd say unlikely. Tyrion is def. going down next episode though.

Dany's face looked very weird too when Tyrion tells her, maybe it's the poison?
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

He was also writing letters about the truth of John's real parents. I believe the child was meant to send away his "texts" with raven to everywhere, so the news would have been spread far away, so Dany has realised she has lost anyway.

By the way.... Varys was the one who hired that winemaker in season 1, who wanted to poison Dany if you remember. Later she asked him about it, but they have gone through this action really quickly.

The poision is a good idea as they have said she hasn't accepted any food. But I believe his real actions were the letters. And I am sure he has sent a few out already with ravens.

If the show would be realistic, then Varys would have been executed together with Tyrion. And maybe Dany would have tried to kill John as well. If he dies then her position couldn't be in danger at all with or without the truth of John.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Well the 7 seasons of character dev were burned along the red keep so I half-expected to see Varys leading the vanguard on the final assault.

Besides, Varys acted on orders from Robert in season one, and, I theorized that he knew the plan would fail. Remember that it is Varys himself who along with Illyrio smuggled Dany and Viserys to Essox in the first place. Think about it, Jorah was his pawn he could've killed Dany anytime he wanted, but the Spider just wanted to keep eyes on her.
        Edit: also quite convenient that Jorah saved Dany from drinking the wine eh?

Also it is canon that Targaryen and other Valyrians were different breed of men with their specific charastic traits. It is also canon that they are immune to most poisons AND illnesses that affect Andalos (the ppl of Westoros). Considering this was s01 stuff it has to follow Martin's canon. In 300 years of fire and blood Rhaena Targaryen loses all her friends and relatives on Dragonstone when her husband poisons the whole Garrison. Rhaena did not, it was flower of lys which was the same found in the wine in s01.
        Last edited by Chaka-Z0; 15 May 2019, 02:06 PM.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I think Danys face in that scene was just to mirror the mad king.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Besides, Varys acted on orders from Robert in season one, and, I theorized that he knew the plan would fail. Remember that it is Varys himself who along with Illyrio smuggled Dany and Viserys to Essox in the first place. Think about it, Jorah was his pawn he could've killed Dany anytime he wanted, but the Spider just wanted to keep eyes on her.
            Edit: also quite convenient that Jorah saved Dany from drinking the wine eh?
            too convenient since there were many ways this could've failed (succeeded): what if Jorah had been held up & arrived just a few seconds too late to stop the wine merchant

when all Varys had to do was not send the order to poison Dany (and then pretend that he did send the order, but that it failed), or send the order to put a placebo in the wine (and pretend it was real poison but that it failed) etc. basically foolproof plans
            instead of telling the merchant to put real poison where the risk of success was very real

also (in the books) when Robert does consider a failsafe way to kill Dany (faceless men) it's not Varys but Littlefinger who convinces Robert to drop it
            it's as if Littlefinger was the real Dany supporter there

Also it is canon that Targaryen and other Valyrians were different breed of men with their specific charastic traits. It is also canon that they are immune to most poisons AND illnesses that affect Andalos (the ppl of Westoros). Considering this was s01 stuff it has to follow Martin's canon. In 300 years of fire and blood Rhaena Targaryen loses all her friends and relatives on Dragonstone when her husband poisons the whole Garrison. Rhaena did not, it was flower of lys which was the same found in the wine in s01.
            then why was Varys trying to poison Dany in s8

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              then why was Varys trying to poison Dany in s8
              Either that was his last resort move since there was no time and remember all the stories about Targs are mostly tales and legends so maybe he wasn't sure if it was true.

Or just bad writing so let's not discount that. Tyrion has been totally random since S7.

As for Robert, clearly simply lying wouldn't work, Kings have many informers, spies spying on spies. Varys isn't a fool and he's been playing the game since the very beginning.
              Spoiler:

Comment

As for Robert, clearly simply lying wouldn't work, Kings have many informers, spies spying on spies.
                and guess who's the chief spy of all spies

Comment

and guess who's the chief spy of all spies
                  Varys and his birds of course. But dude everyone can spy on anyone, LF did for one.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

And I mean I could totally be wrong, just a theory
                    Spoiler:

Comment

BTW idk if anyone noticed but Varys is the only guy we've seen burned alive, silently.

I thought it was odd or maybe he just got cooked right off (he got shot point blank). Or perhaps he is... a GOD!?
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Varys and his birds of course. But dude everyone can spy on anyone, LF did for one.
                        Varys is one of the few LF respects
                        and Roberts spends more time hunting & drinking than being a king safe to say he's not the type to keep an eye on the clockwork
                        if anything his hand would do that & guess who his hand was - Ned who opposed the assassination attempt on Dany

BTW idk if anyone noticed but Varys is the only guy we've seen burned alive, silently.

I thought it was odd or maybe he just got cooked right off (he got shot point blank). Or perhaps he is... a GOD!?
                        other humans have been shot point blank they continued moving & screaming

for a moment I thought maybe he could be from a high valyrian house too hence his name ending in "ys"

Comment

Well we saw Dragonfire is the new rail guns of GOT blowing up castles and stuff so fair to say getting a direct hit at point blank is on the level of a nuclear explosion.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

(somehow Balerion only melted Harrenhal whereas Drogon has tomahawk missiles)
                            Spoiler:

Comment

(somehow Balerion only melted Harrenhal whereas Drogon has tomahawk missiles)
                              tomahawk missiles that don't melt stone

btw that fire should've at least thrown the Night King back with its kinetic effect (especially since NK was thrown off Viserion with just a kick from Jon lol)

btw ever since end of season 7 I've had my own theory on how GoT could end (suffice to say it's so farfetched outrageous subversive & overall hardcore even GRRM would never dare go there yet it's also plausible) now it's doubtful the show will have anything like that but it just so happens there's a petition to have HBO hire decent writers & rewrite season 8 - anyone signed yet? (if only to voice discontent)

Comment

but it just so happens there's a petition to have HBO hire decent writers & rewrite season 8 - anyone signed yet? (if only to voice discontent)
                                The d&d walking hams were willing to pull the plug bc they got bored. Not halfway, but like 2-3 seasons before end and 7 seasons in. If you think about it they didn't write anything until s06 and prolly realised they were two clueless seals unable to draw a stick figure.

I'd love nothing more, but you can bet they rigged that series with fineprints.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X