The Bells (805)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    from what I heard HBO was willing to spit out more money & it's the writers themselves who said they'd only need 6 episodes
    Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Unfortunately that's not quite the case, Sky. Benioff and Weiss were the ones who asked for the two final short seasons because they want to move on to other projects. HBO have even said that GoT could go on for ten seasons if they wanted but it's Benioff's and Weiss' choice to end it here.
    Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    HBO wanted 10 seasons. Benioff and Weiss said no.
    $#%@. I had accepted with equanimity a headlong rush toward the finish line because I believed it was driven by the "business" part of show business -- a financial decision. Somehow I found that easier to accept.

I'm minutes away from watching the finale, so I'll try to put this out of my mind.
    Last edited by Brother Freyr; 19 May 2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
      $#%@. I had accepted with equanimity a headlong rush toward the finish line because I believed it was driven by the "business" part of show business -- a financial decision. Somehow I found that easier to accept.

I'm minutes away from watching the finale, so I'll try to put this out of my mind.
      Yeah I was the same before I read up on things a bit.

To a certain extent I still don't blame them. As a writer there's nothing worse than working on a project you don't have a passion for anymore. I think they ultimately handled it badly. For whatever reason. Chasing that next paycheck. Just feeling too enthused about their newer ideas. But at the end of the day it's a very rare thing to have a satisfying final season in any tv show. Most shows have mediocre final seasons and mediocre to disappointing series finales. It's just one of those things that seems too common in television. I actually think I can name the number of properly good planned finales on one hand(as opposed to shows that have been cancelled and didn't receive a proper send off) . Possibly ten at most without really starting to struggle.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
        more of a reason to end their careers
        if viewers can contribute to this

Comment

Working...
        X