• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bells (805)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON EIGHT
    THE BELLS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 805
    After a traitor is exposed at Dragonstone, Jon and the North join Daenerys in a direct assault against King's Landing -- hoping to force the people of the city to turn against Cersei. Meanwhile Jaime, Arya, and Sandor Clegane enter the capital on their own personal missions.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 14 May 2019, 01:20 PM.

So, quite the death toll

Varys
    jamie
    Cersei
    the mountain
    sandor
    the evil scientist dude
    And Euron, woohoo.

and it turns out Varys was right, Dany is nuts. She deliberately torched the city for no reason.

Now...will Jon be able to kill her? Be sure that’s what needs to happen.

unless of course the few surviving ‘good guys’ retreat to let her torch it all.

Oh and Sansa better watch out, cause Dany will come for her next.
    Last edited by Skydiver; 12 May 2019, 07:55 PM.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Now...will Jon be able to kill her? Be sure that’s what needs to happen..
      Jon will do it but not before Dany has Tyrion killed. Arya would gladly, eagerly do the deed, but this job is for Jon.

We'll (maybe) learn that Varys succeeded in sending messages to many of the more important destinations. Bringing Dany to justice will help persuade Westeros to accept Jon as king. At least, that's the way it would play out if we had two or three episodes.
      Last edited by Brother Freyr; 12 May 2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I think we’ll likely see Arya being the one to kill Dany. She’s already within the city walls (what’s left of them) while Jon retreated back outside. I’m also thinking Tyrion will may die now. It seems too convenient that Tyrion is otherwise the only Lannister left. Although we know Casterly Rock is all but destitute now so if Tyrion does live it may be a pauper of a house which I think he’d be perfectly happy with at this point.

With Kings Landing wiped out I think it’s fair to say Dany did what she said she was going to do and break the wheel of power that the great houses fight over. At a guess i’m Not sure they’ll bother rebuilding it. I am wondering if Jon will just refuse the throne all together and argue that the Seven Kingdoms can rule themselves and go back North as a Stark/Snow.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I dunno, he has to be smart enough to know, without a single king, the 7 individual kingdoms will be involved in endless bickering and turf wars. the ambitious survivors will - once their forces build up - go raiding to expand. Someone will always be wanting to be ‘the king’ of the land and will not peacefully co-exist and be happy with what they have.

Tyrion learned a hard lesson, one Varys learned long ago - the good of the many outweigh loyalty to one.

Varys could see the madness, Tyrion was too blinded by loyalty to see it, so watched the murder of innocents because of it.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            I dunno, he has to be smart enough to know, without a single king, the 7 individual kingdoms will be involved in endless bickering and turf wars. the ambitious survivors will - once their forces build up - go raiding to expand. Someone will always be wanting to be ‘the king’ of the land and will not peacefully co-exist and be happy with what they have.

Tyrion learned a hard lesson, one Varys learned long ago - the good of the many outweigh loyalty to one.

Varys could see the madness, Tyrion was too blinded by loyalty to see it, so watched the murder of innocents because of it.
            I can't decide if I like the direction Tyrion has taken over the last couple of seasons or not. In earlier seasons he was painted as being far cleverer than he is now but of course I think he always backed that cleverness up with wealth or power, neither of which he has any more.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

a bland Cleganebowl, Arya there for the sake of being there, Varys' death pointless as he was no martyr (no supporters), Jaime's evolution retconned, and the Mad Queen "just cause"
              no need to elaborate just Dumb & Dumber living up to their nickname
              trust that GRRM at least will get the books right

on the plus side Tyrion's now the tallest member of house Lannister

Comment

I liked the accent on the destruction and slaughter of the smallfolks, totally unwarranted violence.

I didn't like well, just like other eps, the justification behind it, this season really could've used a few more eps to at least wrap it up instead of rushing things. The Clegane fight had a very cheesy ending imo, I'm sad for Varys but he knew he was going to die this was a YOLO moment for him.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

they even recycled acts (collar around Jaime, Sandor's eyes gouged Oberyn style)

Comment

Anybody noticed the wildfire explosions when the dragon struck certain buildings? Seems like Cersei had planted jars all over the town, Mad King style.
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

it's competition on who can be the maddest queen
                      except Cersei's at least makes sense considering all the previous character development

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

btw I just figured out how the dothraki replenished their troops

during their journey from Winterfell to King's Landing they raped many women thus making new dothrakis

man I should've been in charge of the script (couldn't be worse right?)

Comment

Aryas plot shield is strong...

Have to agree about Jamie, its a shame he went back to Cersei. At least Brienne can cry into Tormunds arms

Danys gone full mad queen and will turn on the North now. Where will the final battle be?

As for those scorpions that have been so useful up to now, they kinda sucked... But I suppose it shows how easy it is to take a city when you have a dragon on your side.

Interested to see how they end it and whos left standing...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              Danys gone full mad queen and will turn on the North now
                              this would motivate Jon to kill her (but would also render Arya officially irrelevant since episode 3)

Comment

Working...
                              X