The Long Night (803)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Didnt GRRM give the show writers an outline of how the books were going to go?
    He did. and presumably, what they have done is in line with how his books would end...the ‘catch’ is that while both may arrive at the same destination the path they travel may be a bit different
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      He did. and presumably, what they have done is in line with how his books would end...the ‘catch’ is that while both may arrive at the same destination the path they travel may be a bit different
      Yup. But the other catch is GRRM himself admitted he's kinda stuck in a mess of plots.And I mean he could change the whole story. Destination is : NK is killed. The rest is up to him.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Oh yeah, you could tell that when those two books meandered on for 1000+ pages and really accomplished nothing. It’s like he was sitting in front of his computer, banging out scenes, struggling to figure out where the plot was going and writing scenes in the mean time that did nothing to advance the plot...because he didn’t know where to go.

Kinda like the cab that circles the block because no one gives the driver a destination. He meandered and he seemed to have an editor that let him wander in circles.

sigpic

Comment

Makes me wonder if he's waiting for the show to give him ideas.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            That is the most plausible theory. I am convinced that when Martin left the boat it was mainly because of disagreements with the producers. Some people don't work well under pressure, which I'm sure he experienced from the public as well. He's just waiting for the show to run its course so he can pop out a whole different story and go ''hey see I'm better than those guys''.

Honestly at that point, I'm shelving the GoT books in the same drawer than Half-Life 3. I'm not expecting them to ever come out.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              Destination is : NK is killed
              even if the walkers have a leader in the books nothing's to say he'll be killed for good
              maybe a new one's created every time the previous one's killed
              like the slayers in Buffy

if there is a NK I hope he's not killed by something simple like a dagger (unless it's forged in a mount Doom style volcano maybe)
              btw apparently many viewers complained about this part of the ep that he should've been unaffected by the dagger (cause he was unaffected by dragonfire) and the screenwriters answered
              or rather, answered the reverse question (why was he unaffected by dragonfire)
              and the answer's as dumb as it gets he said given ASOIAF there's no reason why it should or shouldn't affect him, but he thought it'd be "too dull" if it did kill him so he decided to spice things up '_'
              in other words it's up to the viewers to come up with a coherent explanation lol

he bloody better not (he's better than that right?)
              Last edited by SoulReaver; 03 May 2019, 07:12 AM. Reason: url

Comment

Some say NK might've warged into Bran.

And no, he's not better than that.
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  That is the most plausible theory. I am convinced that when Martin left the boat it was mainly because of disagreements with the producers. Some people don't work well under pressure, which I'm sure he experienced from the public as well. He's just waiting for the show to run its course so he can pop out a whole different story and go ''hey see I'm better than those guys''.

Honestly at that point, I'm shelving the GoT books in the same drawer than Half-Life 3. I'm not expecting them to ever come out.
                  I have the books but I honestly don’t know if I will ever go back and wade through them. the most joy in reading them was - as those that were watching the show approached the Red Wedding, enjoying the horror of those that didn’t know it was coming.

GRRM seems like one of those writers that plots and plots and plots and plots....then does write, but gets bored with it and stops writing because he’s now interested in something else. I know for me if I do too much plotting and writing stuff down, my brain considers the plot/puzzle solved and moves on.

I feel that, ultimately, GOT will come to a good and decent conclusion, but they really needed a couple more episodes to really flesh it out, so it will feel rushed in a way, and GRRM will never finish those books because I don’t know if he can handle being compared to others rather than having others compared to him. (it now won’t be ‘how much the show changed from the books, it will be how much the books diverted from the show)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    I feel that, ultimately, GOT will come to a good and decent conclusion, but they really needed a couple more episodes to really flesh it outn’t be ‘how much the show changed from the books, it will be how much the books diverted from the show)
                    3 episodes without white walkers just to deal with Cersei ain't enough?
                    without Plot Induced Stupidity it would only take them 1 episode (send in Arya she may pull it off even without a mask)

Comment

That's fine with me, if it helps him finish the books (something I don't expect him to do).

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                      send in Arya she may pull it off even without a mask
                      Arya *would* be the perfect choice to end Cersei's life. Her one blade could prevent all the deaths from the armies' fighting. She could kill Qyburn and wear his face to get next to Cersei. But the showrunners can't allow it, not since Arya already killed the Night King. It would violate some rule of good drama. Shame.

Comment

There is also the whole believability thing. One person kills every bad guy? Too much plot device.

Arya is on a revenge quest, and for her now it’s not as much who she keeps killing, but if she decides to live or die. She may be the foil to make something happen, but I wonder if Cersei’s death will come at the hands of one of her brothers.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X