Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"in the name of the father I charge you to be brave"

etc.

those 3 lines from the knighting ceremony were awesome the way they sounded so solemn & fitting for a paladin but also had me curious about the existence of a real life version in England or medieval western Europe

the only thing I could find was the knight's 'oath of fealty' where they pledge loyalty to t-heir lord which is completely different as it deals with the Lawful aspect of knighthood & not the Moral aspect* as depicted in the show's "Faith of the seven" version

yet logic says there had to be a real life version of this (probably involving the christian trinity or something) which inspired the show's version no?

* that's the Dungeon's & Dragons fan talking hehe

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    yet logic says there had to be a real life version of this (probably involving the christian trinity or something) which inspired the show's version no?
    The Knights of the Round Table oath maybe. King Arthur was a fooken legend man.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentecostal_Oath

* that's the Dungeon's & Dragons fan talking hehe
    Dude there were paladins but clerics too, and remember their alignment can't be chaotic or they can't cast spells.

Also you don't need to look far for GoT. It's England's history turned fantasy, I believe GRRM admitted as such.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      The Knights of the Round Table oath maybe. King Arthur was a fooken legend man.
      dude I said real life examples -_-

(the westeros knighting ceremony does have arthurian vibes)

Comment

Working...
      X