Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Avengers: Endgame Post Viewing MAJOR SPOILERS Thread

Thought it would be better to create a thread so we could discuss openly the film.

Who was the mystery kid at the end at Starks funeral?

Default Re: Avengers: Endgame Post Viewing MAJOR SPOILERS Thread

The kid from IM 3
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Ahh yes, nice touch!

Was there an end credits scene? Just wanted to check I didnt miss it even though I stayed till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Ahh yes, nice touch!

Was there an end credits scene? Just wanted to check I didnt miss it even though I stayed till the end.
    Nope.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Holy frak. I got home just a few minutes ago, and oh my god.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

I know right!

What was your fav bit?

There were many. Many. Many.

The one that springs immediately to mind is the moment when all the portals open, and literally everything that the franchise has been building over the last 11 years comes together in one spectacular moment. I haven't been choked up by awe in a movie moment like that since the Rohirrim rode to Gondor's rescue in Return of the King.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    There were many. Many. Many.

The one that springs immediately to mind is the moment when all the portals open, and literally everything that the franchise has been building over the last 11 years comes together in one spectacular moment. I haven't been choked up by awe in a movie moment like that since the Rohirrim rode to Gondor's rescue in Return of the King.
    Had the whole cinema whooping. Also Cap with Thors hammer!

On a different note, my eyes actually did well up when Pepper was telling Tony that it’s okay and ‘he can rest, we’ll be fine.’ I’ve been at the bedside of more than one dying relative and heard those exact words, so the scene had just an agonizingly real touch in that scene.

Yeah, wasnt expecting Black Widows death going in, but as soon as they went to get the stone you knew one was a goner...

Oh hey — regarding the (lack of) credits scene: at the very end of the credits, when the Marvel Studios cars came up, a sound was playing. To me it sounded like a blacksmith beating metal on an anvil. What was that about?

Oh hey — regarding the (lack of) credits scene: at the very end of the credits, when the Marvel Studios cars came up, a sound was playing. To me it sounded like a blacksmith beating metal on an anvil. What was that about?
    Yeah, I picked up on that. A teaser for a new iron man, the dwarf at the forge? Could be anything at the moment.

Also, is Loki now alive again?

Yeah, wasnt expecting Black Widows death going in, but as soon as they went to get the stone you knew one was a goner...
    I kinda wish she hadn’t...I’ve never been overly enamoured of Hawkeye, so I’d have been just fine if he died.

Speaking of Soul Stone-related stuff though: the restored Gamora is not our Gamora. She didn’t experience ANY of Guardians 1 or 2. I’m very curious how this will be addressed by Guardians 3.

Yeah, I picked up on that. A teaser for a new iron man, the dwarf at the forge? Could be anything at the moment.

Also, is Loki now alive again?
    I don’t think so. He died pre-Snap in Infinity War, and the 2012-Loki didn’t come back to the present with them, so I’m assuming he’s still dead. Unless he faked his death in IW, which wouldn’t be the first time he’s done it.

I kinda wish she hadn’t...I’ve never been overly enamoured of Hawkeye, so I’d have been just fine if he died.

Speaking of Soul Stone-related stuff though: the restored Gamora is not our Gamora. She didn’t experience ANY of Guardians 1 or 2. I’m very curious how this will be addressed by Guardians 3.
    GOTG3 is probably going to be the search for her, but apparently its not coming out anytime soon...

I don’t think so. He died pre-Snap in Infinity War, and the 2012-Loki didn’t come back to the present with them, so I’m assuming he’s still dead. Unless he faked his death in IW, which wouldn’t be the first time he’s done it.
    Didnt time change though when he snuck off with the Tesseract? Time travel is confusing... Nebula killing her past self, the whole Cap thing...

GOTG3 is probably going to be the search for her, but apparently its not coming out anytime soon...
    The other thought I’d had was, what if Guardians 3 isn’t an Endgame follow-up, what if it’s a direct sequel to 2 in the same way that 2 was a direct sequel to 1? Bypass the IW/Endgame issue entirely.

Well at least we know the Black Widow film will be a prequel...

Didnt time change though when he snuck off with the Tesseract? Time travel is confusing... Nebula killing her past self, the whole Cap thing...
    It didn’t change though, when they were explaining the time travel, they specified that changes in the past create branching timelines, they don’t affect the “prime”/home-of-Endgame-Avengers timeline. That’s how they were able to steal the Stones and muck about with their past selves without things going completely off the rails BTTF style.

This film hit the nail on the head with pretty much everything. Tone wise, humour wise, stakes wise, emotional wise.

Although it must be said, they really held off with Captain Marvel... haha

Definately going to watch it again in the cinema!