Avengers: Endgame Post Viewing MAJOR SPOILERS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the detailed answers.

I have completly forgotten that one Nebula killed the other Nebula. I was worried that she deleted "herself" from the timeline. I also couldn't remember to see Gamora on the GotG's ship. Maybe that caused the confusion.

I was also not a big fan of depressed Earth. I know 50% of the population is a huge number, but we have to believe in humanity. Even if such a rate of people would die, the survivors would live their life. So I couldn't imagine such things as empty harbours or stadiums in New York. Life finds a way as we know it from Jurassic Park.

I know this is "only" a comic movie, but Thanos' plan was wrong from the beginning. Even if he could have killed half of the universe, the other half will still procreate and have next generations. So the whole snap was meaningless in philosophical way as he must have used again and again if he wants true balance. Then they have changed his motivations for this movie, so he really turned into an evil character.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I don't think it would've added much drama if Earth had been all happy and hunky-dory

The Un-Snappening raises some....sticky....questions though, doesn't it? What happens to the people who were in planes at the time they were ashed, do they just reappear up in the air where there's no plane anymore? What about people who have remarried in the five year interim? Suppose you were in the shower when you were ashed away, the landlord has since rented out your apartment, and then you return....naked in what is now someone else's apartment? What if a baby was mid-childbirth when it got ashed, is it just suddenly hanging halfway out of mum's privates when it's un-snapped?

These are the stupid, completely irrelevant questions that plague me.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        I don't think it would've added much drama if Earth had been all happy and hunky-dory

The Un-Snappening raises some....sticky....questions though, doesn't it? What happens to the people who were in planes at the time they were ashed, do they just reappear up in the air where there's no plane anymore? What about people who have remarried in the five year interim? Suppose you were in the shower when you were ashed away, the landlord has since rented out your apartment, and then you return....naked in what is now someone else's apartment? What if a baby was mid-childbirth when it got ashed, is it just suddenly hanging halfway out of mum's privates when it's un-snapped?

These are the stupid, completely irrelevant questions that plague me.
        This comment I cant rep you

Comment

Don't go to the Internet Rob. The rabid people are already complaining about the 5 year gap and how will it affect future movie. The new Spiderman movie being a prime example
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, at this point in life I'm just not interested in what the whiner crowd has to say anymore. Not just for Marvel, but for any series really. These people live just to s*** on things other people enjoy.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

holy crap!
              https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2019.htm
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Saw that. I think we all knew it was going to shatter records
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Please let it finally topple Avatar. Please.

Comment

Its possible but I dont see it happening
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Its possible but I dont see it happening
                      Depends on how much of a dent Detective Pikatchu has.
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't know that it's so much that as it is Avatar was in theatres for like six months with almost no competition. Endgame still has a pretty uphill battle if it wants to top Avatar, but I'll still hope.

I would speculate that Endgame's biggest competitors week-to-week are:
                        May 10 - Detective Pikachu
                        May 17 - John Wick 3
                        May 24 - Aladdin (this will probably be a big one)
                        May 31 - Godzilla
                        June 7 - X-Men: Dark Phoenix
                        June 14 - MIB International
                        June 21 - Toy Story 4 (this will probably also be huge)
                        June 28 - Not much out this weekend because....
                        July 2 - Spider-Man: Far From Home (at which point Endgame's take will probably drop markedly, if it's even still in theatres by then)

Comment

Dark Phoenix will probably be a big one. They have similar audiences
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't know that it's so much that as it is Avatar was in theatres for like six months with almost no competition. Endgame still has a pretty uphill battle if it wants to top Avatar, but I'll still hope.

I would speculate that Endgame's biggest competitors week-to-week are:
                            May 10 - Detective Pikachu
                            May 17 - John Wick 3
                            May 24 - Aladdin (this will probably be a big one)
                            May 31 - Godzilla
                            June 7 - X-Men: Dark Phoenix
                            June 14 - MIB International
                            June 21 - Toy Story 4 (this will probably also be huge)
                            June 28 - Not much out this weekend because....
                            July 2 - Spider-Man: Far From Home (at which point Endgame's take will probably drop markedly, if it's even still in theatres by then)
                            You missed the lion king
                            sigpic

Comment

I've found Hawkeye to be an utterly useless character
                              Well, I don't know, but the one time he wasn't there, half the universe died...

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                You missed the lion king
                                I didn't. It's not out till July 19, by which point I expect Endgame to have been toppled by something (Spider-Man, if nothing else first).

I expect Spider-Man will be #1 for the weekends of July 4-7 and 11-14, and then be beaten by Lion King the following weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X