No announcement yet.

Avengers: Endgame Post Viewing MAJOR SPOILERS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something tells me that'll never happen, but it would be nice. I'd especially like it if the credits scenes that are just chopped down versions of other scenes were excised completely.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Alright, here's my read of chronology that only includes movies and One-Shots (basically, completely ignoring TV) :

Captain America: The First Avenger (full film)
      CA: TFA - SKIP credits scene entirely, as it repeats in The Avengers.
      OPTIONAL: Skip opening/closing scenes of TFA entirely, watch them just before The Avengers.
      One-Shot: Agent Carter
      Captain Marvel (full film)
      Captain Marvel - Credits scene 2: Goose coughs up the Tesseract.
      Iron Man (full film)
      Iron Man - Credits scene: Meeting Nick Fury.
      Iron Man 2 (full film) *
      Iron Man 2 - SKIP credits scene entirely, in favour of:
      One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer *
      The Incredible Hulk (full film) *
      The Incredible Hulk - SKIP credits scene entirely, in favour of:
      One-Shot: The Consultant *
      Thor (full film) *
      Thor - Credits scene: Loki begins mentally dominating Erik Selvig.
      The Avengers (full film)
      The Avengers - Credits scene 2: The gang eating shawarmas shortly after the battle.
      The Avengers - Credits scene 1: The Other informs Thanos of Loki's defeat.
      OPTIONAL: Slot the beginning of Spider-Man: Homecoming in here.
      One-Shot: Item 47
      Iron Man 3 (full film)
      Iron Man 3 - Credits scene: Banner is not a psychologist.
      One-Shot: All Hail the King

Thor: The Dark World (full film)
      Thor: TDW - Credits scene 1: Turning the Aether over to the Collector.
      Thor: TDW - Credits scene 2: Thor comes back to Earth for Jane.
      Captain America: The Winter Soldier (full film)
      CA: TWS - Credits scene 1: Strucker, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch.
      CA: TWS - Credits scene 2: Bucky goes to the Smithsonian.
      Guardians of the Galaxy (full film)
      Guardians - Credits scene 1: Dancing Baby Groot.
      Guardians - Credits scene 2: Howard the Duck.
      Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (full film)
      Guardians 2 - Credits scene 1: Kraglin trying to learn how to use the arrow.
      Guardians 2 - Credits scene 2: The Ravagers.
      Guardians 2 - Credits scene 3: The creation of Adam Warlock.
      Guardians 2 - Credits scene 5: Stan Lee as a Watcher.**
      Avengers: Age of Ultron (full film)
      Avengers: AOU - Credits scene: Thanos's "fine, I'll do it myself."
      Ant-Man (full film)
      Ant-Man - Credits scene 1 - Hank shows Hope the Wasp suit.
      Ant-Man - SKIP credits scene 2, as it repeats in Civil War.

Captain America: Civil War (full film)
      Captain America: CW - Credits scene 1: Taking Bucky to Wakanda.
      Captain America: CW - Credits scene 2: Peter back in Queens.
      Black Panther (full film)
      Black Panther - Credits scene 1: T'Challa before the United Nations.
      Black Panther - Credits scene 2: Bucky awakens in Wakanda.***
      Spider-Man: Homecoming (full film)
      Spider-Man: HC - Credits scene 1: Toomes and Mac Gargan in prison.
      Spider-Man: HC - SKIP credits scene 2: it's a real-world gag scene, not in-universe.
      Doctor Strange (full film)
      Doctor Strange - SKIP credits scene 1: as it repeats in Ragnarok.
      Doctor Strange - Credits scene 2: Mordo has become a villain.
      Ant-Man and the Wasp (full film)
      Guardians 2 - Credits scene 4: Teen Groot is obnoxious.
      Thor: Ragnarok (full film)
      Avengers: Infinity War (full film)
      Avengers: IW - Credits scene: Maria Hill and Nick Fury are dusted.
      Ant-Man/Wasp - Credits scene 1: The Pyms/Van Dynes are dusted.
      Ant-Man/Wasp - Credits scene 2: Big ant drums while alarms blaring (presumably from the snap).
      Captain Marvel - Credits scene 1: Carol at the Avengers base demanding to know where Fury is.
      Avengers: Endgame (full film)

*Technically all of these stories happen either at the same time or within hours/days of each other, so there's some wiggle room.

**I'm really torn on placement of this one, because it could go pretty much anywhere.

***This one could potentially also move up closer to Infinity War
      Last edited by DigiFluid; 04 May 2019, 08:04 AM.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Alright, here's my read of chronology that only includes movies and One-Shots (basically, completely ignoring TV) :

Captain America: The First Avenger (full film)
        CA: TFA - SKIP credits scene entirely, as it repeats in The Avengers.
        OPTIONAL: Skip opening/closing scenes of TFA entirely, watch them just before The Avengers.
        One-Shot: Agent Carter
        Captain Marvel (full film)
        Captain Marvel - Credits scene 2: Goose coughs up the Tesseract.
        Iron Man (full film)
        Iron Man - Credits scene: Meeting Nick Fury.
        Iron Man 2 (full film) *
        Iron Man 2 - SKIP credits scene entirely, in favour of:
        One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer *
        The Incredible Hulk (full film) *
        The Incredible Hulk - SKIP credits scene entirely, in favour of:
        One-Shot: The Consultant *
        Thor (full film) *
        Thor - Credits scene: Loki begins mentally dominating Erik Selvig.
        The Avengers (full film)
        The Avengers - Credits scene 2: The gang eating shawarmas shortly after the battle.
        The Avengers - Credits scene 1: The Other informs Thanos of Loki's defeat.
        OPTIONAL: Slot the beginning of Spider-Man: Homecoming in here.
        One-Shot: Item 47
        Iron Man 3 (full film)
        Iron Man 3 - Credits scene: Banner is not a psychologist.
        One-Shot: All Hail the King

Thor: The Dark World (full film)
        Thor: TDW - Credits scene 1: Turning the Aether over to the Collector.
        Thor: TDW - Credits scene 2: Thor comes back to Earth for Jane.
        Captain America: The Winter Soldier (full film)
        CA: TWS - Credits scene 1: Strucker, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch.
        CA: TWS - Credits scene 2: Bucky goes to the Smithsonian.
        Guardians of the Galaxy (full film)
        Guardians - Credits scene 1: Dancing Baby Groot.
        Guardians - Credits scene 2: Howard the Duck.
        Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (full film)
        Guardians 2 - Credits scene 1: Kraglin trying to learn how to use the arrow.
        Guardians 2 - Credits scene 2: The Ravagers.
        Guardians 2 - Credits scene 3: The creation of Adam Warlock.
        Guardians 2 - Credits scene 5: Stan Lee as a Watcher.**
        Avengers: Age of Ultron (full film)
        Avengers: AOU - Credits scene: Thanos's "fine, I'll do it myself."
        Ant-Man (full film)
        Ant-Man - Credits scene 1 - Hank shows Hope the Wasp suit.
        Ant-Man - SKIP credits scene 2, as it repeats in Civil War.

Captain America: Civil War (full film)
        Captain America: CW - Credits scene 1: Taking Bucky to Wakanda.
        Captain America: CW - Credits scene 2: Peter back in Queens.
        Black Panther (full film)
        Black Panther - Credits scene 1: T'Challa before the United Nations.
        Black Panther - Credits scene 2: Bucky awakens in Wakanda.***
        Spider-Man: Homecoming (full film)
        Spider-Man: HC - Credits scene 1: Toomes and Mac Gargan in prison.
        Spider-Man: HC - SKIP credits scene 2: it's a real-world gag scene, not in-universe.
        Doctor Strange (full film)
        Doctor Strange - SKIP credits scene 1: as it repeats in Ragnarok.
        Doctor Strange - Credits scene 2: Mordo has become a villain.
        Ant-Man and the Wasp (full film)
        Guardians 2 - Credits scene 4: Teen Groot is obnoxious.
        Thor: Ragnarok (full film)
        Avengers: Infinity War (full film)
        Avengers: IW - Credits scene: Maria Hill and Nick Fury are dusted.
        Ant-Man/Wasp - Credits scene 1: The Pyms/Van Dynes are dusted.
        Ant-Man/Wasp - Credits scene 2: Big ant drums while alarms blaring (presumably from the snap).
        Captain Marvel - Credits scene 1: Carol at the Avengers base demanding to know where Fury is.
        Avengers: Endgame (full film)

*Technically all of these stories happen either at the same time or within hours/days of each other, so there's some wiggle room.

**I'm really torn on placement of this one, because it could go pretty much anywhere.

***This one could potentially also move up closer to Infinity War
        I’d still stick Incredible Hulk between iron man 1 and 2 and ignore that particular end credits scene entirely since it doesn’t really fit in continuity now.

Also i’d Stick GotG vol 2 after Age of Ultron. Possibly straight after Ant Man since there is an implication of a good amount of time passing between the two films.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

So, here's my thought processes on those things...

IM2/TIH/Consultant: It's not just the 'Culver University incident' we see in the background in IM2, which I would agree is not conclusive. There's also that, at the end of IM2, Fury 'downgrades' Stark to being a 'consultant.' In The Consultant, which I have replacing the TIH credits scene, "a consultant" is exactly how Tony identifies his role, when Ross starts questioning him in the bar.

I also like that The Consultant neatly identifies that Abomination is still around but locked up, and in the course of the story, completely takes him off the board for pretty well any future stories; so The Consultant pretty neatly ties into both Iron Man 2, TIH, and answers a dangling plot thread to explain away why we've never seen Abomination again.

Ultimately though I suppose it doesn't make a huge amount of difference, since the three movies in this period are more or less concurrent. There's no especially compelling reason why TIH (the film itself, rather than the credits scene) couldn't have started say a week before Iron Man 2, concluded at roughly the same time, and then have The Consultant happen after both films.

Regarding Guardians 1 and 2 -- and completely ignoring for a moment that Marvel's 'official' timeline puts them together, because I find their official timeline slightly dodgy...to me, the key timeline identifier is Groot. When we leave the gang at the end of the first film, he's just a baby, not much more than a sapling. When we meet up with the crew again in Guardians 2, Groot is still just a baby. He's out of the pot now, but still tiny and baby-ish. Fast forward to Infinity War (or the credits scene I choose to bump forward) and suddenly he's big, a teen. He goes from being little more than a sapling to being a teen in just four years, meaning he grows very very quicky. So in order for him to be Baby Groot in Guardians 2, I think it works better if it's in fairly close proximity to Guardians 1, rather than a year or more down the line.

Comment

So, here's my thought processes on those things...

IM2/TIH/Consultant: It's not just the 'Culver University incident' we see in the background in IM2, which I would agree is not conclusive. There's also that, at the end of IM2, Fury 'downgrades' Stark to being a 'consultant.' In The Consultant, which I have replacing the TIH credits scene, "a consultant" is exactly how Tony identifies his role, when Ross starts questioning him in the bar.

I also like that The Consultant neatly identifies that Abomination is still around but locked up, and in the course of the story, completely takes him off the board for pretty well any future stories; so The Consultant pretty neatly ties into both Iron Man 2, TIH, and answers a dangling plot thread to explain away why we've never seen Abomination again.

Ultimately though I suppose it doesn't make a huge amount of difference, since the three movies in this period are more or less concurrent. There's no especially compelling reason why TIH (the film itself, rather than the credits scene) couldn't have started say a week before Iron Man 2, concluded at roughly the same time, and then have The Consultant happen after both films.

Regarding Guardians 1 and 2 -- and completely ignoring for a moment that Marvel's 'official' timeline puts them together, because I find their official timeline slightly dodgy...to me, the key timeline identifier is Groot. When we leave the gang at the end of the first film, he's just a baby, not much more than a sapling. When we meet up with the crew again in Guardians 2, Groot is still just a baby. He's out of the pot now, but still tiny and baby-ish. Fast forward to Infinity War (or the credits scene I choose to bump forward) and suddenly he's big, a teen. He goes from being little more than a sapling to being a teen in just four years, meaning he grows very very quicky. So in order for him to be Baby Groot in Guardians 2, I think it works better if it's in fairly close proximity to Guardians 1, rather than a year or more down the line.
            He’s also an alien tree. I’m not sure you need to assign that much logic to groot.

Comment

All the one shot stuff except for Agent Carter are news to me. I've never herd of these things before.

Comment

They were on the DVD/BD releases of the Phase One movies before Marvel stopped making them. Between 5 and 15 minutes long, they were tie-ins to the Phase One movies.

Comment

Worth watching? Should I look for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                    Worth watching? Should I look for them?
                    Um....I'm not sure that they're critical by any means. I don't dislike any of them, but (aside from Agent Carter) they don't add a ton.

The Consultant (2011) replaces and expands upon the credits scene from The Incredible Hulk. It features Coulson and Sitwell (from the movies and SHIELD), and explains why the Abomination is never brought up again.

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer (2011) shows Coulson during his trip after he exits mid-Iron Man 2 / before he finds Mjolnir in the desert.

Item 47 (2012) is kind of a follow-up to The Avengers. It's about a couple of crooks getting up to no good with a piece of Chitauri tech. It features Sitwell and Blake (who reprises the role several times in SHIELD).

Agent Carter (2013) you're aware of. This is my favourite of the bunch, even though it doesn't quite line up with the Agent Carter TV show.

All Hail the King (2014) is a mini-sequel to Iron Man 3, featuring Justin Hammer and Trevor Slattery in prison together. I think this one is hilarious, but it's also a little frustrating in that it teases a sequel that we're never going to get.
                    Last edited by DigiFluid; 04 May 2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Now I'm interested in the first 2. I like Coulson.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                        Now I'm interested in the first 2. I like Coulson.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          You a big thing for me with that one is how well it fits into the Agents of SHIELD tv show in season one. Because we never really see what Couslon can do in a fight and his whole thing throughout the season before knowing how he got revived after Avengers is that he just feels rusty and doesn’t have the skills or muscle memory that he used to.

I’ve also retroactively become very fond of Item 47 since it fits kinda nicely with the opening for Spider-man Homecoming.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Please let it finally topple Avatar. Please.
                              Its getting closer.
                              https://www.thewrap.com/avengers-end...al-box-office/
                              Only 800 million to go
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Tony Stark chose not to help the Avengers with their time-travel plan at first because of the life he created in the past five years. Essentially he was forced to choose between the biological daughter he has and the metaphorical son he failed. In the sidelines remains Harley, whom Tony effectively forgot. Harley was never mentioned in any mcu movies since iron man 3. So why was he at the funeral? Are we to believe they did stay in touch behind scenes or was there a bigger meaning behind his appearance?

Also was he victim of the decimation? Everyone is refering to him as the kid at the funeral or the teenager at the funeral. If he aged properly and didn't disappear he should be in his early twenties since he was 10ish in iron man 3 (2013) and endgame is set in 2023

Comment

Working...
                                X