Avengers: Endgame Post Viewing MAJOR SPOILERS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Cap lived out an alternative life in an alternative universe, then jumped back to the prime universe. That's why his actions don't matter, it's his future, not his past.
    He couldnt Jump back without using the Pym particles and the machine. He also couldnt arrive, before he left. So again, they screwed up.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
      He couldnt Jump back without using the Pym particles and the machine. He also couldnt arrive, before he left. So again, they screwed up.
      It might not be our Cap. I mean in an infinite realm of timelines it could very well be a cap that has all the same memories and experiences of our Cap. A complete Mirror image of Cap if you will.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        It might not be our Cap. I mean in an infinite realm of timelines it could very well be a cap that has all the same memories and experiences of our Cap. A complete Mirror image of Cap if you will.
        Actually, that would be a better explanation. Though it causes headaches, since that would also mean that the MCU we know was created by that other captain america arriving from his timeline. Our Cap meanwhile lifes through his alternate reality and his other version there will eventually jump back and create the next. *ouch*
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
          Actually, that would be a better explanation. Though it causes headaches, since that would also mean that the MCU we know was created by that other captain america arriving from his timeline. Our Cap meanwhile lifes through his alternate reality and his other version there will eventually jump back and create the next. *ouch*
          See this is why you aren't meant to think about it too much.

Comment

Could this be how the X Men are introduced, altername timelines?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
              Could this be how the X Men are introduced, altername timelines?
              Possible but I doubt it. Marvel have shown that that they are artful in adding in new aspects to the universe. Iron Man started very rooted in modern day. Thor and Doctor Strange added in magic that wasn’t there before and Guardians of the galaxy expanded the whole universe. It really won’t be an issue to insert the x-men and a good writer can explain why we haven’t heard about them before. Like if it were me i’d Just make them still unknown in the first x-men movie in the mcu except for Xavier being able to track them with his powers.

Comment

Step 1) Use the destruction of Sokovia to somehow introduce Latveria, and thereby, Dr Doom

Step 2) Fantastic Four movie, Doom’s plot is foiled but [technobabble device] is damaged in the fight and sends a wave of exotic radiation across the planet, with unknown consequences. Cue credits scene with some guy suddenly blasting lasers out of his eyes.

Step 3) X-Men film!
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Step 1) Use the destruction of Sokovia to somehow introduce Latveria, and thereby, Dr Doom

Step 2) Fantastic Four movie, Doom’s plot is foiled but [technobabble device] is damaged in the fight and sends a wave of exotic radiation across the planet, with unknown consequences. Cue credits scene with some guy suddenly blasting lasers out of his eyes.

Step 3) X-Men film!
                  You could definitely do that but it would slightly cheapen magneto and xavier’s Backstory.

Comment

Has anyone considered the universe was saved thanks to a rat
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

That rat is the true hero of the MCU.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        You could definitely do that but it would slightly cheapen magneto and xavier’s Backstory.
                        Nahhh all it would take would be a little tweaking.

Suppose....Doom's [technobabble machine] is based on research Nazi Hydra had done on a pair of infants (Xavier/Erik) with a peculiar genetic abnormality--a gene that's present in all humans, but only active in one out of every 20 million people or something like that. So mutants have been out there this entire time, but there are just so vanishingly few of them (+ most under Xavier's protection) that they've gone unnoticed by the world until now. Then Doom's [technobabble machine] goes off and causes the X-gene to be activated in 10x as many (or whatever multiplier) as before, so the secret is out and suddenly there are mutants everywhere and tons of possibilities for films about them, and about humanity's hateful/fearful reaction to them.

It's rough, it has holes, but it's workable. And if I, the nerd with zero Hollywood experience, can dream that up in 10 minutes on an internet forum, I'm sure the professionals can come up with something even better.

One particularly glaring catch though, that I think they're probably going to have to deal with: WW2 has gotten too far away from us to use as an origin story. Just by the realities of the passage of time, it really is no longer possible to have Xavier and Erik as children during the war. Even a child born in 1945 (which was my supposition above) would be 73 years old in 2018 (the year of the Snap), so by the time an X-movie comes out five years down the line, the character and actor would already be rapidly closing in on 80, with only one movie completed. They'll have to find some way of shifting the origin forward, in the way that Frank Castle's origin story has shifted forward from Vietnam originally, to Afghanistan for modern readers and audiences.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Nahhh all it would take would be a little tweaking.

Suppose....Doom's [technobabble machine] is based on research Nazi Hydra had done on a pair of infants (Xavier/Erik) with a peculiar genetic abnormality--a gene that's present in all humans, but only active in one out of every 20 million people or something like that. So mutants have been out there this entire time, but there are just so vanishingly few of them (+ most under Xavier's protection) that they've gone unnoticed by the world until now. Then Doom's [technobabble machine] goes off and causes the X-gene to be activated in 10x as many (or whatever multiplier) as before, so the secret is out and suddenly there are mutants everywhere and tons of possibilities for films about them, and about humanity's hateful/fearful reaction to them.

It's rough, it has holes, but it's workable. And if I, the nerd with zero Hollywood experience, can dream that up in 10 minutes on an internet forum, I'm sure the professionals can come up with something even better.
                          Didnt they do that already in Agents of SHIELD with the inhumans?

Comment

Ha ha, you're absolutely right - I totally forgot about that!

Comment

We're all trying to forget Inhumans existed
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

SHIELD's Inhumans (that are actually cool), not the non-entity Inhumans show

Comment

Working...
                                X