Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Avengers: Endgame Post Viewing MAJOR SPOILERS Thread

This is about what Rob pointed out few posts earlier.
    Joe Russo about the reunion between Captain America and Red Skull.

The Russos say the spoiler ban is lifted on Monday

https://twitter.com/Russo_Brothers/s...68719607218179
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgharrah View Post
    This is about what Rob pointed out few posts earlier.
    Joe Russo about the reunion between Captain America and Red Skull.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure they just didn't think of it. I mean, this bit:

"The Red Skull is also no longer the same Red Skull from FA. He is more like a ghost, you could almost say he's a completely different entity now. He only exists to guard the stone, his past conscious may or may not exist anymore."

That's just total nonsense -- Red Skull literally talked about his First Avenger past in Infinity War: "A lifetime ago, I too sought the stones. I even held one in my hand. But it cast me out, banished me here, guiding others to a treasure I can not possess."
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

They've misled us before.
    You know we've seen nothing of his last journey. Maybe they're keeping it for a future movie or TV show.

They've misled us before.
    You know we've seen nothing of his last journey. Maybe they're keeping it for a future movie or TV show.
    I doubt it. Unless they specifically bring Red Skull back somehow. (Which as an aside would be a great way to have Falcon ease into his role as the New CapAm. Have Red Skull return and have him need to beat him without Steve.)
    I think it's enough to assume that Steve probably had some sort of stand off with Red Skull at first but then Skull was just like "I just guard the stones now. I am not your enemy any more." Maybe they have a conversation about how it all began and that was part of what convinced Steve to actually not return after all.

Also I am wondering how they're going to go about naming some of the Future franchise instalments now. Like if they do another Avengers with Spidey, Marvel, Strange and Black Pather it'd be cool to have a soft reset of the naming conventions and have it called "The New Avengers" to start with. And if they do a separate film with Bucky and Sam as Captain America they call it something similar. Make it clear that they are taking on those mantles but are very much new starts for them. I actually would love a Sam and Bucky movie since you could quite easily make it like a Odd-couple Buddy movie.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

I'd thought that the implication at the end of Age of Ultron (when they end the movie on Rhodey, Vision, Wanda, and Sam about to start training) was that that was the New Avengers point....but IIRC the phrase was never actually used on screen, so you may be on to something.

On some level though, I think it might be nice if the next Avengers or Captain America films are titled just the same, Avengers: [subtitle] or Captain America: [subtitle]. It'd be a nice subtle way of both saying that the new generation is no lesser than the old, and to emphasize the continuity of this universe. IE: The Red Wings don't stop being the Red Wings just because Gordie Howe retires.

I don't think they're making anymore Avengers or Captain America movies. We'll just see these guys in their own movies/shows.
    The next big series is not another Avengers series. It's going to be the Eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    The Russos on that Cap ending....quite a bit to chew on.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/30/ave...ptain-america/
    If that is true, they really screwed up. Cap couldnt return any way, but through that machine. Jumping farther back in the Timeline was no issue, but to return to his own he needs to come through the machine and he cannot exit before he enterd. He couldnt have sat there unless he lived through a restored timeline.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    If that is true, they really screwed up. Cap couldnt return any way, but through that machine. Jumping farther back in the Timeline was no issue, but to return to his own he needs to come through the machine and he cannot exit before he enterd. He couldnt have sat there unless he lived through a restored timeline.
    Cap lived out an alternative life in an alternative universe, then jumped back to the prime universe. That's why his actions don't matter, it's his future, not his past.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

I don't think they're making anymore Avengers or Captain America movies. We'll just see these guys in their own movies/shows.
    The next big series is not another Avengers series. It's going to be the Eternal.
    They haven't ruled out making more Cap or Avengers movies. They just aren't any in production. But once they know what direction they're going in for the new story they Want to tell then there probably will be another Avengers.
    The Eternals meanwhile will be more like Guardians of the Galaxy. A separate group movie with characters that we are less familiar with. Although unless they radically change the characters it will likely be somewhat more serious than Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Cap lived out an alternative life in an alternative universe, then jumped back to the prime universe. That's why his actions don't matter, it's his future, not his past.
    He couldnt Jump back without using the Pym particles and the machine. He also couldnt arrive, before he left. So again, they screwed up.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

He couldnt Jump back without using the Pym particles and the machine. He also couldnt arrive, before he left. So again, they screwed up.
    It might not be our Cap. I mean in an infinite realm of timelines it could very well be a cap that has all the same memories and experiences of our Cap. A complete Mirror image of Cap if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    It might not be our Cap. I mean in an infinite realm of timelines it could very well be a cap that has all the same memories and experiences of our Cap. A complete Mirror image of Cap if you will.
    Actually, that would be a better explanation. Though it causes headaches, since that would also mean that the MCU we know was created by that other captain america arriving from his timeline. Our Cap meanwhile lifes through his alternate reality and his other version there will eventually jump back and create the next. *ouch*
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Actually, that would be a better explanation. Though it causes headaches, since that would also mean that the MCU we know was created by that other captain america arriving from his timeline. Our Cap meanwhile lifes through his alternate reality and his other version there will eventually jump back and create the next. *ouch*
    See this is why you aren't meant to think about it too much.

Could this be how the X Men are introduced, altername timelines?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Could this be how the X Men are introduced, altername timelines?
    Possible but I doubt it. Marvel have shown that that they are artful in adding in new aspects to the universe. Iron Man started very rooted in modern day. Thor and Doctor Strange added in magic that wasn’t there before and Guardians of the galaxy expanded the whole universe. It really won’t be an issue to insert the x-men and a good writer can explain why we haven’t heard about them before. Like if it were me i’d Just make them still unknown in the first x-men movie in the mcu except for Xavier being able to track them with his powers.

Step 1) Use the destruction of Sokovia to somehow introduce Latveria, and thereby, Dr Doom

Step 2) Fantastic Four movie, Doom’s plot is foiled but [technobabble device] is damaged in the fight and sends a wave of exotic radiation across the planet, with unknown consequences. Cue credits scene with some guy suddenly blasting lasers out of his eyes.

Step 3) X-Men film!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Step 1) Use the destruction of Sokovia to somehow introduce Latveria, and thereby, Dr Doom

Step 2) Fantastic Four movie, Doom’s plot is foiled but [technobabble device] is damaged in the fight and sends a wave of exotic radiation across the planet, with unknown consequences. Cue credits scene with some guy suddenly blasting lasers out of his eyes.

Step 3) X-Men film!
    You could definitely do that but it would slightly cheapen magneto and xavier’s Backstory.

Has anyone considered the universe was saved thanks to a rat
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

That rat is the true hero of the MCU.