Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Avengers: Endgame Post Viewing MAJOR SPOILERS Thread

Thanks for the detailed answers.

I have completly forgotten that one Nebula killed the other Nebula. I was worried that she deleted "herself" from the timeline. I also couldn't remember to see Gamora on the GotG's ship. Maybe that caused the confusion.

I was also not a big fan of depressed Earth. I know 50% of the population is a huge number, but we have to believe in humanity. Even if such a rate of people would die, the survivors would live their life. So I couldn't imagine such things as empty harbours or stadiums in New York. Life finds a way as we know it from Jurassic Park.

I know this is "only" a comic movie, but Thanos' plan was wrong from the beginning. Even if he could have killed half of the universe, the other half will still procreate and have next generations. So the whole snap was meaningless in philosophical way as he must have used again and again if he wants true balance. Then they have changed his motivations for this movie, so he really turned into an evil character.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

I don't think it would've added much drama if Earth had been all happy and hunky-dory

The Un-Snappening raises some....sticky....questions though, doesn't it? What happens to the people who were in planes at the time they were ashed, do they just reappear up in the air where there's no plane anymore? What about people who have remarried in the five year interim? Suppose you were in the shower when you were ashed away, the landlord has since rented out your apartment, and then you return....naked in what is now someone else's apartment? What if a baby was mid-childbirth when it got ashed, is it just suddenly hanging halfway out of mum's privates when it's un-snapped?

These are the stupid, completely irrelevant questions that plague me.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I don't think it would've added much drama if Earth had been all happy and hunky-dory

The Un-Snappening raises some....sticky....questions though, doesn't it? What happens to the people who were in planes at the time they were ashed, do they just reappear up in the air where there's no plane anymore? What about people who have remarried in the five year interim? Suppose you were in the shower when you were ashed away, the landlord has since rented out your apartment, and then you return....naked in what is now someone else's apartment? What if a baby was mid-childbirth when it got ashed, is it just suddenly hanging halfway out of mum's privates when it's un-snapped?

These are the stupid, completely irrelevant questions that plague me.
    This comment I cant rep you

Don't go to the Internet Rob. The rabid people are already complaining about the 5 year gap and how will it affect future movie. The new Spiderman movie being a prime example
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Yeah, at this point in life I'm just not interested in what the whiner crowd has to say anymore. Not just for Marvel, but for any series really. These people live just to s*** on things other people enjoy.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Saw that. I think we all knew it was going to shatter records
    Jelgate is right

Please let it finally topple Avatar. Please.

Its possible but I dont see it happening
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Its possible but I dont see it happening
    Depends on how much of a dent Detective Pikatchu has.

I don't know that it's so much that as it is Avatar was in theatres for like six months with almost no competition. Endgame still has a pretty uphill battle if it wants to top Avatar, but I'll still hope.

I would speculate that Endgame's biggest competitors week-to-week are:
    May 10 - Detective Pikachu
    May 17 - John Wick 3
    May 24 - Aladdin (this will probably be a big one)
    May 31 - Godzilla
    June 7 - X-Men: Dark Phoenix
    June 14 - MIB International
    June 21 - Toy Story 4 (this will probably also be huge)
    June 28 - Not much out this weekend because....
    July 2 - Spider-Man: Far From Home (at which point Endgame's take will probably drop markedly, if it's even still in theatres by then)

Dark Phoenix will probably be a big one. They have similar audiences
    Jelgate is right

I don't know that it's so much that as it is Avatar was in theatres for like six months with almost no competition. Endgame still has a pretty uphill battle if it wants to top Avatar, but I'll still hope.

I would speculate that Endgame's biggest competitors week-to-week are:
    May 10 - Detective Pikachu
    May 17 - John Wick 3
    May 24 - Aladdin (this will probably be a big one)
    May 31 - Godzilla
    June 7 - X-Men: Dark Phoenix
    June 14 - MIB International
    June 21 - Toy Story 4 (this will probably also be huge)
    June 28 - Not much out this weekend because....
    July 2 - Spider-Man: Far From Home (at which point Endgame's take will probably drop markedly, if it's even still in theatres by then)
    You missed the lion king

Chief Master Sergeant

I've found Hawkeye to be an utterly useless character
    Well, I don't know, but the one time he wasn't there, half the universe died...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    You missed the lion king
    I didn't. It's not out till July 19, by which point I expect Endgame to have been toppled by something (Spider-Man, if nothing else first).

I expect Spider-Man will be #1 for the weekends of July 4-7 and 11-14, and then be beaten by Lion King the following weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ESESEL View Post
    Well, I don't know, but the one time he wasn't there, half the universe died...
    Aha

Yeah, at this point in life I'm just not interested in what the whiner crowd has to say anymore. Not just for Marvel, but for any series really. These people live just to s*** on things other people enjoy.
    I'm not so sure I agree with that Digi, under ONE specific condition, which is to change the entire tenor of an established series. Stargate was -always- a somewhat fun, scifi series, much like Farscape was. Lexx was a highly sexualized scifi series, and Trek was -always- a highly political series. When I broke away and "crapped" on SGU, it was more in service of wat Stargate WAS, and what it represented to me. It was not an effort to "diss" the SGU fans. I look at your sig, which is a quote from David Blue, and I say, not every scifi series fit's your vision, go find a series that is more in line with the vision you want to project, don't wreck what I like to sell tickets.
    This is the issue with spin offs.
    Dark Matter I accepted what it was, killjoys as well because they stood or fell on their own merits, SGU did not do that, it tried to cash in on what was 13 years of storytelling. Take away the gate as a plot device, and SGU -as a story- could work, easily. People on an ancient ship, charged with finding the origins of the universe? Fantastic, as a stand alone product, much like Nu BSG was fantastic.
    SGU, quite franky -deserved- the backlash from fans, same way "killer superman" deserved it.

Just seen it. My life has been affected.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

The Russos on that Cap ending....quite a bit to chew on.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/30/ave...ptain-america/

They didn't actually say anything.