No announcement yet.

question about aeroshuttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same. Then there was was an episode where they made contact with a Federation ship on the other end of a wormhole and couldn't make it through in time because they got caught in a battle. I was hoping the other ship would come through to try to help only to also get trapped. I also remember hoping they'd meet up with the Federation ships that were deployed to intercept Voyager before the series ended.

There were a lot of missed opportunities with Delta Quadrant natives that really bugged me as well. The most annoying was an episode where they were trapped in a void with a bunch of other ships and they formed an alliance with some of them to defend themselves against raiders and ultimately escape together. It would have been so incredibly easy to say that one or more of the ships they escaped with had no home to go to or that home was a long way off and was fortuitously in the same direction Voyager was headed. Instead there was an "Aww Shucks" moment where one alien captain notes that, unfortunately, he's headed in the opposite direction and then Janeway declares that it was almost like being part of Federation again.

The Federation united scores of different aliens back home, Voyager couldn't do the same in the Delta Quadrant, even for a short while longer than a single episode given all the crews displaced by war and the Borg? "The Void" aired at the tale end of the 7th season. I get why they thought being episodic was important to them, but in the end game, when the UPN was constantly putting out promos encouraging people to tune in for the last few episodes, they could have shook things up by finally letting Voyager build a collation in the lead-up to their series finale confrontation with the Borg.

After all that disappointment, I almost lost it when Enterprise opened with the idea that they were preparing 3 ships, but rather than wait for the other 2 to be completed, they were going to send the Enterprise out there alone despite it being severely ill-equipped to deal with encounters with hostile aliens.
    Last edited by Xaeden; 16 October 2022, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X