A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    you mean the water priests had creatures that could match the dragons?
    Okay so I reopened my GoT Bible and found it. Too lazy to type it all so here it is from the wiki:

Water magic: the ancient Rhoynar people, who lived along the Rhoyne River in western Essos, were said posses magic drawn from the river itself. Their "water wizards" were able to call upon great water spouts, knocking Valyrian dragon riders out of the sky.

As for Valyria, they were nobodies until they found the source of their powers hidden in a mountain (pyromancers of incredible might), but they had to dig mines to harness it using slaves that died in the thousands and one day the place "blew up" and sunk (The Doom). And yes if I recall the Targs just happened to be elsewhere and were the only survivors.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

hydrokinesis sounds 1337

Comment

btw to pick up on what I said earlier:

btw am I the only one who thinks Brienne deserved better

as in to be knighted by a King in person (such as Jon if he gets the crown) it's supposed to be the highest honour
        here's a source from the books:

Ser Barristan pondered raising Tumco and Larraq to knighthood then and there, and mayhaps the Red Lamb too. It required a knight to make a knight, and if something should go awry tonight, dawn might find him dead or in a dungeon. Who would dub his squires then? On the other hand, a young knight’s repute derived at least in part from the honor of the man who conferred knighthood on him. It would do his lads no good at all if it was known that they were given their spurs by a traitor, and might well land them in the dungeon next to him. They deserve better, Ser Barristan decided. Better a long life as a squire than a short one as a soiled knight. --ADWD

and honour's just as important to Brienne right?

Comment

But doesn’t Brianne know the truth about Jamie and why he killed the king?

ANd she’s also smart enough to know she may very well be dead in a few hours so what all does it matter?

SHe respect him, some may even say loves him so it was a good gift

ANd, book canon vs show canon. That scene was written by tv show writers that were setting up a series of ‘poignant good byes’ and ‘lovely character moments’ and they had a lot of them so why lose 3 pages of a script explaining knightly honor?
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Jaime tells her at some point yea. Brienne believes in honor above everything and she definitely loves him.

As far as I'm concerned, the real dishonor was on Tywin. In the books during Robert's rebellion the Lannisters only switch sides when defeat is imminent, at the very end when they come up with that backstabbing plan.

Tywin ordered Gregor to kill the babies, bribed Master Pycelle to open the gates at Kings Landing and he was just a dick overall. Eddard was disgusted at the whole thing but he had no choice in following Robert's lead, they were Bros so. Also Ned could've been the one sitting on the Throne but he didn't want it.

It's hinted since the beginning that Jaime never liked his Father's ways. He's on a redemption path basically throughout the whole story.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              Jaime tells her at some point yea. Brienne believes in honor above everything and she definitely loves him.

As far as I'm concerned, the real dishonor was on Tywin. In the books during Robert's rebellion the Lannisters only switch sides when defeat is imminent, at the very end when they come up with that backstabbing plan.

Tywin ordered Gregor to kill the babies, bribed Master Pycelle to open the gates at Kings Landing and he was just a dick overall. Eddard was disgusted at the whole thing but he had no choice in following Robert's lead, they were Bros so. Also Ned could've been the one sitting on the Throne but he didn't want it.

It's hinted since the beginning that Jaime never liked his Father's ways. He's on a redemption path basically throughout the whole story.
              As I recall the books Jaime also urged the mad king not to open the gates to Tywin as well. He tried to fulfill his Oath to the Kingsguard right up until the last moment when he couldn't standby any more.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Also Ned could've been the one sitting on the Throne but he didn't want it.
                of all the rebels only Bob Baratheon has Targaryen ancestry 1/4 from one of his grandparents which gives him a claim to the throne that's why Ned (as a Stark & bound by duty) let him take it cause these things are apparently extremely important in westeros even above kings

so the real question would be what if none of the rebel leaders had Targaryen blood?

once Aerys was deposed who would sit on the throne? would they still go "by the book" & keep it legit? in which case they would've had to put Viserys on the throne which would've basically made the whole rebellion pointless (replacing Aerys with an Aerys #2) lol

Comment

btw am I the only one who got strong Middle Earth vibes from the Jenny Oldstones song
                  (the version from the credits with female vocals not Podrick's version)

this would easily fit a Middle Earth setting like Aragorn as Strider at the Prancing Pony inn or something

Comment

Well Robert was still called the Usurper by his rivals and the North only cared to the point that they stay independant. I guess the downside of a sketchy claim would be possible rebellions by other houses. Besides Moat Cailin is impregnable so the North can't be conquered by conventional means, it's a bottleneck.

Safe to assume that Aerys line would've been tossed aside either way, the Targs couldn't possibly hope to remain in power without dragons, which nobody believed they still existed.

Aegon the Conqueror conquered by force and fear, not respect and love. This House was not much loved since they had pretty much 1 crazy ruler every two Kings
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Aegon the Conqueror conquered by force and fear
                      that raises another question why did Aegon settle for a feudal system where the 7 paramount houses kept their lands & armies instead of abolishing the 7 kingdoms altogether & going all central monarchy with 1 single royal army (like emperor Qin did in China)

Comment

that raises another question why did Aegon settle for a feudal system where the 7 paramount houses kept their lands & armies instead of abolishing the 7 kingdoms altogether & going all central monarchy with 1 single royal army (like emperor Qin did in China)
                        Conquerors don't make good rulers necessarily (Daenerys)
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                        X