No announcement yet.

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really, it’s more likely that 10 million per episode is an average..make one cheaper get more to spend on others.

No, I doubt Ghost was 10 Million to put in there.....but once you think about the salaries for all the actors, crew, transport, catering, location shooting, the cost of building the set (were they able to keep winterfell standing for years or did they have to rebuild it? or just fix it up?) and all those other bits and pieces, money gets chipped away rather quickly.

I will not do the googling, but let’s say that 10 million per episode is a 60 million dollar budget for 6 episodes. You start to think how much just turning the lights on costs, along with all the stuff above, salaries, transport, room and board. All the props that had to be made (all those obsidian knives), costuming for the principals and extras plus any landscape remediation they have to do (fix back anything they chop up or destroy in the battles) and 60 million ain’t all that much.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
      Really, they're that expensive to produce?
      I was exaggerating but truth is direwolf CGI is more expensive than dragon CGI apparently (something to do with the textures used)

Comment

anyone else think Jaime's "trial" suffered from ****ty writing?

Dany complaining about how Jaime killed Aerys: why didn't Jaime tell the entire crowd of northmen how Aerys was about to burn them all? Jaime would've revealed the truth about how he saved half a million people & that would've made him a lot more popular in the north (a step toward getting rid of the "kingslayer" label)
        and why didn't Dany confirm it? she already admitted to Jon that Aerys was evil (last season) if she publicly acknowledged to the north that her own father was evil that would've gained her a lot more trust among the northmen

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          I was exaggerating but truth is direwolf CGI is more expensive than dragon CGI apparently (something to do with the textures used)
          Hair is harder to render than scales because it has to flow and move

sigpic

Comment

@soul

About the night king, I think you're wrong. GoT lore tells us the NK was a former nightwatch that took a whitewalker for a bride and called himself king. From that moment all his minions Lord's were turned by him so they should *poof* if he goes down, and then their minions next.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Dany: I bet we'll see a spark of the Mad King soon. Psycopathy is inherited is it not?

Jorah: I actually always loved the guy (the friendzoned knight) and I can't wait to see him wield Heartsbane dropping them Z's.

The anointment of Brienne scene got me right in the feels. She sure as hell deserved it, the wench is the very representation of what a knight is, minus the tata's.

Ghost CGI budget was off the charts, we saw him for a good 10 secs (as some pointed out already). Noice.

My prediction: Night King goes down either next episode or on the 4th, then off to Cersei and Ep. 6 will be the happy ending nobody wants.
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                @soul

About the night king, I think you're wrong. GoT lore tells us the NK was a former nightwatch that took a whitewalker for a bride and called himself king. From that moment all his minions Lord's were turned by him so they should *poof* if he goes down, and then their minions next.
                nope that's in the books

in the show NK is a former first man (Stark probably) and is the first walker

in the books the walkers have no leader

Comment

Dany: I bet we'll see a spark of the Mad King soon. Psycopathy is inherited is it not?
                  it is

though Dany could've just stormed King's Landing & torched the Red Keep where Cersei lives from the get go (that's what Viserys would've done without hesitation) and she'd still have her 3 dragons

instead she's in the north for Jon's sake minus 1 dragon (who btw was killed for nothing since Cersei never intended to help)

the way I see it there's 3 possibilities:

1 - Dany renounces the throne (for Jon's sake again) but still gets to be queen (queen consort - better than nothing eh?)
                  besides Jon speaks neither valyrian nor dothraki so how would he control the unsullied & dothraki? those 2 armies would still be loyal to Dany so even without the throne she'd still have more power than Jon, ponder this +_+

2 - Jon renounces the throne because he never wanted power anyway (that's what would make him a great king) but in exchange Dany gives Jon the north & settles for being queen of the 6 kingdoms

3 - **** politics the Night King kills both Jon & Dany, claims the iron throne (which he turns to the ice throne), proceeds to invade & conquer Essos, and becomes the first Emperor of Planetos
                  Hail the Emperor

Comment

it is
                    #1: very unlikely imo. Whatever the result may be, I doubt the Unsullied would remain in Westoros after the war(s), they don't like it up there in Canada it's too cold for them. (But their balls aren't freezing so there's that )
                    #2 Most likely scenario, I say Jon will be made King in the North and Dany will get the rest
                    #3 reminds me of Good Guy Palpatine, interesting idea.

Or my favorite:

#4: All the mains die and Varys takes the Throne using his Elephants special forces he stole from the Golden Company (remember Cersei was asking about them)
                    Spoiler:

Comment

#1: very unlikely imo. Whatever the result may be, I doubt the Unsullied would remain in Westoros after the war(s), they don't like it up there in Canada it's too cold for them. (But their balls aren't freezing so there's that )
                      dude these guys have iron discipline and balls nerves of valyrian steel they could survive Ragnarok style cold
                      the dothraki on the other hand I'm not sure

#3 reminds me of Good Guy Palpatine, interesting idea.
                      more like neutral at any rate I never viewed the NK as evil (Bran says the NK wants to erase history but is that really all there is to it? Bran could be wrong reading the NK ain't as simple as reading a mortal human)

Or my favorite:

#4: All the mains die and Varys takes the Throne using his Elephants special forces he stole from the Golden Company (remember Cersei was asking about them)
                      imagine if the series ends with Cersei about to be executed & her last words are "I wanted those elephants"
                      Last edited by SoulReaver; 23 April 2019, 07:55 AM.

Comment

her last words are "I wanted those elephants"
                        Spoiler:

Comment

THe ‘death of those you turn’ seems to be a theme in the show. We saw last season a white leader die and his turnees died with him.

One thing to remember and not get too uptight about, book canon and show canon may be similar but may not be the same. how things are done and how they happen in the two sources may be different, so personally I think for this, what’s seen on TV is canon, what’s in the books is a suggestion unless it’s replicated on the screen.

Jon seems to believe that killing the Night King will kill all his minions. I have a funny feeling we’ll find out for sure this weekend.

sigpic

Comment

killing the NK would probably kill the undead but question is would it only kill those raised by NK himself or also also those raised by his walkers

but why would it kill the walkers? they're not resurrected undead they're alive just like him

Comment

killing the NK would probably kill the undead but question is would it only kill those raised by NK himself or also also those raised by his walkers

but why would it kill the walkers? they're not resurrected undead they're alive just like him
                              I think it depends on how the walkers are made.

If the NK turned them and when he dies they die, then all they turn will also die....a spreading cascade of
                              End.

If not, then it will end some but not all.

Something tells me that it won’t be the end of them all. This has happened before and will happen again. So if winter has come before and the walkers have come before, however they are beaten back can’t kill/end them. It just beats them back.

sigpic

Comment

10 to 1 just like the undead revert to what they were before they were raised (dead) the walkers would revert to what they were before they were turned (alive...and plain human)

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                This has happened before and will happen again
                                so say we all!

scr :/

Comment

Working...
                                X