Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (802)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON EIGHT
    A KNIGHT OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 802
    Jaime Lannister's arrival at Winterfell introduces new tension to the alliance between Daenerys and the Starks. Old friends (and foes) assemble to prepare for the coming White Walker assault, knowing that they may be unable to turn back the enemy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; May 10th, 2019 at 10:59 PM.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Default Re: Episode 802 - A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

So....Jamie is forgiven - or at least accepted.
    Yay for Arya and Gendry (had a soft spot for them since season one)
    Dany starts to show her inner prickliness - methinks she’s either going to have an epiphany or she will need to be stopped. Cause i think she is starting to see Sansa as a threat, and Jon now too. (to be fair, her whole life has been to reclaim the throne and here she is certainly not welcomed with open arms and now to find out there is a legitimate competitor?)

I love the knight moment with Jamie and Brianne (I know she seems to love Jamie but there seems to be sparks between her and Ginger too so....)

We have confirmation from Jamie that Cersei is really pregnant - but does he know or is he sure just cause she told him?)

Some fun gallows humor but I do have to admit, even for them having 7 episodes...or is it six? - it does seem to be coming down to the battle of the dead, then the battle at King’s Landing. I’m wondering if this is gonna be pretty anticlimactic?

Next week
    Spoiler:
    the battle of winterfell

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    So....Jamie is forgiven - or at least accepted.
    Yay for Arya and Gendry (had a soft spot for them since season one)
    Be weird since they didn't meet until season 2

But jesus I was not ready to see THAT scene.

Best character episode we have had in a long, LONG time

I'm not sure I'm ready for the upcoming week with both Endgame and Battle of Winterfell.

Edit: Hey mods can we name the thread after the episode? "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms"
    Last edited by Gen. Chris; April 21st, 2019 at 08:29 PM.

(Moderator)

Someone got it. As you can tell they do not release the episode titles until after it airs on the west coast so we have no way to get them ‘right’ beforehand.

*Not watched the trailer for episode 3 but its pretty obvious from that ending*

Its felt like these past 2 episodes have been about getting everyone where they need to be and any reunions that needed to happen. Now we can get down to the action! Also, there has been so much forshadowing that you wonder which ones are red herrings and which will happen.

Very excited about the next episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    As you can tell they do not release the episode titles until after it airs on the west coast so we have no way to get them ‘right’ beforehand.
    Wasn't criticizing. They haven't publicized the episode titles this year so I figured it was a placeholder

I hope the title of the last episode is Dream of Spring though...

GHOST!

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    GHOST!
    I mean, he really is though. I'm starting to wonder if Jon even knows Ghost is there any more.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

(Moderator)

I honestly wonder if Ghost was really there or CGI’d in cause no one interacted with him

But yeah, so much foreshadowing. And it looks like cost saving. I mean 1 and 2 have essentially been bottle episodes, shot on the existing set for the most part, I’m gonna guess to save the funds for the battles to come.

future spec
    Spoiler:
    although this battle for winterfell, either they win or they lose and run for their lives through the white walkers to get down south...but there’s no way that compliment of people, women and children can beat the walkers, so the whole ice zombie fight might be rather anti-climactic. Kill the Night king and all his followers die, woohoo, now down to cersei’ and it’s over.

There are 6 or 7 total? so we’ve gone through almost a third of the season already.

I do fear this series will end on a ‘rushed to the finish line’ note.

(Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Wasn't criticizing. They haven't publicized the episode titles this year so I figured it was a placeholder

I hope the title of the last episode is Dream of Spring though...

no worries. But to complicate things, there are different titles floating around. I’ve seen ‘The Rightful Queen’ and ‘Jenny’s Song’ on various sites. So I’m gonna guess that HBO is the only real source for episode titles.

no reason why the Walkers would fall if the NK dies

walkers ain't puppets they weren't resurrected dead people (maybe that'd explain why Jon told Beric "you don't understand" when Beric suggested killing the NK was enough)

I reckon if NK is killed then either the walkers revert to human (with blank slate memories/catatonic?) or the other walkers will have to be dealt with individually as well

for the episode itself
    never was a big fan of Jorah but he gains major points for defending Tyrion

Dany did have a point about her being "manipulated" by Jon (and seriously it's been 2 episodes & Dany hasn't mentioned to Sansa or any of the northerners that she basically lost a dragon for Jon's sake? bad writing there unless they're saving it for later but it'd have made more sense to mention it before the battle)

saved by the bell? the potential "conflict" between Dany & Jon when she learns of his ancestry, averted by the arrival of the walkers
    as I said & as she pointed out, the proof is flimsy & rests on the visions of Jon's brother (cousin) and his friend's testimony. maybe Bran can project his visions on her
    Daby would still be queen consort if she married Jon but for some reason I'm not quite convinced those two will marry (dunno why)

so the Night King just wants to erase human memory? that's underwhelming & disappointing I was hoping for something a bit less straightforward a more complex plot which would involve insight into his history to justify or at least explain his motives & actions (unless Bran is wrong after all reading the NK's thoughts isn't quite the same as reading mortals and the NK's powers are vaster than Bran's)

Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    I mean, he really is though. I'm starting to wonder if Jon even knows Ghost is there any more.
    he's in stealth mode that's how he survives

his fighting chances would be greater on an open field but he's still just an oversize wolf & I can't imagine him surviving long on the battlefield with all those blade-wielding undead & walkers
    he'll kill/neutralize a few wights by dismembering them but in the end he's just an oversize wolf & very vulnerable

the dragons have a better chance especially Drogon since he's bigger and (most likely) more heavily armoured than Rhaegon so maybe he could tank a few of those spears & keep on flying

dunno how many main characters will fall I just hope the remaining dogs & dragons make it through :|

Soul is right.

btw wasn't expecting "Gendrya" so soon

In wonder how Maisie from seasons 1 or 2 would react if she saw her adult self in season 8 lol

Soul is right.

*Oops, this was meant to be a reply to Skydivers post but didnt want to link it to avoid his tag*

These episodes have definately felt like cost saving which is suprising cause didnt they say they were getting $10million per episode? Or is that the budget for the battles?

I suppose the dragon CGI probably wasnt cheap for episode one but episode two didnt really have anything expensive looking.

Problem with something like GoTs is that the ending will never please everyone. Its either going to be amazing or stumble, hoping for the former but could be the latter. I do feel like theyve been preparing for this for a while so Im hoping its good.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    episode two didnt really have anything expensive looking.
    Ghost's 10s appearance made up most of the episode's budget

Soul is right.

Ghost's 10s appearance made up most of the episode's budget
    Really, they're that expensive to produce?

(Moderator)

Really, it’s more likely that 10 million per episode is an average..make one cheaper get more to spend on others.

No, I doubt Ghost was 10 Million to put in there.....but once you think about the salaries for all the actors, crew, transport, catering, location shooting, the cost of building the set (were they able to keep winterfell standing for years or did they have to rebuild it? or just fix it up?) and all those other bits and pieces, money gets chipped away rather quickly.

I will not do the googling, but let’s say that 10 million per episode is a 60 million dollar budget for 6 episodes. You start to think how much just turning the lights on costs, along with all the stuff above, salaries, transport, room and board. All the props that had to be made (all those obsidian knives), costuming for the principals and extras plus any landscape remediation they have to do (fix back anything they chop up or destroy in the battles) and 60 million ain’t all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Really, they're that expensive to produce?
    I was exaggerating but truth is direwolf CGI is more expensive than dragon CGI apparently (something to do with the textures used)

Soul is right.

anyone else think Jaime's "trial" suffered from ****ty writing?

Dany complaining about how Jaime killed Aerys: why didn't Jaime tell the entire crowd of northmen how Aerys was about to burn them all? Jaime would've revealed the truth about how he saved half a million people & that would've made him a lot more popular in the north (a step toward getting rid of the "kingslayer" label)
    and why didn't Dany confirm it? she already admitted to Jon that Aerys was evil (last season) if she publicly acknowledged to the north that her own father was evil that would've gained her a lot more trust among the northmen

Soul is right.

(Moderator)

I was exaggerating but truth is direwolf CGI is more expensive than dragon CGI apparently (something to do with the textures used)
    Hair is harder to render than scales because it has to flow and move

@soul

About the night king, I think you're wrong. GoT lore tells us the NK was a former nightwatch that took a whitewalker for a bride and called himself king. From that moment all his minions Lord's were turned by him so they should *poof* if he goes down, and then their minions next.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast