Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery - Season 3 (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Wouldn't it be even more topical if they revisited the 'warp limit' from "Force of Nature" -- that nobody listened when the experts said what we were doing was making our world (galaxy) unlivable, and there are dire consequences for that.
    That is another possibility. But they could in theory merge the two. Though i would like to revisit the warp limit thing anyway as although non-canon works always said that they'd found a solution to that pretty quickly and implemented it on the Intrepid and Sovereign classes and so on that feels a bit too easy. I'd rather Starfleet put the warp lkmit in place and then conveniently forgot about it after the Dominion war. Another option as an environmental topic would be that Omega was how Starfleet was able to power all their time travel tech and they ended up relying on it too much that it caused disaster.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      That is another possibility. But they could in theory merge the two. Though i would like to revisit the warp limit thing anyway as although non-canon works always said that they'd found a solution to that pretty quickly and implemented it on the Intrepid and Sovereign classes and so on that feels a bit too easy. I'd rather Starfleet put the warp lkmit in place and then conveniently forgot about it after the Dominion war. Another option as an environmental topic would be that Omega was how Starfleet was able to power all their time travel tech and they ended up relying on it too much that it caused disaster.
      I'm not sure you need something as powerful as Omega to power their time travel technology. The time transporters are cool, but they just perfected what O'brian and Defiant were able to achieve by accident in past tense.

Even Voyager were able to develope time shielding.

Anyway I believe they will go down the route that the Federation became corrupted and collapse from internal differences and a nationalist sentiments on some home worlds of certain species.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Ok so... I have a theory. We know from the trailer that something has happened to the Federation. It's smaller but the guy we see who looks in charge and talks to Burnham doesn't look like he's in dire straights. Where they're talking still looks clean and high tech and kinda utopia-like... So I think this is all to do with the Omega Particle. I think some massive explosion of Omega happened somewhere and cut off the Alpha Quadrant from Warp travel. Enter Discovery with it's Spore Drive and suddenly it's the only ship that can travel because it isn't reliant on subspace. Hence highly sought after and hence Burnham being yet again Starfleet's only hope since it appears in the scene like she may not have met up with Discovery again yet. But if she is the only one who can find it then she will indeed be a hope for the fleet to allow Starfleet to finally rebuild with a fleet of Spore Drive ships.

""I watch this office every day, believing my home was not in vein""

That to me sound like someone who just watch the office, and it wasn't his office or a formal place of work. This place might be completely inactive all bar a signal Discovery detected an followed. He been watching in hopes that some element of the Federation would come to their rescue against the groups of aliens that shoot the discovery crew on every occasion they get it seems. He even say something about them bringing hope.

Maybe this is their base of operations for the series and discovery will rarely fly. A good way to explain how she and the crew survives in this time frame.

Comment

Are we counting the new Short Treks part of season 2 or 3?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            Are we counting the new Short Treks part of season 2 or 3?
            Neither, IMO. I think the Short Treks are a neat way to expand the universe and dip into stuff they (mostly) can't do during Discovery; better to approach each individually, and where they fit into the franchise, rather than try to lump them into just Discovery.

101 "Runaway" -- Discovery S2 tie-in
            102 "Calypso" -- Standalone, currently an epilogue to the entire franchise
            103 "The Brightest Star" -- Prequel, Discovery S2 tie-in
            104 "The Escape Artist" -- Standalone, loose tie-in to both Discovery S1 and TOS
            201 "Q&A" -- Pike's Enterprise, loose prequel to "The Cage"
            202 "The Trouble with Edward" -- Loose tie-in to both Pike's Enterprise and TOS
            203 "Ask Not" -- TBC, but features an appearance by Pike
            204 "The Girl Who Made the Stars" -- TBC
            205 "Ephraim and Dot" -- TBC
            206 "Children of Mars" -- Prequel to ST: Picard
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Since they seem to be an ongoing thing, perhaps a dedicated thread to discuss them is in order?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Yes, please. Short Treks is a separate program on IMDb. Vote to increase the rating!

Comment

Originally posted by EricG View Post
                  Yes, please. Short Treks is a separate program on IMDb. Vote to increase the rating!
                  Keep up, I opened a thread five and a half hours before your post

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...ased-episodes)
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thank you very much.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X