spin offs with women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spin offs with women

if they wanted to have a show with women as the lead, there least 5 other women they could have used don't forget there is the doctors daughter, romana, ME, clara, and maybe even river, who knows.

this could still be a possibility, once game of thrones ends she could come back as ME and the others could join with her, remember she took the other tardis with clara and they flew off as an american themed diner, and i have the perfect name for it, the name of a short lived tv show that stared robert england, the adventures of the nightmare café, from what i remember it too was sort of like a tardis, it would disappear and reappear in strange places too, only just on earth then.

The people who make these things appear to be slightly ahead of you

Besides K-9 and Company and The Sarah Jane Adventures on TV, on audio there are:
    - Bernice Summerfield (led by Lisa Bowerman)
    - The Diary of River Song (led by Alex Kingston)
    - a not-yet-announced Donna Noble box set (led by Catherine Tate)
    - Gallifrey (led by Lalla Ward & Louise Jameson)
    - Jenny (led by Georgia Tennant)
    - a Lady Christina set (led by Michelle Ryan)
    - Missy (led by Michelle Gomez)
    - The Paternoster Gang (led by Neve McIntosh & Catrin Stewart)
    - a Rose Tyler box set (led by Billie Piper)
    - Sarah Jane Smith (led by Elisabeth Sladen)
    - the Torchwood One releases (led by Tracy Ann Oberman)
    - UNIT (led by Jemma Redgrave & Ingrid Oliver)

As well as an Eighth of March set released on International Womens' Day last month, which stars the women of a bunch of these ranges, had all its stories written by female writers, and all four stories directed by a Helen Goldwyn.

At least on the Big Finish front, things are moving along in the right direction quite nicely
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

But it is worth noting that none of those people are the Doctor. Sure you can make a spinoff of Doctor Who with a female hero but they aren't going to be that iconic character. They made the Doctor female because it was about time she was one.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        But it is worth noting that none of those people are the Doctor. Sure you can make a spinoff of Doctor Who with a female hero but they aren't going to be that iconic character. They made the Doctor female because it was about time she was one.
        I agree - I chose to read epg's second paragraph as the thrust of the post, so I rattled off the other female-led stuff in this universe
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah I admittedly re-read the post afterwards and felt I jumped the gun a bit.

I actually would love a ME and Clara spinoff.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Whelp...That's gonna be something we disagree on for eternity because it still makes no sense given he had so many regenerations as male before becoming a female....for reasons...?

That being said...I don't care any more. The show has never made sense nor stayed consistent (in fact it is by far one of the worst sci-fi shows in that regard) so...no point really *****ing about it any more.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X