Winterfell (801)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    but then when Rhaegon let Jon mount him Dany would've reacted & said something along the lines of "that's impossible you're not one of us"
    instead she showed no surprise

also remember how Rhaegon & Viserion let Tyrion near them (and we know he's got no Targaryen ancestry)

GRRM's dragons are supposed to be highly intelligent by animal standards comparable to dogs iirc maybe they just have an intuition that allows them to tell between well-meaning & ill-meaning strangers
    Ahhh but no one else has ever tried riding them before. Dany might not quite understand the significance. She just thinks "Oh well I love this man so of course my dragons let him ride them." Riding is very different to simply being allowed to get near them or unshackle them like Tyrion did. They were still wary of Tyrion but they instantly were becalmed by Jon.

I think we may actually get a glimpse of this in the weeks to come. Arya has always been enamoured by dragons so I wouldn't be surprised if Jon, in an attempt to be big brotherly, tries to get her to ride one and it simply won't let her. That'll be the first clue toward how to prove he is the rightful heir.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

but she knows the dead only add the defeated to their ranks & she'll have to face an even bigger army of much tougher enemies so that can't be it
      Honestly I'm wondering if she cares at all. I mean ever since she became queen she's just seemed to be going through the motions. Forming alliances with the very few that haven't pissed her off and being determined to not bow down to the rest. I wonder if now she knows a out the White Walkers her brain has just completely melted and his just like "You know what, to hell with everyone and everything. I will be the LAST queen of Westeros."

The alternative is actually more simple. Cersei has always been politically savvy but completely clueless in military matters. Maybe she thinks the North will soften up the dead army enough that the Lannister army can finish it off.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Ahhh but no one else has ever tried riding them before. Dany might not quite understand the significance. She just thinks "Oh well I love this man so of course my dragons let him ride them." Riding is very different to simply being allowed to get near them or unshackle them like Tyrion did. They were still wary of Tyrion but they instantly were becalmed by Jon.
        ah but then if Dany's not aware of the "only Targs can ride dragons" rule then there goes another piece of evidence in Jon's favour :|

I think we may actually get a glimpse of this in the weeks to come. Arya has always been enamoured by dragons so I wouldn't be surprised if Jon, in an attempt to be big brotherly, tries to get her to ride one and it simply won't let her. That'll be the first clue toward how to prove he is the rightful heir.
        fair enough could work. trying to ride a recalcitrant dragon can be very dangerous though as Dany pointed out so whoever tries would have to be willing to risk becoming dragon snack

(remember Dany's comeback: "what do dragons eat?" "anything they want" lol)

and Dany doesn't know the rule so this would be a clue but the evidence would still be flimsy

could Bran somehow project his visions onto other humans? make them see what he sees

Comment

Honestly I'm wondering if she cares at all.
          but she clearly said "good" not "yeah whatever" or something

crazy scenario maybe she made a pact with the NK himself but unlikely (though I wouldn't put such a tactic past Euron at least the book Euron going by what I read about him)

Comment

but she clearly said "good" not "yeah whatever" or something

crazy scenario maybe she made a pact with the NK himself but unlikely (though I wouldn't put such a tactic past Euron at least the book Euron going by what I read about him)
            I mean like she doesn't care in the sense that after losing all her children she just wants the world to burn. I mean I know she's supposed to be pregnant again but maybe she just figures that the prophecy has been so correct so far that she won't carry it to term.

Of course the OTHER reason why she could be glad is that she's waiting for Tyrion and Jaime to be dead at which point the ending of the prophecy cannot possibly be true.

Comment

ah but then if Dany's not aware of the "only Targs can ride dragons" rule then there goes another piece of evidence in Jon's favour :|

fair enough could work. trying to ride a recalcitrant dragon can be very dangerous though as Dany pointed out so whoever tries would have to be willing to risk becoming dragon snack

(remember Dany's comeback: "what do dragons eat?" "anything they want" lol)

and Dany doesn't know the rule so this would be a clue but the evidence would still be flimsy

could Bran somehow project his visions onto other humans? make them see what he sees
              It ultimately doesn't matter if Dany knows or not. It's what the people know and we know from the very beginning that legends of the Targaryen dragons run far and wide in Westeros and we have not once (to my recollection) ever heard of a non-Targaryen riding a dragon and that is something that will stand out to people.

Comment

Or she plans to retreat to the Iron Islands courtesy of Enron and lets the rest burn.

Or she’s just plain bugnuts. The woman murdered hundreds to get revenge.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Of course the OTHER reason why she could be glad is that she's waiting for Tyrion and Jaime to be dead at which point the ending of the prophecy cannot possibly be true.
                  reading the words of the prophecy carefully even Jaime & Tyrion's deaths won't annul it

but they left the valonqar part out of the show so either she'll be offed another way, or the witch did mention it but Cersei kept it to herself (a quick Broogle could confirm that)

Comment

As far as the books goes the Targaryen-vip rule for dragons is correct. It's also corroborated in the "World" book about lineages and history.

I'm disappointed that nobody mentioned the dead-eye stare the dragon gave Jon during their romantic escapade, made me lol "you break her heart I cook yours capiche?"

But it might be a subtle hint masqueraded in a joke that the dragon smells a Targaryen in Jon. He smells his true master, the King in the North! ... and the south and the West and the..
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

lol yeah that was funny the dragons are like her guard dogs & Drogon was like "one false move and..."
                      he was always her favourite dragon but also the most dangerous & unpredictable I wonder how he'd react to Ghost

(hope the remaining Stark doggies & Dany's dragons make it through)

Comment

Just to add to the discussion.

My mother theorizes that somehow Cersei is pregnant and there is reasoning to why she let the maid see Jaime in her bed as well as why she let Euron in. Her theory is that she is somehow pregnant by ... The Mountain. She thinks that Cersei sees The Mountain as a super-human and wants a child with his strength. Mom says that they either had sex or Qyburn figured a way to get the job done. She thinks Cersei is pregnant with The Mountain's offspring and needs people to think it is either Jaime or Euron's baby or whatever it is. This would keep with the prophecy if she gives birth to some monster.

And a friend of mine theorizes that Tyrion also has Targaryen blood. He thinks Tyrion's mother had an affair.

And I will be EXTREMELY pissed if they bring back Littlefinger.

And my theories (I think I've shared these before)

Jon Snow dies defeating The Night King, possibly after impregnating Daenerys. Jon Snow has had two purposes throughout the show. One is the revelation of his true past and the other is defeating The Night King. He has had leadership thrust upon him without ever seeking it out so he shouldn't have any great desire to rule the Seven Kingdoms. Plus he is already dead. Everything points to him dying for real by the end so I don't see the fairy tale ending people think will happen.

Arya dies at the hand of a Faceless Man, likely Jaquen H'qhar. Arya is beyond redemption. She signed her death warrant when she betrayed the rights of The Many-Faced God. She might achieve some of her list kills, Cersei, The Mountain, but in the end she'll pay for how she has done things. I think this is also evidenced by the fact that she has too much singular purpose. Jon Snow, Sansa, and Bran have all learned their lessons the hard way and learned to adapt. Arya is still only out for revenge. They might give her some change of heart, but unfortunately it would be pretty weak if she didn't end up paying a price to The Many-Faced God and I am pretty sure there is only one price The Many-Faced God requires.

Sansa will likely be left alone to rule Winterfell.

Bran will return North or go somewhere to be the Three-Eyed Raven.

Jaime or Brienne will end up as Lord Commander of The New Night Watch. (Likely Brienne unless she keeps holding to her vow to protect the Stark girls and stays by Sansa's side.)

Daenery's will rule The Seven Kingdoms, but lose more people she loves - Jon Snow, maybe Jorah, and maybe even Missandie. But she will have a child.

I think Varys might get it, but Tyrion and Daenery's will go on. Sucks because I love Tyrion and Varys relationship. I don't know, maybe Varys makes it as far as seeing his dream come true.

Okay anyway, I thought the episode was fantastic and that ending might be Top 5 for the entire series. I loved most of the reunions, but I was very upset we didn't get a Mormont scene. (I'm sure it is coming.) I thought there was WAY too much Euron and honestly that whole business seemed kind of dumb. I just don't buy Cersei doing it. I mean it was a good distraction for Theon, but the only way I see Cersei giving into that guy is if my mom's theory is right. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                          Plus he is already dead
                          if Jon were dead he wouldn't be able to give child to Dany

Comment

Working...
                          X